Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071376 times)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4425 on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:28 pm »
While this won't happen until tomorrow I'm complaining about it right now I hate Atlanta International, I hate this airport so fucking much for one reason and one reason only It makes you pay to use the fucking internet what airport does that!

Well, at least it doesn't make you pay to use the toilets. I'm sure that would be even worse.

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #4426 on: July 17, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »
While this won't happen until tomorrow I'm complaining about it right now I hate Atlanta International, I hate this airport so fucking much for one reason and one reason only It makes you pay to use the fucking internet what airport does that!

Well, at least it doesn't make you pay to use the toilets. I'm sure that would be even worse.

Then you're legally justified to pee on them. The SCOTUS said it, trust me.
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4427 on: July 17, 2013, 08:13:56 pm »
My internet keeps going on and off and it's very irritating when I'm trying to roleplay.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4428 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:54 pm »
My internet keeps going on and off and it's very irritating when I'm trying to roleplay.

I'm having a similar problem. My wi-fi is perfectly fine (I'm still using it on my phone right now no problem), but my computer can barely connect to it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4429 on: July 18, 2013, 03:07:19 am »
When trying to listen to how a sentence is said in a foreign movie for the purpose of learning a language, and the english subtitles are very approximate instead of literal.

For instance, watching some russian film. Character said "eto plokhie novosti" which translates to "this is bad news", but the english sub gave it as "I have very bad news"

Just dont like bad subtitling in general >.>
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4430 on: July 18, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »
When trying to listen to how a sentence is said in a foreign movie for the purpose of learning a language, and the english subtitles are very approximate instead of literal...

Sometimes that's actually more acurate in a way, as the literal translation is often not how English speakers would actually say something in a normal everyday conversation (and I'm not talking about the order of the words in a sentence).

Although in your example that doesn't seem to apply.  I wonder why they translated it that way?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4431 on: July 19, 2013, 02:45:43 am »
I have to be up by 6am tomorrow, and I can't sleep. :|
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #4432 on: July 19, 2013, 03:51:26 am »
I hate needing to pee again for some reason as soon as I walk out of the bathroom. My bladder conspires against me.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #4433 on: July 19, 2013, 05:49:36 am »
I hate needing to pee again for some reason as soon as I walk out of the bathroom. My bladder conspires against me.

I so know the feeling. I take spironolactone, a testosterone blocker, which also happens to be a rather potent diuretic. I've lost count how often I go to the bathroom and then need to go either as soon as I finish or 30 minutes later. Especially so if I drink caffiene.

Distind

« Reply #4434 on: July 19, 2013, 06:22:03 am »
Could be worse, could be a layover in jersey. You cannot go from one wing of the jersey airport to another without going through security, so if you've got two hours I hope you want to eat something from the one they dumped you in.

Now I have the urge to rag on jersey some more, but I get the feeling implying that the 'stronger than the storm' campaign is only possible because the storm felt it was to classy for jersey and left would be a tad over the line. Bonus points, my dad's getting married down there within the month.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4435 on: July 19, 2013, 06:27:39 am »
Could be worse, could be a layover in jersey. You cannot go from one wing of the jersey airport to another without going through security, so if you've got two hours I hope you want to eat something from the one they dumped you in.

Now I have the urge to rag on jersey some more, but I get the feeling implying that the 'stronger than the storm' campaign is only possible because the storm felt it was to classy for jersey and left would be a tad over the line. Bonus points, my dad's getting married down there within the month.

Nah, I've spent enough time in the GOOD part of New Jersey to not like it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4436 on: July 19, 2013, 06:56:45 am »
This flying talk is reminding me of the dodgy travel agent my aunt booked our holiday to Malta with.

They advertised the flights as being from Gatwick, and then after my aunt paid she was told that the flights weren't direct and that there was an eight hour stopover in Barcelona.

Its only a 3hr flight to Malta from London, so why the fuck they are arranging a package holiday with indirect flights is a complete mystery to me. Especially when we later found out that Easyjet flies there from Gatwick.

She ended up having to pay them extra to change the flights to early morning Stansted ones, which is a pain in the arse to get to, and we had to go up there the night before and stay near the airport.

They also told her that we had to be at the airport three hours before our flight. We got there at 3am, but the checked baggage didn't end up opening till 4am.

It wasn't announced before then where we had to go either, so we couldn't even get in the queue. We were just standing around for a fucking hour for just no reason.

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #4437 on: July 19, 2013, 09:01:29 am »

I so know the feeling. I take spironolactone, a testosterone blocker, which also happens to be a rather potent diuretic. I've lost count how often I go to the bathroom and then need to go either as soon as I finish or 30 minutes later. Especially so if I drink caffiene.

I think my record was 8 times in one evening.
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4438 on: July 19, 2013, 09:15:20 am »
I hate the seeming random nature of clothing sizes.  I have two pairs of identical jeans bought as near the same time as makes no difference.  They're the same "line" from the same brand bought in the same chain of clothes shops.  They are indentical, except for the fact that one  that one pair is slightly too big and the other pair is slightly too small despite supposedly both being the exact same size.  How the fuck does that even happen with modern, precision machine mass production??
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:17:15 am by Katsuro »

wrightway

« Reply #4439 on: July 19, 2013, 10:24:40 am »

I think my record was 8 times in one evening.

I know you guys have it worse since my issue will be over in December. That said, try three times during a 25 minute phone call.