Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074221 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5715 on: October 16, 2013, 12:50:32 am »
No, I mean the words "you're doing nothing but sitting on your ass and watching Firefly" actually came out of my mother's mouth. I was quoting her, not anyone one the forum. It was a formatting mistake on my part.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #5716 on: October 16, 2013, 12:51:22 am »
Judicial Watch needs to stop sending me their crackpot anti-Obama letters. The thing is, I can't write a gracious "fuck off" to them since they require you purchase postage to send their own reply letters to them.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5717 on: October 16, 2013, 12:54:48 am »
Judicial Watch needs to stop sending me their crackpot anti-Obama letters. The thing is, I can't write a gracious "fuck off" to them since they require you purchase postage to send their own reply letters to them.
Then aren't they wasting their money by sending the junkmail to you at the moment? Or are those delivered by hand?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #5718 on: October 16, 2013, 01:00:02 am »
Then aren't they wasting their money by sending the junkmail to you at the moment? Or are those delivered by hand?
It's sent via USPS. They have increased the amount of conservative crackpot letters since my dad passed Senior Citizen age. And they all beg for money. It's like their trying the milk the doe out of the elderly by pandering fear to them.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5719 on: October 16, 2013, 01:02:48 am »
My laptop has been shittier than usual lately, so today I ran avast! to look for viruses.  Before it even reached 1%, it found 21 infected files.  Then it got interrupted by Windows Update, after which I ran a boot scan and am now running a full scan.  The boot scan found nothing, and the full scan hasn't found anything yet at 5% despite finding errors at 0% before the update.  Could it be that the infected files it found before the update were out-of-date files that weren't working?

Laptop is still running like crap, btw.  It froze to the point of hard reset twice today, and I'm worried it'll do it again.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5720 on: October 16, 2013, 07:44:40 am »
Youtube. For some weird reason, occasionally a specific video will end prematurely at a specific time every time I try to watch it (currently, a 24 minute video will just end 42 seconds in every time), and skipping past the proverbial end point just ends the video instantly. I've tried clearing my cache, deleting cookies and even rebooting my computer to empty the RAM, using other browsers and yet nothing helps. The only halfway plausible cause that my Google-fu has turned up is that it's supposedly a server issue on Youtube's end, and all I can do is wait a day or so for them to get their shit together.

Thankfully it doesn't happen very often, but it's still goddamn infuriating when it does.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5721 on: October 16, 2013, 08:06:36 am »
Youtube. For some weird reason, occasionally a specific video will end prematurely at a specific time every time I try to watch it (currently, a 24 minute video will just end 42 seconds in every time), and skipping past the proverbial end point just ends the video instantly. I've tried clearing my cache, deleting cookies and even rebooting my computer to empty the RAM, using other browsers and yet nothing helps. The only halfway plausible cause that my Google-fu has turned up is that it's supposedly a server issue on Youtube's end, and all I can do is wait a day or so for them to get their shit together.

Thankfully it doesn't happen very often, but it's still goddamn infuriating when it does.

What browser are you using? Youtube Center is a good plugin that fixed a few problems for me, specifically forcing videos to buffer all the way instead of stopping at random points. might work for you.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5722 on: October 16, 2013, 08:18:00 am »

What browser are you using? Youtube Center is a good plugin that fixed a few problems for me, specifically forcing videos to buffer all the way instead of stopping at random points. might work for you.

Firefox. Same thing happens with Chrome and Internet Explorer as well. I suppose I might have to go plugin hunting if this doesn't fix itself in the near future.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5723 on: October 16, 2013, 09:41:55 am »
So, I came home last night and decided I'd bring out the coffee machine so I can prep it for use today.  GUESS WHAT?

Someone, I have NO idea who, has taken it upon themselves to completely remove the coffee machine from the fucking house.  I went so far as to search both fucking bathrooms and the GARAGE to find it, to no avail.  The only other coffee maker in the house is a fucking Keurig-based thing that ONLY takes those fucking K-Cup things, not a regular old paper coffee filter and coffee.

I left a note on our little dry-erase board asking where it went, because that seriously pisses me off.  I spent about an hour or so cleaning that thing with boiling water and dish soap.  Why?  Because, before I got to it, someone had neglected it for SO LONG, and left a used coffee filter in it no less, that it'd grown mold.  I disinfected every bit of that thing that I reasonably could without harming the electronics inside.  I made sure that every living thing inside it was fucking dead, and then a day or so afterward, made the BEST coffee I'd had in a long time.

I just want my coffee.  But, NO.  Someone had to be an asshole and remove a coffee pot that had been obviously and meticulously cleaned for seemingly no god damned reason whatsoever.  If I have to get my own coffee maker, I'm gonna be pissed.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5724 on: October 16, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »

The same thing happens to me. The only thing I can do is attempt to watch it again later and see if it's done being a cunt.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5725 on: October 18, 2013, 01:04:24 am »

The same thing happens to me. The only thing I can do is attempt to watch it again later and see if it's done being a cunt.
Aren't dicks usually the ones that finish prematurely?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #5726 on: October 18, 2013, 02:53:42 pm »
So, I came home last night and decided I'd bring out the coffee machine so I can prep it for use today.  GUESS WHAT?

Someone, I have NO idea who, has taken it upon themselves to completely remove the coffee machine from the fucking house.  I went so far as to search both fucking bathrooms and the GARAGE to find it, to no avail.  The only other coffee maker in the house is a fucking Keurig-based thing that ONLY takes those fucking K-Cup things, not a regular old paper coffee filter and coffee.

I left a note on our little dry-erase board asking where it went, because that seriously pisses me off.  I spent about an hour or so cleaning that thing with boiling water and dish soap.  Why?  Because, before I got to it, someone had neglected it for SO LONG, and left a used coffee filter in it no less, that it'd grown mold.  I disinfected every bit of that thing that I reasonably could without harming the electronics inside.  I made sure that every living thing inside it was fucking dead, and then a day or so afterward, made the BEST coffee I'd had in a long time.

I just want my coffee.  But, NO.  Someone had to be an asshole and remove a coffee pot that had been obviously and meticulously cleaned for seemingly no god damned reason whatsoever.  If I have to get my own coffee maker, I'm gonna be pissed.

Keurigs should have a little gray cup, too.  It acts like a filter if you just scoop your coffee into that and use it where the K-Cups go.  At least then you'll still have your preferred roast.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #5727 on: October 18, 2013, 03:13:50 pm »

I know money might be tight, but a five cup Mr. Coffee costs about fifteen bucks.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5728 on: October 18, 2013, 04:16:09 pm »

I know money might be tight, but a five cup Mr. Coffee costs about fifteen bucks.

That's exactly what we bought AW SHIT
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5729 on: October 18, 2013, 04:18:29 pm »
Do a booty dance?