Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024015 times)

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2012, 10:03:51 am »
My almost OCD like behavior regarding certain, inconsequential things. I can't remember half of what I learned in high school but I have five different aywas spreadsheets and will have 16 once I complete the project I'm working on. I have three different google docs for just one of the stories I'm the beta for (Notes with sub-headers for general notes and then notes by story. This further breaks down into notes by chapter under individual stories. Like the main conflict of chapter one of the prequel won't get mentioned until chapter 17 of the main story. So it will go under general notes, chapter 1 notes for the prequel, and chapter 17 notes for the main story. I'm working on a comprehensive timeline in the second document, which is hindered by the fact my co-author came up with birth order for a family with ten kids but neither of us thought of ages past "Eh, the second youngest was an adult when the youngest was born". And the third document is a character/location tally which, again, gets broken down into: General, by story, and sub-categories under the stories for the order of appearance in each individual chapter. There are also minor notes next to each character marking the important things they did in each chapter. Like Lyra's chapter 12 bio has the short note "The first (and so far only) time Lyra has used the full designation of Lyra Kasai." or her husband's chapter 13 bio of "This is the second time Koori has introduced himself with 'I am Koori Kasai. Member of the house of the great mother and dark father. Brother to the current Oushen. Mate of Lyra. Progenitor of Midori. I swear my allegiance to the Oushen, long may she reign.' even though he is now aware that the humans have no damned idea what he's talking about. When we do the overhaul, are we keeping this as evidence of the formality of the royalty in their society or is it just evidence of his trickster-ish nature?".). And right now I'm taking notes for something completely unrelated to the two involving a debate on character interpretation.

It would be one thing if I was actually able to apply these talents for meticulousness to something useful. But, no, when I try to do that I freeze, or become scatterbrained, or I get bored and wander off after something shiny.

Edit: Need to add my seeming inability to work by myself. I have not finished anything, that I shared with others, that did not have a a co-author credit in over six months.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:41:44 am by rosenewock21 »
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #316 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:37 pm »
Thinking through the loads upon loads of factors that go into apartment searches.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #317 on: January 27, 2012, 07:36:27 pm »
I'm about to go to bed, and I have that stupid J.G. Wentworth song stuck in my head.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #318 on: January 27, 2012, 08:12:43 pm »
877 cash nooooow!

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #319 on: January 27, 2012, 08:18:34 pm »
1. I'm cold
2. When people like their own posts & photos on FB.

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #320 on: January 27, 2012, 08:21:18 pm »
1. Join us in the dogpile. We have thermal blankets.
2. You can do that?
3. Still over two weeks until new Walking Dead episodes.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #321 on: January 27, 2012, 10:24:02 pm »
As a staffer at another forum, I have to say that stupid and/or mouthy members piss me off quite a bit.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #322 on: January 27, 2012, 10:25:35 pm »
*Sings* I have an annuity but-- 

OH CRAP!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2012, 10:56:45 pm »
Certain guests on Real Time with Bill Maher...Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, and Kennedy(that chick that was a host on MTV, back in the day) need to be taken out back and taken care of.

• The Beast
« Reply #324 on: January 28, 2012, 05:23:34 pm »
I really hate two lines that my parents have used on me.

It's MY house.  If you don't like it, you can move out.

Seeing as how I can't quite afford to support myself yet, I don't appreciate being threatened with homelessness.

The second thing they threaten me with is - and I just heard this one today again.

We don't have to feed you.

Threatening me with starvation?  Seriously?  *sigh*

I can't wait to get a job and stand on my own two feet.  My family REALLY gets on my nerves sometimes.  I don't even want to go into some of the shit I had to deal with growing up, either.

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2012, 05:35:27 pm »
*hugs B-man* If it makes you feel any better, not three minutes ago I heard my mother yell "(my name)! You! Loser!" from another part of the house. I don't know what I've done or haven't done this time but I dread finding out.

Actually, my kids are visiting my grandmother right now. Feels like a good time to slink under a blanket and pretend to be in a coma.

• The Beast
« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2012, 06:04:10 pm »
*hugs B-man* If it makes you feel any better, not three minutes ago I heard my mother yell "(my name)! You! Loser!" from another part of the house. I don't know what I've done or haven't done this time but I dread finding out.

Actually, my kids are visiting my grandmother right now. Feels like a good time to slink under a blanket and pretend to be in a coma.

Oh wow.  That...sucks.  I'm sorry, I don't know how to make a response that will be of any worth.

*hugs*

Oh, I totally forgot to add that my parents have actually locked me out of the goddamn house before, and if I recall correctly, even done so when I came home from school before, although nobody was home.  I mean like, FUCKING DEADBOLTED.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:11:26 pm by B-Man »

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2012, 07:57:58 pm »
I hate this house.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2012, 08:06:18 pm »
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2012, 08:17:48 pm »
Well, it's not really the house. Just my mom. She's states away and she can still make me cry.
Everybody's doin' the fish.