Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069126 times)

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3495 on: March 19, 2013, 05:48:40 pm »
I am annoyed that sports players get special privileges period. Special work out times? Special jackets?

Really?

They do not need nor deserve any of that.

I'm not the only one who feels this way?  Praise the sun!  Always felt like a freak in school, because it seemed like everyone and their aunts treated sports players better than god damned war heroes.

Nope, you are not. It's especially shitty when other extracurricular activities get cut and ignored in favour of the football team getting new uniforms or whatever. There've also been accusations pretty well everywhere of members of the various teams having their grades fudged so they can maintain the GPA required to play, even when they're unequivocally failing HARD. Or they're not punished when they do something egregiously wrong because it would effect their ability to play their sport.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #3496 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:43 pm »
Canker sores. They suck so much.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3497 on: March 19, 2013, 10:16:48 pm »
I am annoyed that sports players get special privileges period. Special work out times? Special jackets?

Really?

They do not need nor deserve any of that.

I'm not the only one who feels this way?  Praise the sun!  Always felt like a freak in school, because it seemed like everyone and their aunts treated sports players better than god damned war heroes.

Nope, you are not. It's especially shitty when other extracurricular activities get cut and ignored in favour of the football team getting new uniforms or whatever. There've also been accusations pretty well everywhere of members of the various teams having their grades fudged so they can maintain the GPA required to play, even when they're unequivocally failing HARD. Or they're not punished when they do something egregiously wrong because it would effect their ability to play their sport.
What else do you expect from a culture that openly mocks intellect?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3498 on: March 19, 2013, 11:01:58 pm »
The marching band used the football field for practice once, and apparently there were patches of dead grass and mud after. This was a few weeks after football season ended, and the band was preparing for a competition. Well the coach thought that the band should pay for a BRAND NEW FUCKING FIELD. The principal was awesome though, and she told him basically that it would all be OK since "grass grows back".
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3499 on: March 19, 2013, 11:34:13 pm »
I somehow managed to erase my schedule off my ipod touch, I'm not going to fix it tonight, I'll wait to tomorrow when I have off.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3500 on: March 19, 2013, 11:56:34 pm »
So poeticmind0189 and I were in the college library earlier today.  We were being a bit loud-ish.  Some dude that's poetic's friend made a little rant about it on Facebook.

I really hate it when people can't take an issue up with someone in person and have to make a passive-aggresive FB post.  Actually, it's more than just something that personally annoys me.  I think people forget that other people can read your shit on Facebook.  You should think about what you say.  Seriously, people have gotten FIRED for bitching about stuff on FB.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Saturn500

« Reply #3501 on: March 20, 2013, 07:53:54 pm »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50780571&postcount=5100

In case the post doesn't show up, CAVE's games sold horribly in the West, so Rising Star Games won't be localizing them anymore.

Meanwhile, The War Z actually sold copies.

What's wrong with this picture?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3502 on: March 20, 2013, 09:44:42 pm »
The smell of cat shit. Good god that's vile.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3503 on: March 20, 2013, 08:23:55 pm »
The two posts above this one are strangely appropriate together.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #3504 on: March 20, 2013, 08:36:47 pm »
I was sitting in the cafeteria a few hours ago having a quick apple before I went to the gym, and it started hailing. This girl walked up, looked out the window, and sighed. She didn't have a coat or anything, so I said, "Hey, are you heading out there? Here, you can borrow my jacket. When the weather clears up, just bring it by Villa and tell them it's for David."

She looked at me weird and went, "Um, I've got a boyfriend, thanks."

"That's nice. Do you want the jacket or not?"

It saddens me that politeness has become so vanishingly rare people now mistake it for flirtation.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3505 on: March 20, 2013, 09:33:35 pm »
So did she take the Jacket?

My response would have been: "I am just trying to be polite princess. Surprisingly not every guy wants to fuck you, despite what you've read in Cosmo"

Or "Just being polite, because let's face it you're the ugly friend"  -(works especially well if she is in fact smoking hot)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #3506 on: March 20, 2013, 10:00:26 pm »

My response would have been: "I am just trying to be polite princess. Surprisingly not every guy wants to fuck you, despite what you've read in Cosmo"

Or "Just being polite, because let's face it you're the ugly friend"  -(works especially well if she is in fact smoking hot)

Nope, she rolled her eyes and walked out in the rain. I'm sure her friends are being treated to the story of the creepy guy who totally tried to hit on her even though she has a boyfriend.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3507 on: March 20, 2013, 10:16:32 pm »
Well you shouldnt be so creepy- and after all how could you not tell she had a boyfriend. I mean she was wearing her chastity belt and everything.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3508 on: March 21, 2013, 06:20:31 pm »

Nope, she rolled her eyes and walked out in the rain. I'm sure her friends are being treated to the story of the creepy guy who totally tried to hit on her even though she has a boyfriend.

The fuck?  ...Some people got fucking problems, and they ain't me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #3509 on: March 21, 2013, 06:28:25 pm »
I'm currently in the middle of one of the stupidest wiki edit wars I've ever seen.  I was browsing the page for a Japanese movie and noticed that it had one of the characters' names spelled wrong, so I fixed it.  A moderator quickly reverted it, saying that the misspelling was correct.  I pointed out how the name was spelled in the official subtitles and credits.  He claimed the official subtitles are "irrelevant" because they're "spelling the name in Japanese", and that "If the English viewers think his name is spelled this way, then it's spelled this way", and pointed out that his spelling came from IMDb, therefore it has to be right.

This is truthiness in action, folks.