Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070442 times)

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3435 on: March 11, 2013, 03:58:56 pm »
Fucking colds man. Why do they always correspond with my bursts of inspiration!
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3436 on: March 12, 2013, 12:54:54 am »
To whoever decided to cancel The Clone Wars:

You knew this was coming.  You had to have seen the writing on the wall when they bought the franchise.

Ironbite-but welcome to the Young Justice/Green Lantern club...we have pie.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3437 on: March 12, 2013, 05:14:31 am »
Yeah, I think Disney has some sort of rule that they only make so many episodes of any series before retiring it.  I can't exactly remember what that number is, but I remember thinking "Damn, that's not many, really", when I read about it.

wrightway

« Reply #3438 on: March 12, 2013, 05:20:01 am »

I can't get back to sleep. Bleh.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3439 on: March 12, 2013, 02:15:49 pm »
Yeah, I think Disney has some sort of rule that they only make so many episodes of any series before retiring it.  I can't exactly remember what that number is, but I remember thinking "Damn, that's not many, really", when I read about it.

There's a belief that they have a "65 episode rule", which is only 2 or 3 seasons. This isn't the case, and the very Disney Wiki page on it has a long list of exceptions. There's absolutely no rule that gets followed, no written policy, etc. They just try to stick to that rough area unless the show is popular enough to get approved for more (or bad enough to get canceled).

The reason such an apparently small number gets used is because it lets them run one episode every weekday for 13 weeks, letting them get 4 shows in that timeslot into a calender year. It should be noted that this is mostly an American thing (a lot of people, especially the British, would find it unusually long) and again, it's broken frequently.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3440 on: March 12, 2013, 03:36:54 pm »
If it helps, the Clone Wars has like another season's worth of episodes already made.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3441 on: March 12, 2013, 07:35:31 pm »
People who buy pets they can't care for. I'm referring to people who buy parrots, large cats, monkeys, etc... and then DON'T CARE FOR THEM.
They play with some baby monkey and think it's so cute, but then they buy one and they realize that monkeys make horrible pets. Or they buy a cockatoo because it was snuggling with them in the pet store, but then they don't care for it.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3442 on: March 12, 2013, 07:49:57 pm »
If it helps, the Clone Wars has like another season's worth of episodes already made.

That's thing, I have no problem with it ending, my problem is that whole season worth of episodes is in limbo. From what I understand, they have no idea what they're going to do with it.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3443 on: March 13, 2013, 12:32:45 am »
Repetitive Youtube ads. For the millionth time, Japanese Department of Tourism, I am not going to Okinawa. And you, Square Enix. No matter how many times you show me that same trailer that has not one iota of gameplay, I will not buy the new Tomb Raider. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy to watch Youtube ads. They do support my subscribees, after all. But damn, a little variety would be nice.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3444 on: March 13, 2013, 12:59:34 am »
Repetitive Youtube ads. For the millionth time, Japanese Department of Tourism, I am not going to Okinawa. And you, Square Enix. No matter how many times you show me that same trailer that has not one iota of gameplay, I will not buy the new Tomb Raider. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy to watch Youtube ads. They do support my subscribees, after all. But damn, a little variety would be nice.
Do you also get ads for Mormonism and Christian Mingle?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3445 on: March 13, 2013, 01:13:14 am »
Can't say I have. I suppose that's not such a bad thing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3446 on: March 13, 2013, 01:21:11 am »
Since we're on the topic of ads, I hate facebook ads.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3447 on: March 13, 2013, 01:40:50 am »
My wife's car and the touchscreen on my phone both died today.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3448 on: March 13, 2013, 01:59:54 am »

I get Adblock.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #3449 on: March 13, 2013, 02:11:01 am »
People who buy pets they can't care for. I'm referring to people who buy parrots, large cats, monkeys, etc... and then DON'T CARE FOR THEM.
They play with some baby monkey and think it's so cute, but then they buy one and they realize that monkeys make horrible pets. Or they buy a cockatoo because it was snuggling with them in the pet store, but then they don't care for it.

This for reptiles on so many levels.

How hard is it to do some research before you go and buy an alligator or a caiman?