Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1516135 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6705 on: November 22, 2016, 05:12:12 pm »
I played one.  When half a combo doesn't connect because your character doesn't follow them after blowing them back, unlike every single other character I have, your moveset is hosed.  I do like the Frost Daemon moveset, though.  Not terribly hard-hitting, but combos build quick.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6706 on: November 23, 2016, 09:59:24 am »
Bought Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY edition in the Origin Black Friday sale. Since the regular version was only 5€ I was tempted to buy it before checking what extra the GOTY has. I had forgotten about an outrage that made me decide not to buy the game earlier: how the fuck do you keep the ending of the main storyline behind a DLC? I have bought DLCs for games when they have had well made optional extras since that's what I think the DLCs should be. An ending to the story is not a fucking optional extra, that's part of the original package. It's one thing to have a cliffhanger ending as an artistic choice but this is just being an asshole to your customers. I actually feel kind of guilty for falling for it even for <10€ extra since I feel I should boycott this DLC policy out of principle.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6707 on: November 23, 2016, 10:20:30 am »
Is the series good or at least worth watching a walkthrough of?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6708 on: November 23, 2016, 10:51:48 am »
DA: Origins was very good. I haven't played DA2 and I've heard very divided opinions about it but I've heard DA: Inquisition takes the best from both games.

From my experience with the first game a couple of points: the lore and the world are excellent and the story is interesting. The NCP followers are as well done as in Mass Effect and the communication with them is much more satisfying and feels less superficial. The game and rule mechanics work well and are both similar enough to other CRPGs to get into easily and different enough to have their own character and not feel a clone of anything.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:54:15 am by SCarpelan »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #6709 on: November 23, 2016, 03:57:07 pm »
Thinking about replaying Shadow of Mordor.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6710 on: November 23, 2016, 04:04:51 pm »
Thinking about replaying Shadow of Mordor.
I should get back to that, at some point...

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6711 on: November 23, 2016, 04:24:21 pm »
Shit. I played Dragon Age: Origins with my now broken XBox 360 before Dragon Age Keep went online and my character was not uploaded there. That means my actions in DA:O are not reflected in Dragon Age: Inquisition's story. DAK does allow you to build the storyline you want for the previous games but it just doesn't feel right. Sigh. I guess I'll just play through DA:O again since I have it also on my PC; it was either free or dirt cheap in Origin as a promotion for DA:I when it was published.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6712 on: November 25, 2016, 12:40:11 am »
One question. Why am I only learning about Simutrans now? Looking over it, it's like OpenTTD but with actually good economics (cargo and passengers all have specific destinations, which until now I thought only Railroad Tycoon 3 has ever done before).

If anyone needs me, then fuck off. I'll be busy for the next month, minimum.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #6713 on: November 25, 2016, 05:19:12 pm »
I'm thinking about getting Watch_Dogs 2. Would anyone here recommend it?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6714 on: November 26, 2016, 06:11:23 am »
Off topic, but I just realised what your username means. Well, it certainly got a giggle out of me. Though I'm rather surprised at myself that I didn't get it sooner.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6715 on: November 26, 2016, 06:13:45 am »
Off topic, but I just realised what your username means. Well, it certainly got a giggle out of me. Though I'm rather surprised at myself that I didn't get it sooner.
Huh?

*beat*

Ohhhhhhhh... Heh.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6716 on: November 26, 2016, 02:48:00 pm »
I played one.  When half a combo doesn't connect because your character doesn't follow them after blowing them back, unlike every single other character I have, your moveset is hosed.  I do like the Frost Daemon moveset, though.  Not terribly hard-hitting, but combos build quick.

Yeah - I've leveled up Frigid to about 66 or 67, and damn does he hit hard, especially with Blast type Supers. Freeza's Death Beam does a good amount of work, but I've been looking for some other moves to use as well.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6717 on: November 26, 2016, 05:57:56 pm »
Super Ki Explosion is OP as fuck.  Max out your ki reserves, stun your opponent for a second, then unleash it, holding down til either they die, magic away (some can pull this bullshit), or you run out of power.  You can not only do insane amounts of damage once you hit the 30s or so, but you can easily get a 50-60 hit combo with practically zero effort.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #6718 on: November 27, 2016, 01:05:58 pm »
Steins;Gate 0… based on early are i joked about it been a "PTSD sim" but bloody hell, poor Okabe really goes through the winger in the first chapter or two of this. I wasnt surprised when he mentions taking anti-anxity meds or his psychotherapist says he is showing classic signs of PTSD.

Very worthy follow up the original classic visual novel though, so far!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6719 on: November 28, 2016, 12:05:18 am »
Super Ki Explosion is OP as fuck.  Max out your ki reserves, stun your opponent for a second, then unleash it, holding down til either they die, magic away (some can pull this bullshit), or you run out of power.  You can not only do insane amounts of damage once you hit the 30s or so, but you can easily get a 50-60 hit combo with practically zero effort.

Good to know.

Is there anything in Super Attacks to replace the Kaioken Kamehameha? I want truly stupendous damage without relying solely on Ultimates.

Edit - Beerus' Stamina Break Beam looks fun to play with. I want it.

And if the DLC includes Zamasu, I will have those Blades of Absolution.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:00:04 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer