Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071444 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6330 on: December 13, 2013, 12:38:39 pm »
My friend is going to lose his health insurance in Jan because he can't afford it (along with his medication).  Also, he doesn't qualify for Medicade because our wonderful governor decided to make it optional.  I'm trying to figure out what he can do, if anything, since Macdonalds where he works only offers it for PT workers.

Healthcare.gov is up and running. Since FL opted out of having a health insurance exchange, he will have to research for a policy on that Federal site. Since his income sounds very low, he should be able to get a better policy for less than he's paying now. If his total household income is less than 140% of the poverty rate and they have kids, he can in fact get Medicaid. FL opted out of expanding the income limits to qualify for Medicaid - they could not block people from applying for it if they are qualified by low income according to the old standards.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6331 on: December 13, 2013, 03:30:15 pm »
Thanks for the info.  He makes min wage at Macdonalds, is single, and has no kids (He lives with his sister and they split the bills).  He said he tried Medicaid, but they said he didn't qualify, but i'll send him the other site.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6332 on: December 13, 2013, 10:08:39 pm »
I got a hole in one of my contacts while it was on my eye. It's my last pair and it'll be about a week before my next set come in.

And I can't wear my glasses, because my prescription changed and I can barely see properly with them.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6333 on: December 16, 2013, 07:53:28 pm »
Why does it have to be "The Hero Gets the Girl"?  Why can't it be "The Girl gets the Hero"?  (Turnabout is fair play after all)

Why aren't there any buff females in fantasy games outside of maybe Dragon's Crown?  (which otherwise takes the sexist tropes to hilariously over the top levels that border on parody, what with the classic D&D campaign feel)  What if I want a Barbarian is a lady who swings around around a warhammer made out of an eldritch material?  She should have frigging muscles!

Stupid "women are pretty first, functional last" designers.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6334 on: December 16, 2013, 07:56:10 pm »
Why not the female hero gets the girl?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6335 on: December 16, 2013, 08:01:40 pm »
Never got the restrictions, myself...I mean, from a purely logical standpoint of the amount of work required to achieve the task, having restrictions on in-game romance would mean one extra check.  Yeah, not having it might mean extra dialogue being made, but when it comes to the code itself, it'd take more to be exclusionary.

Besides, they did it with the Bath House in Ultima VII Part I...in 1992.  You'd think that, after over 20 years, there would be a game that'd do it outside Fable.  Then again, this is only to the best of my knowledge, so take that into consideration.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6336 on: December 16, 2013, 08:03:10 pm »
Why not the female hero gets the girl?

Well I didn't say "Male Hero", did I? ;D

Though I did mean male Hero because that's how the media uses it.  Damn you systematic misogyny, and damn me for not being careful enough!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6337 on: December 16, 2013, 08:08:21 pm »
Never got the restrictions, myself...I mean, from a purely logical standpoint of the amount of work required to achieve the task, having restrictions on in-game romance would mean one extra check.  Yeah, not having it might mean extra dialogue being made, but when it comes to the code itself, it'd take more to be exclusionary.

Besides, they did it with the Bath House in Ultima VII Part I...in 1992.  You'd think that, after over 20 years, there would be a game that'd do it outside Fable.  Then again, this is only to the best of my knowledge, so take that into consideration.

It's funny that you mention that one extra check because that is how people 'unlock' the romances that are not available to the sex/gender you're playing as. At least that's how it is done for Mass Effect. And the dialogue doesn't necessarily need to change because it fits either way. You just end up not having actual audio for the player character during romance scenes. And Dragon Age made it so that every romanceable character is bisexual.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6338 on: December 16, 2013, 08:16:16 pm »
Dragon Age 2, specifically.

Dragon Age: Origins, your only bisexual options are the bard Leliana and the assassin Zevran.  Zevran being a Depraved Bisexual stereotype with some elements of deconstruction.

And then there's Leliana, the ex-nun who was once a spy.

...And then there's the bisexual pirate captain who manages to hold a foursome without coming across as a Depraved Bisexual.

I'm upset about the lack of quality gay male options that Dragon Age: Origins has :( and I think Dragon Age 2 is probably one of the most underrated games out there, and I hate the mindless bashing it gets.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6339 on: December 16, 2013, 08:37:14 pm »

It's funny that you mention that one extra check because that is how people 'unlock' the romances that are not available to the sex/gender you're playing as. At least that's how it is done for Mass Effect. And the dialogue doesn't necessarily need to change because it fits either way. You just end up not having actual audio for the player character during romance scenes. And Dragon Age made it so that every romanceable character is bisexual.

HA, I'm hardly surprised.  Its all a matter of finding the right instruction and replacing JNZ (jump-if-not-zero) with JMP (unconditional jump), and making sure the jumped-to address is the proper one.  That's assuming such a thing is controlled by compiled binary code and not game scripts.  I know, I oversimplified it, but the basic idea is much the same.  Aah, the things you learn when trying to learn how to crack games.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6340 on: December 17, 2013, 03:59:59 pm »
The resurgence of hostility towards feminism on the internet.

I wish it was just towards the "SJW" types, but it's towards anyone who identifies as a feminist.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6341 on: December 17, 2013, 04:02:01 pm »
I wrote a whole rant about something that happened in the Star Wars community this morning then just went and deleted it cause I'm in that stage of my depression where I feel like nothing I say matters and people are annoyed by me talking about something I'm passionate about to begin with. :/

&

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6342 on: December 17, 2013, 04:17:46 pm »
I feel that way a lot too.   I think that all I am is just an annoyance going around spouting stuff nobody cares about anyway.  I often believe that there really is no point of me even existing at times.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6343 on: December 17, 2013, 08:02:36 pm »
I feel that way a lot too.   I think that all I am is just an annoyance going around spouting stuff nobody cares about anyway.  I often believe that there really is no point of me even existing at times.

Whenever I feel that way, I try to remember that at least the NSA wants to listen to me.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #6344 on: December 17, 2013, 08:12:58 pm »
Yeah, I feel that way a lot, too... it's part of why I've had such a hard time writing anything for the last little bit, and why I very rarely post here.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!