Author Topic: College Gunman Influenced by Men's Rights Movement  (Read 36982 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: College Gunman Influenced by Men's Rights Movement
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2014, 04:32:10 am »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2014, 04:32:40 am »
Certainly the disgust that any decent human being would feel upon reading that qualifies as being fazed, even if it's not shocking.
He's already admitted to notrape and said it was okay to shoot a schoolgirl in the head.
Is this even partially unexpected of him?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 05:23:43 am by I am lizard »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2014, 08:53:19 am »
I love how this asshole assumes that he's gods gift to women and in his rampage, could only kill about two or 3 of them.  It's amazing how much supposed pain and suffering this coward thought he was under.  I really hope he took his own life once he realized that he wasn't the alpha predator he thought he was.

Ironbite-so the last thought in his mind was " Oh shit...I fucked up."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2014, 08:57:08 am »
Am I the only one reminded of that guy who thinks the government should give him a girlfriend?

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2014, 09:26:13 am »
Am I the only one reminded of that guy who thinks the government should give him a girlfriend?

The incel blogger?  Looks like we found someone just as disturbed (if not more). 

Having seen two of the guys videos, I can't believe how... melodramatic he was.  It's not what I was expecting.   

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2014, 01:52:43 pm »
Spuki, that's what we were doing. For that matter I think you're the first to mention the word "gun" in this thread. Also, this happened in California.

Which is why I brought up the focus on mental stuff rather than gun control stuff. California has a lot of gun control laws. While I do believe in gun regulations & background checks, this case shows that that alone won't solve this big "shoot-em-up every week or so" trend we have.

Also, I am well aware that this freak was getting therapy & that he was likely an evil sociopath. We need better research into mental health, sociopathy & neurology.

It's not just this guy, it's a lot of people. We need to address mental health, we need to address the stupidity of machismo & "male entitlement", we need to teach character, manners & ethics in our schools. Not strict moralism but basic decency, cooperation, kindness, positivity, etc.

Anyway, this shooter/stabber/entitled douche got what he deserved in the end.....death as a virgin and a ticket to Inferno!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:59:56 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2014, 02:49:12 pm »
Spuki, I like you, but the problem with that line of thought is that it paints the idea that all mentally ill people are potential serial killers who could snap at any second.  That's already what some people think.

This isn't about mental health.  This is about society.  It doesn't matter if he was autistic, autism doesn't make you go crazy with a gun.  What made him go crazy with a gun was entitlement, misogyny, and so forth.

Bringing up mental health is just throwing the mentally ill under the bus.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2014, 03:20:50 pm »
One thing we must all understand - every single person who has posted in this thread, who has posted on this forum, who will ever post on any forum in the history of time is capable of killing a person.

I could say something about how we're smart enough not to, but all of us are capable of making that choice.  Humans are not hardwired to be pacifists.  The truth is, we don't kill because we don't want to.  For various reasons.

And I'm not even talking about heat of the moment manslaughter.  All of us are capable of committing murder, too.

This is the harsh reality of what it means to be human.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2014, 04:50:58 pm »
Spuki, I like you, but the problem with that line of thought is that it paints the idea that all mentally ill people are potential serial killers who could snap at any second.  That's already what some people think.

This isn't about mental health.  This is about society.  It doesn't matter if he was autistic, autism doesn't make you go crazy with a gun.  What made him go crazy with a gun was entitlement, misogyny, and so forth.

Bringing up mental health is just throwing the mentally ill under the bus.

I know that. I'm not just discussing the mentally ill. I'M MENTALLY ILL. I know that the mentally ill aren't all evil violent nutsos. I want mental illness to lose it's stigma. I've been expressing that! Yes, I know he's likely just a guy who's an evil sociopath.

One thing we must all understand - every single person who has posted in this thread, who has posted on this forum, who will ever post on any forum in the history of time is capable of killing a person.

I could say something about how we're smart enough not to, but all of us are capable of making that choice.  Humans are not hardwired to be pacifists.  The truth is, we don't kill because we don't want to.  For various reasons.

And I'm not even talking about heat of the moment manslaughter.  All of us are capable of committing murder, too.

This is the harsh reality of what it means to be human.

I disagree. Many people who have a MASSIVELY hard time with killing someone willingly. Many who do kill in "the heat of the moment" or "self-defense" feel haunted by it long afterwards. Sorry, but humans are not bastards. We're flawed but we are not bastards. Rousseau was just as right as Hobbes....it just depends on the person.

HUMANITY IS.....

The highest & the lowest of the animals.
The wisest & the most foolish.
The most civilized & the most barbaric.
The most intelligent & the most ignorant.
The most reasonable yet the most unreasonable.
The closest relative to the gentle bonobos & the raging chimps.

You see, humanity is varied and to say that all humanity is scum is completely wrong. We can go either way. We can be peaceful or warmongering.

Either way, we need to turn away from our chimp sides & embrace our bonobo side. Yes, humanity can change. We can at least try. Many individuals have succeeded more or less, why not most of the species?

Also, this killer was basically an evil sociopath & not mentally ill. Yes, I get it! This is not about putting the mentally ill under the bus. WHY WOULD I PUT MYSELF UNDER A BUS? I was speaking in generals, about this long string of mass murders going on lately, not just this one case. Geeze, please read my stuff carefully.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 05:07:07 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »
Also, last time I checked none of the symptoms of autism are "Going on rampage because women don't want to suck your malformed, shriveled, greasy, cock".

This is an example of the mentality we have created where guys are all entitled to a girls pants, and that "No." just means she wants a compromise.
Hell, pretty sure this mentality is responsible for the majority of rapes out there.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 05:08:31 pm by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2014, 05:09:13 pm »
Also, we should make the phrase "Not all men." Punishable by flogging.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2014, 05:40:50 pm »
Okay, provided we apply that to all other groups.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2014, 05:52:38 pm »
Just so you know, the reason I hate that phrase is because every time someone says something that could even faintly imply something bad about men the MRA's all start screaming it.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 05:58:43 pm by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2014, 06:00:37 pm »
I'm going to not be talking about this any more for the most part.
I'm just really fucking pissed at this guy and the type of society that let him exist.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:04:47 pm by I am lizard »

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2014, 06:05:28 pm »
Just so you know, the reason I hate that phrase is because every time someone says something that could even faintly imply something bad about men the MRA's all start screaming it.

I'd go a step further and say that I'm sick of the phrase "Not all (insert group here)".  A lot of the time, the people saying it are the ones that fall into the negative stereotype.