Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073702 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7905 on: September 01, 2014, 06:25:36 am »
I can understand disliking Forgotten Realms for being more generic high fantasy, but this guy seems to be a troll.  That is, of course, not to say that generic high fantasy is bad.  Eberron is one of the reasons I like DDO, the magitech is a nice change of pace.  Could use more Warlocks, though.

Nope, this guy's not a troll.  He's just not yet outgrown the egocentric portion of his childhood.

(Also, I tried to capture the essence of his posts, but I'm afraid I may have made him more legible than he normally is.)

He's also got this bug up his butt about the fact that gnomes aren't yet playable in DDO.

Despite the fact that Eberron Gnomes basically look like halflings (who look more like kender than actual halflings).

There's a classic optimization concerning gnomes (and even worse: whisper gnomes). It's called the gnome illusionist, due to the gnomes' latent tendency to create illusions. IIRC, some gnomes even have the prestidigitation spell as a spell-like ability, and they cast illusion spells at +1 caster level. Maybe he likes this? He sounds just like a grumpy wizard to me (ok, I confess, I hate wizards)...

His entire reason for pushing it is that it's a core race that hasn't been added yet.

Also, the illusion spell list in DDO is sorely lacking.

That's probably because it's way hard to balance out such powerful spells as "silent image", "invisibility", "silence", "illusory image", and shadow-walking in mmo's. I know that's the reason why chameleon was a great spell in morrowind but never made the cut anywhere else since. it was invisibility that was not disrupted by actions.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7906 on: September 01, 2014, 06:45:23 am »
Chameleon in Oblivion was pretty much as broken as Morrowind's Chameleon.

It wasn't until Skyrim removed it that it was fixed.  And the people whined about it, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7907 on: September 01, 2014, 07:00:37 am »
Chameleon in Oblivion was pretty much as broken as Morrowind's Chameleon.

It wasn't until Skyrim removed it that it was fixed.  And the people whined about it, too.

Seriously? chameleon existed in oblivion? I could never play it because my pc hates that game (yeah, after 16 bsods, I pretty sure my computer is sentient), and a trusted friend told me no way for chameleon. I guess I learn new things everyday. Back on topic to DnDO, I just don't see a spell like that being balanced enough for mmo's. The griefing, trolling, and PK-ing potential is way too obvious.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7908 on: September 01, 2014, 02:04:45 pm »
Well it looks like my old Xbox 360 has finally died, after eight years of use it's dead and now I have to replace it since It's out of warranty.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #7909 on: September 02, 2014, 02:21:47 am »
I have been on the receiving end of unending hatred from various friends because I've been messing with D&D 5th edition.

I almost forgot how stupid those fights could get.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7910 on: September 02, 2014, 02:34:10 am »
I have been on the receiving end of unending hatred from various friends because I've been messing with D&D 5th edition.

Oh GOD I hate those arguments.

If you don't like X or prefer some particular version of X... then say so but why on Earth do people bother to RAGE about it to others who like X? Can't you just agree that you have different preferences? And even if you are furious over something like that why take it out on the people who like X rather than the developers?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7911 on: September 02, 2014, 04:27:22 am »
FUCKING YOUTUBE!!!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7912 on: September 02, 2014, 04:36:08 am »
FUCKING YOUTUBE!!!

What did they do now?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7913 on: September 02, 2014, 07:33:30 am »
FUCKING YOUTUBE!!!

What did they do now?
I'm guessing it has something to do with the latest redesign.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #7914 on: September 02, 2014, 12:44:33 pm »
I miss the way YouTube looked in the first half of 2009.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7915 on: September 02, 2014, 01:03:49 pm »
I miss the way YouTube looked in the first half of 2009.

I MISS MY PARENTS!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7916 on: September 02, 2014, 01:06:12 pm »
Finnish People, christ-like christians, horny gay people who enjoy eating ass, and pagans.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7917 on: September 02, 2014, 01:46:50 pm »
Youtube just cannot load videos. They always stop, cease loading, or the video crashes.

Its seriously freaking annoying. I want to watch Young Turks, can I not keep SOME element of my normal life?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7918 on: September 02, 2014, 08:40:29 pm »
Finnish People, christ-like christians, horny gay people who enjoy eating ass, and pagans.
What do you have against Finns?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #7919 on: September 02, 2014, 08:45:07 pm »

Oh GOD I hate those arguments.

If you don't like X or prefer some particular version of X... then say so but why on Earth do people bother to RAGE about it to others who like X? Can't you just agree that you have different preferences? And even if you are furious over something like that why take it out on the people who like X rather than the developers?

The worst part about them is the hypocrisy. They used to be way big into 3.0/Pathfinder, fighting against 4 with all their might until they actually played it. They still bitched about it at first, but then agreed it was still fun to play. 5e is a lot closer to 3e than it is 4e, but for some reason they are insisting it is a complete game ruining version that can't possibly do anything right. I know they'll open up to it after a while, and probably enjoy it a lot more than they ever did with 4e. They're just the stereotype of a gamer that screams "they changed it therefore it sucks".

My only complaint about it is the lack of options in terms of monsters since the Monster Manual is still a bit away.