Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2077060 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4155 on: June 16, 2013, 03:55:01 pm »
I know it's been awhile, but how they moved the reblogging, edit, and liking functions to the bottom, really annoys me. Also I went to a nearby cemetery today, and someone actually placed a Ron Paul sign on someone's grave. If someone ever did that to my grave, even if I did support him, my corpse would reanimate and I'll go and smack them upside their heads. Sorry, but placing political sign on someone's grave seems to be tacky and in bad taste.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4156 on: June 16, 2013, 04:52:56 pm »
My first day back from vacation, and I had trouble with one of my breads.  Apparently, it didn't expand, even though I used yeast.  I remixed it and tried again, but again it didn't move.  I tried a third time, figuring if it didn't work this time, if must be the flour.  Well third time was the charm as it looked perfect before going into the oven.

Then I got back from lunch and found out my coworker burned it all.  FYI there was no fourth batch!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4157 on: June 16, 2013, 06:51:34 pm »
I know it's been awhile, but how they moved the reblogging, edit, and liking functions to the bottom, really annoys me. Also I went to a nearby cemetery today, and someone actually placed a Ron Paul sign on someone's grave. If someone ever did that to my grave, even if I did support him, my corpse would reanimate and I'll go and smack them upside their heads. Sorry, but placing political sign on someone's grave seems to be tacky and in bad taste.

Agreed. On both counts.

On the tumblr thing tho at least it means if you're reading a long post and want to reblog it you don't have to scroll back up.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #4158 on: June 16, 2013, 08:34:56 pm »
Queen (the band) annoys me a lot more than it should. I always have to change radio stations if a song of theirs is playing.

The band or not, you're dead to me... for like the 5th time :-\

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4159 on: June 17, 2013, 07:14:51 pm »
Queen (the band) annoys me a lot more than it should. I always have to change radio stations if a song of theirs is playing.

The band or not, you're dead to me... for like the 5th time :-\

If I hadn't specified that I was referencing the band in that post, I'd probably be dead to you a lot more times.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4160 on: June 17, 2013, 07:53:25 pm »
So I was at Sears the other day with someone because we were killing some time before going somewhere that was nearby to the store.  I wound up buying a pair of shorts and the person I was with bought a pair of jeans.  So we go to checkout and there's this hispanic family (yes this is important to the story) in the middle of checking out at the only currently open register at the time in that area of the store.  The kid working the register is this real timid feminine kid (I'm guessing in his late teens?).

So the person I'm with gets in line behind the family, and I get in line behind him.  The family is taking a little while because they're returning a few things, and then doing another transaction to get a gift receipt for something else, not that either of us really cared.  While we're waiting this middle aged guy dressed in a button up shirt with his gold chain showing throws some stuff down on the counter on the other side.  WHILE the cashier is still ringing up the family, he starts asking the cashier questions about the shoes he wants to return and the shirts he wants to exchange.  Then he stands there while the cashier starts to finish ringing up the family.

While he's waiting, his phone rings.  He's being a complete pig while talking on the phone.  Burping, scratching himself, talking OBNOXIOUSLY loud.  Then he tells the person on the other end that he's trying to exchange some stuff but is stuck in line, and I QUOTE, "because of these freaking Puerto Ricans trying to get 10% off of a fucking 10 dollar purchase".  I opened my mouth to say something, but decided to just ignore him since he didn't deserve even my negative attention.

Well, the family finishes up and leaves, and by this time, there's even ANOTHER person in line behind me.  Now the person I'm with starts getting rung up, because it's BLATANTLY obvious that he's next in line.  The guy then starts yelling at this poor cashier, asking why he "skipped" him.  The person I'm with pipes up with "Um, you do realize there's a line?", to which he responds "Well I started a new line. I've got places to go.  I'm a rolling stone."

At that point he's really starting to get on my nerves.  So he sits there scowling for a bit, and then starts getting his stuff ready to scan.  Then since I'm next in line I start getting rung up.  At this point he slams his stuff down and starts basically having a hissy fit.  By then I couldn't stay quiet any longer.  So I looked over and told him that maybe if he wasn't such an impatient loudmouth racist asshole and actually got in line, that he might actually get rung up.

His response?  He threw his shirts, both the ones he was returning and the ones he wanted across to the other part of the counter, and stormed away stomping with the shoes, giving all of us dirty looks as he left.  The cashier apologized and we told him he did nothing wrong.  I even told him about how I'm a retail manager, and told him that I was actually very impressed with the way he handled that guy and how he kept his cool.  I don't know what happened after that because we had to leave, but I felt like standing near there looking at other stuff.  Why?  With that guy I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he complained to a manager and started completely making shit up.  I just hope that kid didn't get any more problems from that asshole.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4161 on: June 17, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »
Submit that story to notalwaysright.com.

wrightway

« Reply #4162 on: June 17, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »
Did he seriously say "I'm a rolling stone" like a hipster douche? Seconding ironbite and adding that I would call the store and sing this kid's praises.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4163 on: June 17, 2013, 08:24:45 pm »
Did he seriously say "I'm a rolling stone" like a hipster douche? Seconding ironbite and adding that I would call the store and sing this kid's praises.

Yes, he really DID say that.

Also, I would call the store, but I can't remember the kid's name for the life of me. :/

Though they could probably figure out by the department and when it was.  I just might do that actually.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4164 on: June 17, 2013, 09:05:44 pm »
Were there security cameras that view the check-out stations?  If so, then I'd think that security footage would show that the guy was trying to use the wrong side of the aisle. 

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4165 on: June 17, 2013, 10:15:47 pm »

Agreed. On both counts.

On the tumblr thing tho at least it means if you're reading a long post and want to reblog it you don't have to scroll back up.

I actually like the new Tumblr edit for that very reason, at least for the dashboard. It would have been better to leave the buttons on top in the queue. Reordering posts is a bit of a pain in the ass with the new system.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4166 on: June 17, 2013, 10:20:22 pm »
<---- Is still reblogging from the top.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4167 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:26 pm »
I really don't care what Tumbler does nor what any website except maybe here and YouTube do other than that I give zero fucks.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4168 on: June 17, 2013, 11:54:43 pm »
So I was at Sears the other day with someone because we were killing some time before going somewhere that was nearby to the store.  I wound up buying a pair of shorts and the person I was with bought a pair of jeans.  So we go to checkout and there's this hispanic family (yes this is important to the story) in the middle of checking out at the only currently open register at the time in that area of the store.  The kid working the register is this real timid feminine kid (I'm guessing in his late teens?).

So the person I'm with gets in line behind the family, and I get in line behind him.  The family is taking a little while because they're returning a few things, and then doing another transaction to get a gift receipt for something else, not that either of us really cared.  While we're waiting this middle aged guy dressed in a button up shirt with his gold chain showing throws some stuff down on the counter on the other side.  WHILE the cashier is still ringing up the family, he starts asking the cashier questions about the shoes he wants to return and the shirts he wants to exchange.  Then he stands there while the cashier starts to finish ringing up the family.

While he's waiting, his phone rings.  He's being a complete pig while talking on the phone.  Burping, scratching himself, talking OBNOXIOUSLY loud.  Then he tells the person on the other end that he's trying to exchange some stuff but is stuck in line, and I QUOTE, "because of these freaking Puerto Ricans trying to get 10% off of a fucking 10 dollar purchase".  I opened my mouth to say something, but decided to just ignore him since he didn't deserve even my negative attention.

Well, the family finishes up and leaves, and by this time, there's even ANOTHER person in line behind me.  Now the person I'm with starts getting rung up, because it's BLATANTLY obvious that he's next in line.  The guy then starts yelling at this poor cashier, asking why he "skipped" him.  The person I'm with pipes up with "Um, you do realize there's a line?", to which he responds "Well I started a new line. I've got places to go.  I'm a rolling stone."

At that point he's really starting to get on my nerves.  So he sits there scowling for a bit, and then starts getting his stuff ready to scan.  Then since I'm next in line I start getting rung up.  At this point he slams his stuff down and starts basically having a hissy fit.  By then I couldn't stay quiet any longer.  So I looked over and told him that maybe if he wasn't such an impatient loudmouth racist asshole and actually got in line, that he might actually get rung up.

His response?  He threw his shirts, both the ones he was returning and the ones he wanted across to the other part of the counter, and stormed away stomping with the shoes, giving all of us dirty looks as he left.  The cashier apologized and we told him he did nothing wrong.  I even told him about how I'm a retail manager, and told him that I was actually very impressed with the way he handled that guy and how he kept his cool.  I don't know what happened after that because we had to leave, but I felt like standing near there looking at other stuff.  Why?  With that guy I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he complained to a manager and started completely making shit up.  I just hope that kid didn't get any more problems from that asshole.

There's a special place in hell for people like that, I know first hand what that kid was going through, I've been on the receiving end of similar stuff.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4169 on: June 18, 2013, 09:14:51 am »
verb тянуть

pull, draw, haul, drag
lay a cable
draw a wire
drawl, drag out speak slowly
drag out, delay, protract, procrastinate
make go, force to go
weigh
draw up
squeeze, extort
long for

I hate this verb...
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.