Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071008 times)

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2865 on: December 23, 2012, 07:27:17 am »
I just can't get this strumming pattern to a song down, and it's driving me nuts.
Which song?
The Decemberists cover of Bridges and Balloons. The pattern sounds pretty simple, I'm just horrible at strumming.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #2866 on: December 23, 2012, 07:37:14 am »
New flatmate moving his shit in/around with his girlfriend after 10:30pm on a Sunday night. If it had been first semester next year, he'd need to die because I have an 8am lecture on Monday's that requires me to get up at 4am to make sure I get there on time.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2867 on: December 23, 2012, 01:20:53 pm »
I hate when atheist teenagers assume you love to bash religious people just because you are an atheist as well.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2868 on: December 23, 2012, 01:31:04 pm »
I hate when atheist teenagers assume you love to bash religious people just because you are an atheist as well.

Annoying as it is, I think I can see why.  Most of them haven't had a chance to really grow up and mellow the fuck out.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2869 on: December 23, 2012, 01:56:32 pm »

Annoying as it is, I think I can see why.  Most of them haven't had a chance to really grow up and mellow the fuck out.

Yeah, most teenagers are jackasses anyways...

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #2870 on: December 23, 2012, 01:58:31 pm »

It's that, coupled with the fact that they probably haven't been atheists for long. It seems to be pretty common that newcomers to atheism tend to be more virulent. I was never aggressive about it, but when I first became an atheist I was pretty fired up about religion. I largely don't even think about these issues anymore, unless something relevant comes up.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2871 on: December 23, 2012, 03:58:27 pm »
So I got my final grades today, and there's a big fat F sitting there for Fine Arts. My folks are mad enough to kill me, and they're demanding an explanation. The thing is, I don't have one. The day of the final, I asked the teacher if I owed him any papers or work, and if I would be passing. He assured me I was all clear. I don't know what the fuck happened here, but my break is fucking ruined. And my mom has said she won't pay for school anymore since I'm clearly not trying. Except I absolutely am- I pulled A's and B's in my other, harder classes, and I'm in good academic standing with the school as of right now even with that grade. But I'm mostly pissed because I did the work and did it well, and I want credit for it.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2872 on: December 23, 2012, 05:00:39 pm »
Get to thine school and raiseth all kinds of helleth.  Don't stop until it's fixed.  Eth.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2873 on: December 23, 2012, 06:05:12 pm »

This attitude problem is probably why I initially responded to my faith crisis by becoming even more religious- if being an atheist was the same as being an ass, why would anyone want to be one? Glad I soon realized otherwise, or I'd have ended up a fundie.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2874 on: December 23, 2012, 06:26:46 pm »

This attitude problem is probably why I initially responded to my faith crisis by becoming even more religious- if being an atheist was the same as being an ass, why would anyone want to be one? Glad I soon realized otherwise, or I'd have ended up a fundie.

I've actually been looking for something to call myself besides atheist, that way when one asks me they don't immediately start going off about how stupid everyone is for having "imaginary friends".
I think I'll just say I'm not religious. It's the same thing but that way it doesn't sound like an actual group.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2875 on: December 23, 2012, 09:24:07 pm »
I'm thinking of buying a new pocketbook, and I would like another D&B one, but I'm not that fond of the colors/pattens they come in at the moment.
Also Rinella, I'll definitely talk to both the school and the professor.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:31:31 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2876 on: December 23, 2012, 11:15:33 pm »
My stomach can't decide if I'm hungry or full.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2877 on: December 24, 2012, 03:08:10 pm »
So, I'm trying to find myself a black fedora with a white band as a Christmas gift. My little brother was going to get it for me, but he didn't have time, so now we're both searching stores and the internet. As far as I can tell, XL black white-banded fedoras LITERALLY DO NOT EXIST. And most hats in general seem stupidly expensive. I found a nice-looking bowler hat- $219 dollars. What the fuck.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #2878 on: December 24, 2012, 06:29:24 pm »

From my experience, that's one of the advantages of being an agnostic.  ;D

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #2879 on: December 24, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »
So, I'm trying to find myself a black fedora with a white band as a Christmas gift. My little brother was going to get it for me, but he didn't have time, so now we're both searching stores and the internet. As far as I can tell, XL black white-banded fedoras LITERALLY DO NOT EXIST. And most hats in general seem stupidly expensive. I found a nice-looking bowler hat- $219 dollars. What the fuck.

I should have kept some of my grandfather's old hats. I could have made a fortune off hipsters.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy