Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069031 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8610 on: March 02, 2015, 12:41:19 pm »
I swear, I'm getting pickier by the day.  I had chicken strips the other day (Tyson honey BBQ flavour) that were absolutely vile.  Normally, I can stomach bad food rather easily, mostly born from a life of occasionally having only a single, somewhat out-of-date, mustard packet for lunch, but my god, I damn near vomited.  I usually laugh when people are getting all vomity at bad, yet perfectly edible, food.  I'm getting to where I can't stand poor-quality (as in poor encoding quality) music, anymore.  What the fuck is going wrong with me, and how the hell do I stop it?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8611 on: March 02, 2015, 02:46:26 pm »
The Muse disease. There is no cure. I'm sorry.
Σא

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8612 on: March 02, 2015, 03:36:30 pm »
Apparently one of my ribs popped out of place and now the spot where the chiropractor put it back hurts like a bitch.

Ribs are usually self-splinting, as they're connected to each other by tough tissue.  If it doesn't feel any better soon, I have to suggest you go to a orthopedist.

I'm trying not to be biased, as I'm not a big fan of chiropractic therapy in general, but it's hard sometimes.

Between that and the chronic rash....is there a better type or alternative to your current binder? Seriously, you're getting symptoms a lot like Victorian era women got from their corsets. There's got to be something better of material that "breathes" and doesn't over-tighten when you're bending and moving around in general.
Not really, the one I've got is the one I'm stuck with till I've saved up for a new one. I'm too busty for any safe-ish DIY methods to work well (like the backwards-cami method, layered sports bras, or making one out of cloth). It's this, a parka, or ace bandages. If I'm out and about I can get away with three shirts and an oversized sweatshirt, but it's too warm for that to work at my job and my coworkers are used to seeing me with the binder on. (If one of your male coworkers "suddenly sprouted breasts", you'd notice.)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8613 on: March 02, 2015, 10:44:11 pm »
Well, crap. I celebrated too soon.

Remember that job offer I got a few days ago? Well, as it turns out, I'm supposed to start in two months. And you know what the average processing time is for an American to get a temporary Canadian work permit? THREE MONTHS. And I can't even start the application without a valid passport, which I applied for right after being interviewed and won't have for another two weeks at least.

I've asked about working without pay if I have to start before the paperwork catches up, but I'm still concerned that they'll pull the offer due to the delay and potential legal issues.

Stupid bureaucracy.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8614 on: March 02, 2015, 11:29:35 pm »
I swear, I'm getting pickier by the day.  I had chicken strips the other day (Tyson honey BBQ flavour) that were absolutely vile.  Normally, I can stomach bad food rather easily, mostly born from a life of occasionally having only a single, somewhat out-of-date, mustard packet for lunch, but my god, I damn near vomited.  I usually laugh when people are getting all vomity at bad, yet perfectly edible, food.  I'm getting to where I can't stand poor-quality (as in poor encoding quality) music, anymore.  What the fuck is going wrong with me, and how the hell do I stop it?
I get that too. Only a couple of years ago, I was perfectly happy to play games at 15-20fps, graphics settings at their absolute minimum and resolution at something ridiculous like 640x480. Nowadays, anything less than 30fps at 720p can fuck right off, I can't see that trend stopping, much less reversing, anytime soon.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8615 on: March 02, 2015, 11:41:29 pm »

You wanna see some "bad, yet perfectly edible" chicken?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVza_AnhQ3E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVza_AnhQ3E</a>

There were actually people in the comments arguing, saying that the chicken was "perfectly edible", and getting mad when people disagreed.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8616 on: March 03, 2015, 06:41:44 am »
I get that too. Only a couple of years ago, I was perfectly happy to play games at 15-20fps, graphics settings at their absolute minimum and resolution at something ridiculous like 640x480. Nowadays, anything less than 30fps at 720p can fuck right off, I can't see that trend stopping, much less reversing, anytime soon.

I'm still fine in that regard, lol.  If a game is fun, I can deal with occasional lag.  Though, I do enjoy a game a lot more when there isn't lag, lol.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8617 on: March 03, 2015, 10:26:22 am »
Whenever characters in sci-fi or fantasy say how humans don't notice weird things.

Excuse me? Humans will see someone's eyes look diffrent for a second and conclude lizards have infiltrated the goverment.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8618 on: March 04, 2015, 02:49:05 am »
I was going to comment on a thread on the Atheist Experience blog but this happened:

It would only make things awkward if I posted now. Not sure whether it's annoying or hilarious.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8619 on: March 04, 2015, 07:44:40 am »
I just bit my lip in the exact same spot a third time. This hurts like a motherfucker.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #8620 on: March 04, 2015, 03:40:26 pm »
Today there was a pretty bad wreck on one of the bridges here leading downtown.  Apparently, an electric car broke down (something wrong with the electric parts themselves, I think) and the car behind it slammed into him, killing an entire family. 

Although that is tragic, what annoys me is people here wasted zero time in blaming Obama, since the electric cars were his idea!  Not the idiotic driver flying down the road, not the company or mechanic that may have been negligent, and not the Republicans who fight every attempt at regulation (unless it has something to do with women).  No, it's automatically Obama's fault. 

Christ, this is getting on my last nerve.  I admit the guy's not perfect, but I'm so *************** sick of him getting blamed for everything and anything that goes wrong, especially when Republicans are 100% responsible (See ACA and Florida)!

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8621 on: March 04, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »
You have got to get outta Jax, friend. Big ole snarly redneck town. I hate that place.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #8622 on: March 04, 2015, 04:46:15 pm »
I'd love to, but I can't afford to move right now, and i'm not sure where I could move to.  Daytona sucks, Orlando is too expensive, and St. Augustine doesn't have any apts. in our range.  Our goal is to save up $ and move up north, though how far depends on my work.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8623 on: March 04, 2015, 05:28:45 pm »
Lovely, looks like another cold front's rearing it's head.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8624 on: March 04, 2015, 07:38:42 pm »
Got a cool new phone, and likely won't be able to use it until tomorrow because Virgin doesn't have 24-hour customer service.  At least my new tablet is really cool...