Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069118 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3915 on: May 15, 2013, 12:04:21 am »
I'm trying to use the NCBI site to generate a distance tree of results for this genome. Buuuuuut, the teacher wants the tree collapsed to a degree, and the javascript is so broken on the NCBI site that it doesnt allow you to collapse, its a piece of shit
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3916 on: May 15, 2013, 08:43:14 am »
Word.   I hate it when broken crap doesn't live up to what you want to use it for.   Then you just have to work as best you can with what you have.   Reminds me of when I had to do some photomanipulation using Corel Photo Paint.   Think of it as Photoshop, but with only 10% of the usefulness. 
Truth be told though I've always had sort of a gift of working at least decently with crappy stuff.   Comes from being po'.
EDIT:  Coming from the other thread I recently posted in; maybe that's why I liked Classic Doctor Who so much.  It's a perfect example of trying your best with what you have.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:46:58 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3917 on: May 15, 2013, 11:52:10 am »
My prescription was supposed to contain 60 pills, but it only had 30. I went to the drug store and explained this to the pharmacist, and he turned around and dumped 30 more pills in the bottle. I'm glad there was no hassle, but is it really that easy to obtain more pills? I'll never abuse prescription drugs, but if that's the standard procedure for such a thing, then it's pretty freaking easy for other people to abuse them.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3918 on: May 15, 2013, 11:58:58 am »
My prescription was supposed to contain 60 pills, but it only had 30. I went to the drug store and explained this to the pharmacist, and he turned around and dumped 30 more pills in the bottle. I'm glad there was no hassle, but is it really that easy to obtain more pills? I'll never abuse prescription drugs, but if that's the standard procedure for such a thing, then it's pretty freaking easy for other people to abuse them.

It's probably not, but you happened to find someone who didn't feel like dealing with procedure. Many, many cases of apparent "corruption" or "bad systems" are just people who don't want to deal with the hassle of paperwork and checking things out properly.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3919 on: May 15, 2013, 02:09:35 pm »
Does the postal service have to put that sticker right on where the address is, so when you take the sticker off it takes off the address?? Seriously, I just want to return this thing.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3920 on: May 15, 2013, 10:09:53 pm »
Some random asshole at uni kicked my chair out from under me and spat on me.

I thought it would have been a classmate, I have no freakin clue who this motherfucker is
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3921 on: May 16, 2013, 04:23:13 pm »

I know that it's hardly any fuss to get that sort of service from the base hospital. It might have to do with how long ago you picked up the prescription.

One thing I do now is count my pills when my dad picks them up that way I can turn around and go 'hey, you stiffed me ___'. Because one time I was short about 10 of my daily chronic pain meds.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3922 on: May 16, 2013, 09:48:07 pm »
All the trouble I go through in putting screen protectors on my ipod touch.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3923 on: May 16, 2013, 11:33:21 pm »
So for about three weeks in June I have summer school...again, It's like I can't escape this place even on my fucking off time.

*Edit Also my house for the last month or so had a gas leak that I was breathing in and didn't know.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:37:13 pm by ليليث »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3924 on: May 17, 2013, 12:06:39 am »
*Edit Also my house for the last month or so had a gas leak that I was breathing in and didn't know.

Pray that it gives you superpowers.

And that none of them are "super cancer."
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3925 on: May 17, 2013, 10:38:21 am »
This damn network has a two hour time-limit. I keep having to log in every two hours.

I'm in-patient. I'm not going anywhere after only two hours. Stop that. I want to watch Doctor Who.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3926 on: May 17, 2013, 10:46:12 am »
This damn network has a two hour time-limit. I keep having to log in every two hours.

I'm in-patient. I'm not going anywhere after only two hours. Stop that. I want to watch Doctor Who.
That's always fun. A while back the uni network went down and the backup would want you to log in again every 40 minutes. Boy, was that a fucking barrel of laughs.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:05:55 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3927 on: May 17, 2013, 10:53:21 am »
Eugh. 40 minutes. I mean, I get it. First world problem and all but it's kind of ridiculous to have a time limit especially when you can just hop right back on like 5 seconds later. What's the point? Hope it becomes too much of a hassle for leechers?

&

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3928 on: May 17, 2013, 11:05:35 am »
The only reason I can think of is to discourage you from using it any more than you have to, or at the very least make sure you go back to the main network once it's sorted. I'm probably wrong though, since I know fuck all about this sort of thing.

Distind

« Reply #3929 on: May 17, 2013, 11:42:19 am »
Going of dealing a network at work, it's almost certainly to stop torrenters from just leaving it on and killing their bandwidth.