Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 567825 times)

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #675 on: March 10, 2012, 09:36:55 pm »
I didn't see the new episode yet( I was at work), but it by B-man's new avatar and the spoiler clip I can tell it's going to rock.
BTW, the blind bag mane 6 collection is complete, yesterday I got the Fluttershy I got on ebay, and today AppleJack came in the mail.

I can't help but think you probably paid way more for it than you had to collecting it that way. You can cheat to see which figured are in the bags, you know...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #676 on: March 10, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »
I didn't see the new episode yet( I was at work), but it by B-man's new avatar and the spoiler clip I can tell it's going to rock.
BTW, the blind bag mane 6 collection is complete, yesterday I got the Fluttershy I got on ebay, and today AppleJack came in the mail.

I can't help but think you probably paid way more for it than you had to collecting it that way. You can cheat to see which figured are in the bags, you know...

I know, but the thing is that none of the toy stores in my area stock the blind bag ponies except for that one time I happened upon Twilight Sparkle,Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Raindow Dash at the Christmas Tree Shop. I got those 4 for $2 each. I only got AppleJack & Fluttershy through ebay. I didn't have problem winning the AppleJack, but I had to buy the Fluttershy for a little more then I wanted to, but it was better than the crazy bidding that was going on for her.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #677 on: March 10, 2012, 10:02:39 pm »

I know, but the thing is that none of the toy stores in my area stock the blind bag ponies except for that one time I happened upon Twilight Sparkle,Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Raindow Dash at the Christmas Tree Shop. I got those 4 for $2 each. I only got AppleJack & Fluttershy through ebay. I didn't have problem winning the AppleJack, but I had to buy the Fluttershy for a little more then I wanted to, but it was better than the crazy bidding that was going on for her.

Ah... understandable, then. I kinda lucked out today, and it looked like Wal-Mart had just put a brand new box of the grab-bags (they sell FAST). I'm hoping they'll either have another fresh box or no one notices until Wednesday so I can go back and pick back through to finish the mane cast and the other 2 "special" figures. I saw them all, but really just wanted the Twilight figures today (and only had like $5 of personal money on me).

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #678 on: March 10, 2012, 10:52:17 pm »
Am I the only one who noticed that they actually have a hell in this universe?

Granted, it's Greek hell (considering Tartarus is more or less unofficially the "hell" of Hades), but still.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #679 on: March 10, 2012, 10:56:12 pm »

Granted, it's Greek hell (considering Tartarus is more or less unofficially the "hell" of Hades), but still.

Well, it didn't sound like an "underworld" so much as like a prison for the creatures too dangerous to leave free. And considering dragons and ursa majors are allowed to live in Equestria, just imagine the kind of power anything deemed dangerous enough to be locked in Tartarus is...

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #680 on: March 10, 2012, 11:27:20 pm »
They really ought to store Discord's statue there instead of in a garden where little ponies can just walk by, fight, and release him.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #681 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:06 pm »
I was under the impression that that row was just a catalyst. He would have broken out eventually. And he will likely break free again sometime in the distant future (but most definitely not Next Tuesday).
-A Pen Name

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #682 on: March 10, 2012, 11:32:41 pm »
Yeah. Celestia explained that what freed him was the fact that she was no longer linked to the Elements of Harmony. So at the very least, Discord is locked up tight until the mane cast start to pass away.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #683 on: March 11, 2012, 11:53:43 am »

Well, it didn't sound like an "underworld" so much as like a prison for the creatures too dangerous to leave free. And considering dragons and ursa majors are allowed to live in Equestria, just imagine the kind of power anything deemed dangerous enough to be locked in Tartarus is...
The fandom theory that G4 Equestria is the pacified G1 Dream Valley makes more and more sense..

Saw the episode now, was awesome (Twilight using high-end magic, Flowerpot, Terminator expanding timetravel bubble)

The creator of Friendship is Witchcraft probably felt really weird during this ep.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #684 on: March 11, 2012, 11:59:38 am »
Hmm... that's an interesting idea. But I have no clue what it means. I know nothing about MLP aside from the new series. I never liked it as a kid.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #685 on: March 11, 2012, 12:44:44 pm »
Finally saw the new episode, I always like OCD Twilight, and I love how they had Cerberus about to mark his territory on that one house

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #686 on: March 11, 2012, 01:08:14 pm »
Loved the way they had a whole 80’s sense of post-apocalyptic fashion there.
-A Pen Name

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #687 on: March 11, 2012, 03:52:13 pm »
I wonder how long it will take before people start doing MLP/Escape From New York fics, especially since there is already crossover art featured on EQ.

Breaking out of Ponyville is impossible. Breaking in is INSANE.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #688 on: March 11, 2012, 04:02:43 pm »
Breaking out of Ponyville is impossible. Breaking in is INSANE.

For naming parallels, I would go with Escape from Manehattan, myself. At the very least, go with Canterlot. Ponyville is still just a small town. Wouldn’t have the right feel.
-A Pen Name

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #689 on: March 11, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »
Have Las Pegasus and the other town been mentioned before? I enjoy all of the different towns being added. Puns rock. Whoo hoo!

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...