Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1646466 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1650 on: November 25, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »

Also, if you need to emphasize, there's italics and bold, done by putting "i" or "b" in [brackets] at the start of the word or phrase and putting "/i" or "/b" at the end, also in brackets.

Oh, doy!
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #1651 on: November 25, 2012, 06:04:57 pm »
Another point is that Beck and Limbaugh generally aren't at their "Final Form"(IE: completely honest about their views) when they're on air.

Meanwhile, inside my imagination:

Quote from: Rush Limbaugh
Fool! This isn't even my final form! Time to go... Super Conservative... TIMES FOUR! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

pfffahahahahahahaha

Thank you, Auggz, that is a hilarious mental image.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1652 on: November 25, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »
I actually have a conservative friend who is otherwise quite reasonable at times.

However, he is also the son of a CEO, which means he basically sees things from a different angle than I do.

We don't agree on politics, but we don't talk about them.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1653 on: November 25, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »
You said it was biblical, and the south is known for being into their bibles. Thus my assumption it's a southern thing. I mean, I know the Pop and Soda divergence tends to be east/west based.

But the full name is Soda-Pop, so nobody's wrong!

However the south isn't known for actually reading their bibles.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1654 on: November 25, 2012, 06:10:28 pm »
You said it was biblical, and the south is known for being into their bibles. Thus my assumption it's a southern thing. I mean, I know the Pop and Soda divergence tends to be east/west based.

Or reading...

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1655 on: November 25, 2012, 06:22:11 pm »
Reagan was one of the few executives who could honestly escape criminal prosecution on the basis that he had no idea what was going on and never made any decisions. Many of the people who were actually president were jailed.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1656 on: November 25, 2012, 06:32:56 pm »
Reagan was one of the few executives who could honestly escape criminal prosecution on the basis that he had no idea what was going on and never made any decisions. Many of the people who were actually president were jailed.

I know that Reagan was an awful person in reality.
I was referring to his "stage act". He was praised for being positive and friendly, but today most republicans are praised by other republicans for "telling it like it is!" or "not afraid to be not politically correct!" (Read: being a douchebag).

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #1657 on: November 25, 2012, 06:35:25 pm »
My point is that many liberals are unfair to poor old Ronald. He never really did anything wrong. He read out some speeches and occasionally signed some documents. He wasn't responsible for Iran-Contra, he just didn't have the brainpower to understand it.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1658 on: November 25, 2012, 06:36:38 pm »

Or reading...

Okay, Please.....time for the non-Southerners with attitudes to "check your dribble-edge". It gets old, and depressing, when I see comments reflecting an old stereotype, and not experience. A Southern accent does not automatically signal bigotry, illiteracy, or mental retardation, or inbreeding. Yes, there are plenty of loud mouthed ignorant fuckwits here. I bet there are plenty where you live, too.

I was born in the South. Nearly all of us can read. A lot of us actually write what you like to read, too. Lots of famous authors of fine American literature are Southern (Harper Lee, Truman Capote, Anne Tyler, etc. etc. etc. So are most of the people at NASA, Redhills Missile Research (Ala.), Houston NASA mission control, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Georgia Tech is one of the best universities in the world (the MRI and PET scanners were developed there), and Duke, and etc. etc. etc.

Please remember, that just because a state votes red, doesn't mean there aren't lots of us blue folks living there. Usually a little less than 45% of the total population, but hardly something to dismiss, 'k? If the secession idiots actually got their way, half of those states' citizens would pack up and move back to civilization.

Okay, sorry....rant over... :)
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1659 on: November 25, 2012, 06:42:24 pm »
My point is that many liberals are unfair to poor old Ronald. He never really did anything wrong. He read out some speeches and occasionally signed some documents. He wasn't responsible for Iran-Contra, he just didn't have the brainpower to understand it.

Sure... but that had nothing to do with my point. Whether he knew what he was doing or not he still acted happy on stage.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1660 on: November 25, 2012, 07:53:18 pm »

Or reading...

Okay, Please.....time for the non-Southerners with attitudes to "check your dribble-edge". It gets old, and depressing, when I see comments reflecting an old stereotype, and not experience. A Southern accent does not automatically signal bigotry, illiteracy, or mental retardation, or inbreeding. Yes, there are plenty of loud mouthed ignorant fuckwits here. I bet there are plenty where you live, too.

I was born in the South. Nearly all of us can read. A lot of us actually write what you like to read, too. Lots of famous authors of fine American literature are Southern (Harper Lee, Truman Capote, Anne Tyler, etc. etc. etc. So are most of the people at NASA, Redhills Missile Research (Ala.), Houston NASA mission control, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Georgia Tech is one of the best universities in the world (the MRI and PET scanners were developed there), and Duke, and etc. etc. etc.

Please remember, that just because a state votes red, doesn't mean there aren't lots of us blue folks living there. Usually a little less than 45% of the total population, but hardly something to dismiss, 'k? If the secession idiots actually got their way, half of those states' citizens would pack up and move back to civilization.

I was born in, and have lived in Oklahoma all my life. I can honestly say I've seen real people who live up to and exceed the stereotype. I've seen people still use the term "colored folk" and no one cared. I hear the word "nigger" used almost daily in reference to black people. I've had someone say straight up that we should be rewarding the rich for being successful and punish the poor so they'll stop enjoying it and not want to be poor any more. I know a guy at my school who fucked his aunt and they were on the news because the cops busted their "child sex ring" were his aunt and her friend "seduced" him and his friend with booze and cigarettes (the guy was 16, hardly a kid, and likely not seduced).

I have a whole thread devoted to the stuff I see daily, mostly around the small town where I live near and go to school in. See here for the thread. I encourage you to read all of it. I update it almost daily during the week, though I've been at home on fall break for the last week and haven't had anything to post.

That's not to say there aren't good people here in the south, just that in my town any of them are undercover for fear of their life. The closer you get to Tulsa the less you'll see this stuff, but down south just a ways on highway 75 it quickly becomes the place I describe here and in that thread.

Now, I shall play you the song of my people, the rare, intelligent,  southerner with an appreciation for science:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ovcwnBaOMI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ovcwnBaOMI</a>

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1661 on: November 25, 2012, 07:56:26 pm »

Or reading...

I've lived in middle TN since I was 5...

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1662 on: November 25, 2012, 09:05:34 pm »

I know that Reagan was an awful person in reality.
I was referring to his "stage act". He was praised for being positive and friendly, but today most republicans are praised by other republicans for "telling it like it is!" or "not afraid to be not politically correct!" (Read: being a douchebag).

If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that "change" from optimism to cynicism could best be explained in two ways. First and foremost, their guy was in the Whitehouse. Second, I think Rush Limbaugh (and Hannity, Beck, Et. Al. but mostly Rush) may have made the right more cynical and snotty. These people are more or less shock jocks and many of them know that it is easier to appeal to peoples' emotions than reason. So they get people riled up by convincing them not to listen to other news sources and then the people fall into a cycle. It also doesn't help that this establishment is responsible for such absurdities as death panels, welfare queens, and Obama recession, all of which seeks to make their listeners more angry at other people and cynical of government.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #1663 on: November 25, 2012, 09:36:48 pm »
The lack of proper education in the South relative to the North is not a stereotype. Educational outcomes are worse, adjusting for all the usual stuff, than the North. That's the opposite of a stereotype.

-FDR

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1664 on: November 25, 2012, 11:21:45 pm »

Sure... but that had nothing to do with my point. Whether he knew what he was doing or not he still acted happy on stage.

Like Dubya?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.