Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076364 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2745 on: December 06, 2012, 08:13:28 pm »

Hmm, not sure either, but really what little you're describing sounds like it. What else do you do during the episode (In terms of hygiene, schoolwork, interaction with others, sleep, diet)? Is it getting worse each time or staying the same? You might try keeping a journal for a while.

I notice that no matter what people say, it sounds like they hate me. Not hate as in an annoyance, but genuinely angry or threatening me. This is from everyone, even if it's my best friend laughing or my dad. It's really scary because if I'm in a room with a ton of people it feels like being around a ton of people that secretly want to murder you.
People's faces have warped in a "growl" face sorta before, but that's only happened like 2 or 3 times. By "growl" face I mean more like a Chinese lion's growl, or a shisa dog, or even your current avatar.
I actually found this vid which simulates the feeling perfectly, except slightly less extreme:
(click to show/hide)
I've never done drugs or anything btw, and the sounds and "slow" effect in the video are accurate.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2746 on: December 06, 2012, 09:17:18 pm »

Hmm, not sure either, but really what little you're describing sounds like it. What else do you do during the episode (In terms of hygiene, schoolwork, interaction with others, sleep, diet)? Is it getting worse each time or staying the same? You might try keeping a journal for a while.

I notice that no matter what people say, it sounds like they hate me. Not hate as in an annoyance, but genuinely angry or threatening me. This is from everyone, even if it's my best friend laughing or my dad. It's really scary because if I'm in a room with a ton of people it feels like being around a ton of people that secretly want to murder you.
People's faces have warped in a "growl" face sorta before, but that's only happened like 2 or 3 times. By "growl" face I mean more like a Chinese lion's growl, or a shisa dog, or even your current avatar.
I actually found this vid which simulates the feeling perfectly, except slightly less extreme:
(click to show/hide)
I've never done drugs or anything btw, and the sounds and "slow" effect in the video are accurate.

So you're saying you occasionally have sudden, persistent bouts of
- Paranoia
- Delusions of persecution
- Derealization or something similar
- Possible hallucinations
and you haven't seen someone? *hinthintnudgenudge*
Really, you should seek professional help on this.

Other things to consider, besides the episodes:
- Are you able to keep up with schoolwork, hygiene (changing clothes/brushing hair/ etc) or do you feel more unmotivated than your peers (keeping in mind that people in their teens/twenties are not renowned for their cleanliness and work ethic) to do so?
- Do you have trouble making/keeping friends, other than the usual stuff at this age- drifting apart of acquaintances, people moving, and so on?
- Sleep constantly or stay awake days at a time?

(Partially off topic: my avatar is Coyote from Gunnerkrigg Court giving one of his 'nicer' smiles)
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2747 on: December 06, 2012, 09:58:43 pm »
Well the top part yeah, but only for a week every once and a while. I am seeing someone right now but it's sort of hard to explain it in person, and I'm afraid she will either not believe me, or diagnose me with schizophrenia, which I don't want to take the meds.
As far a the bottom three symptoms: First, sort of true, but more with homework. Second one, kind of true, but not as bad as most people suffering from schizophrenia. Third, true during the week long episodes. I get less sleep (3 hours, give or take 1) because I get paranoid as shit and can't sleep. These 3 symptoms are common in most mental disorders though.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2748 on: December 06, 2012, 10:47:21 pm »
Well the top part yeah, but only for a week every once and a while. I am seeing someone right now but it's sort of hard to explain it in person, and I'm afraid she will either not believe me, or diagnose me with schizophrenia, which I don't want to take the meds.
As far a the bottom three symptoms: First, sort of true, but more with homework. Second one, kind of true, but not as bad as most people suffering from schizophrenia. Third, true during the week long episodes. I get less sleep (3 hours, give or take 1) because I get paranoid as shit and can't sleep. These 3 symptoms are common in most mental disorders though.

Well, it's good that you're seeing someone (but you need to explain accurately to them what's going on, or they could send you down a bad road thinking it's the right one). What specifically about schizophrenia or schizophrenia medications do you not like (not that any disorder is fun to have, but you seem very opposed to being diagnosed with that one)? It can occur suddenly or as a slow decline, you know. And many drugs have uses for many disorders, so it's entirely possible (even likely) that you'd end up on the same medications either way.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2749 on: December 07, 2012, 01:17:30 am »
I was at a party tonight, and a girl who had been babysitting two young girls showed up. And BROUGHT the fucking kids with her. Do you honestly think that's appropriate? They were 11 and 5 years old, and the party immediately died when they arrived. Way to fucking ruin it, you bitch.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2750 on: December 07, 2012, 01:30:06 am »
I was at a party tonight, and a girl who had been babysitting two young girls showed up. And BROUGHT the fucking kids with her. Do you honestly think that's appropriate? They were 11 and 5 years old, and the party immediately died when they arrived. Way to fucking ruin it, you bitch.

What in the everloving name of fuck?  Just...what?  Who the hell thinks "a party full of college age folks" and then thinks "IMMA BRING CHILDRENS!"?  People...confuse me, sometimes.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2751 on: December 07, 2012, 01:37:51 am »
Yeah, I hope she feels like absolute shit for ruining everything. You have to be fucking insane to think such a thing could go well. It surely didn't help that the older girl was a complete bitch, and that the younger one was terrified of dogs (there was a dog at the party).

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2752 on: December 07, 2012, 01:44:31 am »
She probably promised the older one booze and the younger one candy.  Its a conspiracy, I tells ya!

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2753 on: December 07, 2012, 02:56:39 am »
Shit in her pillow. It solves every dispute.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2754 on: December 07, 2012, 03:46:14 am »
Alas, I don't think it was that kinda party.  Though, you could always break into her house and replace her toothpaste with extra strength Bengay.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2755 on: December 07, 2012, 10:40:26 am »
As much as I enjoy breaking and entering/shitting everywhere, I'll probably have to do something more subtle to avoid accusations.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2756 on: December 07, 2012, 11:21:31 am »
LLoyds TSB fucking annoy me.

They've declined my card for security checks, and now I can't pay any of my bills on time.

Phoned them up and ended up wasting all my credit, because I couldn't get through.

So now i'm going to have to pay loads of late charges and interest.

Fuck you very much you bastards!

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #2757 on: December 07, 2012, 02:10:59 pm »
Woke up to find one of my bettas died during the night. He was old, but it still sucks.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #2758 on: December 07, 2012, 04:47:25 pm »
Coworkers constantly bickering. All fucking day long. Seriously, nonstop bickering for 8 hours. Also one of the bickering coworkers decided it would be awesome to play My Heart Will Go On 4 times in one day. Three times of which was in the course of a single hour.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2759 on: December 07, 2012, 06:10:18 pm »
This girl in some of my classes will not stop bitching. ever.
She has a GPA over 4.5 but bitches for days if a teacher gave her a 95 on a test or something. She will bitch at that teacher about them "not teaching the material" and a bunch of trivial BS. People who study hours every night for every test will mess up eventually on one question. It's not that big of a deal.
When she bitches about it she insults everyone too. Like "I actually worked hard on this test, unlike everyone ELSE in that class". If someone asks her for help on their homework nicely she will brush them off and act like they aren't good enough for her. She thinks everyone that gets lower grades than her is either lazy or stupid. I feel really bad for the teachers because she pretty much bitches at them until they give her a 100.
Also, she has gotten the lead part in every play since she was a sophomore. She's a good actor, and she's better than most at the school, but there have been some lead parts that should have gone to another person for once. The reason she gets the lead part every time is because she threatened the theater teacher that if she got a lesser-than-lead part she would quit and never join again. It's ridiculous...

Also, she gets really stuck up about conservative social politics. In our Bio class we were talking about DNA, and she tried to make it political by saying that "unborn children have the right to their DNA". We weren't even talking about genetic modification, or even on humans. She also started a "Real Ladies" club. It's a club where girls basically wear "cute" clothes and bake. The outfits she wears are very 1950's-like. It sounds really passive aggressive when they say "real ladies" in my opinion.