Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2077039 times)

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7335 on: May 10, 2014, 11:35:24 pm »
My job requires all-black shoes. My only pair of all-black shoes was very old and after five weeks have holes in the soles and are badly worn through, so I'm essentially standing on the floor and it's extremely painful. Not to mention a bit gross. I brought them in to work to show them, hey, look, I can't wear these, and I don't have any money to get new ones. I wore black and white converse.

They told me to wear some guy's way-too-big shoes instead. I said that would be dangerous. They said wear your holey boots. I said they seriously aren't worth wearing anymore and hurt me. They told me to wear my boots but tape up the holes, and I pointed out that that won't stop me hurting. So they said to go buy new shoes. I have no money and can't afford it.

So they made me tape over my shoes with black duct tape (which looked like shit) and said they were writing me up.

When I got home I coloured the white parts black with a sharpie and if they give me crap about it tomorrow, they can fuck a cactus.

All this at a job where nobody sees my feet anyway.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7336 on: May 11, 2014, 09:10:43 am »
My job requires all-black shoes. My only pair of all-black shoes was very old and after five weeks have holes in the soles and are badly worn through, so I'm essentially standing on the floor and it's extremely painful. Not to mention a bit gross. I brought them in to work to show them, hey, look, I can't wear these, and I don't have any money to get new ones. I wore black and white converse.

They told me to wear some guy's way-too-big shoes instead. I said that would be dangerous. They said wear your holey boots. I said they seriously aren't worth wearing anymore and hurt me. They told me to wear my boots but tape up the holes, and I pointed out that that won't stop me hurting. So they said to go buy new shoes. I have no money and can't afford it.

So they made me tape over my shoes with black duct tape (which looked like shit) and said they were writing me up.

When I got home I coloured the white parts black with a sharpie and if they give me crap about it tomorrow, they can fuck a cactus.

I love the total disconnect! The management not offering an advance so you can buy shoes, on top of the total contempt inherent in the fact that they don't pay enough or schedule you enough hours to enable you to do basic things, like feed yourself AND buy shoes for the job. We've come full circle back to Dickensian levels of disdain for working class people.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7337 on: May 11, 2014, 10:49:45 am »

I love the total disconnect! The management not offering an advance so you can buy shoes, on top of the total contempt inherent in the fact that they don't pay enough or schedule you enough hours to enable you to do basic things, like feed yourself AND buy shoes for the job. We've come full circle back to Dickensian levels of disdain for working class people.

Some jobs in Europe that require a lot of walking and being on your feet actually come with a "shoe allowance" as part of the wage.  Whether or not it's a legal requirment I'm not sure but if it isn't then it's a rather common practice.

This issue once again makes me realise that Europe is a pretty fucking awesome place to work (at least comparativley anyway) and that somebody really needs to sort shit out across the atlantic.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7338 on: May 11, 2014, 10:52:18 am »
Star Wars fans instantly claiming that the franchise is ruined forever because Disney now holds the reins.

Not the good criticisms, either, but the worries that Star Wars Rebels won't be as dark as The Clone Wars, simply because it's Disney.

All I can think of is, have they even seen any Disney film?  Disney delves into some pretty dark shit, yo, even when they don't show blood.

Besides, Greg Weisman is involved.  I think the show will be just fine.

Whenever peple start talking that type of shit I like to point out that Pulp Fiction was, techncially, a Disney movie.  At the time, Disney owned the studio that made it (they later sold it).

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7339 on: May 11, 2014, 10:40:41 pm »
Mum wants me to pay her 5 dollars every time I take an online quiz for uni.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7340 on: May 11, 2014, 10:41:55 pm »
I can't wait to hear the reasoning behind this.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7341 on: May 11, 2014, 11:28:15 pm »
Compensation for me not being able to come when she calls me to go do something
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7342 on: May 11, 2014, 11:31:59 pm »
I can't connect to deviantART at all.  However, others can.

I've had connection problems with DA for the past couple of years, in fact, with images randomly refusing to load until I wait for like... half an hour before refreshing.

No one else I've talked to seems to have these problems, so I don't know what the fuck is going on.  Other sites load just fine.

EDIT:

Our local Taco Bell decided that, on a particular upcoming day, 40% of their proceeds will be donated to a Lutheran youth group so they can travel to another part of America to evangalize as "missionaries".

Also, there's some "God and America" bullshit on the walls now that wasn't there before.

I think Taco Bell got a new owner who is a fundie, maybe even a higher up of a local Lutheran church.  And local means Wisconsin Synod.

Welp, that's just another reason to stop eating there.  The biggest reason being that its food is just... not kind on digestion.  The only thing I like there are the churros, and I'll get those.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:54:27 pm by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #7343 on: May 12, 2014, 12:27:13 am »
I cannot figure out how to use Adobe Illustrator.  I managed to get the hang of Photoshop, but Illustrator completely eludes me.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7344 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:00 am »
Compensation for me not being able to come when she calls me to go do something

You guys should be on a reality show.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7345 on: May 12, 2014, 04:24:20 am »
Petty problems time!

Trying to find playthroughs on youtube that don't have fucking useless commentary over them, i.e. playthroughs that are just the game and nothing else.  I finally, finally found a playthrough of a questline from a game without commentary . . . until suddenly, on the eleventh video of the playthrough, he started doing commentary for no reason.  Oh wait, he probably started doing it because a single person in the comments of the seventh video said they would find it more entertaining with commentary and that he would probably get more views with commentary.  And I guess this because in the eighth video description, he apologizes for there being no commentary in videos 8, 9, and 10.  If he had just put commentary from the beginning, it would've been fine because I wouldn't have started watching the playthrough to begin with.  But to suddenly implement annoying commentary more than halfway through the playthrough is just a really jarring and dumb thing to do, in my opinion.  And that commentary that would have made the other videos sooo entertaining?  Yeah, just your standard "listen to me play this game in real time while I grunt, curse, and partake in *quote*snarky*unquote* banter".

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7346 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:59 am »
Another day another stupid comic floating around tumblr.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7347 on: May 14, 2014, 01:07:21 am »
Every time Dad comes home from work at around midnight, without fail, I experience an internet hiccup.

It's never the same time on the clock, but it is the time he comes home.

I'd almost think it was intentional sabotage, except my dad is tech stupid.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7348 on: May 14, 2014, 07:23:33 am »
Obviously, this means your dad is becoming Static Shock.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #7349 on: May 14, 2014, 12:41:47 pm »
I have a sinus infection, which I've never had before, and I'm hating every minute of it.  The whole side of my face throbs to the point where I want to tear it off.  Medicine doesn't help; I hope what the doctor perscribed works in the long run.  Also, lying down only makes me feel worse.  And the only things that work the best at getting rid of the pain are chocolate mint cookies.  Unfortunately, the sugar keeps me awake at night.  So either I'm awake in pain or awake from the sugar (Last night I got 1 hour of sleep).

I can't wait until this is over.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"