Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1647009 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4860 on: March 16, 2015, 01:13:05 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4862 on: March 16, 2015, 02:27:31 pm »
He may declare that this was a joke but we also saw that the Russian political system can not survive his departure or any weakness from him.

...I'm not kidding. If he is ever bedridden due to a disease (which might have happened now. We still don't know.) they have to pretend he is ok. He is trying to joke about it, but really this has just proven how weak his system is now that he has turned himself into a supreme ruler and they can't do anything without him.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4863 on: March 16, 2015, 02:56:07 pm »

Is Putin dead?

I see that cartoon as referring to Boris Nemtsov; a jab at Putin for likely being behind the scenes of the assassinations of his political enemies.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:57:49 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #4864 on: March 16, 2015, 06:50:09 pm »
So V-Poo's still a pain in the Borscht? Damn.

Well, I called it in the Something's Happening In Russia thread, didn't I?....

Like Kim Jong Un, it turned out to be nothing. :P

I think we should avoid these "Incredible Disappearing Dictator" stories for now and not make any assumptions until either said dictator pops up looking fine or officially declared dead/disposed/both.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:58:15 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4865 on: March 17, 2015, 11:25:11 am »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4866 on: March 17, 2015, 11:40:04 am »
Eh, except the Dodo was hunted to extinction, which yes is a man-made change to their environment, as in erasing them from their environment. Cartoon would have been a little funnier if the state bird was changed to an ostrich with it's head stuck in the sand, maybe.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4867 on: March 17, 2015, 11:46:12 am »
Eh, except the Dodo was hunted to extinction, which yes is a man-made change to their environment, as in erasing them from their environment. Cartoon would have been a little funnier if the state bird was changed to an ostrich with it's head stuck in the sand, maybe.

They were also killed by animals humans introduced to the islands they lived on.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #4868 on: March 17, 2015, 02:06:45 pm »

Maybe that's the point of the cartoon. A bit of "Fridge Brilliance" on the part of the cartoonist. A different layer of satire for the satire. Brilliant!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4869 on: March 18, 2015, 09:11:37 am »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4870 on: March 18, 2015, 09:58:07 am »

Maybe that's the point of the cartoon. A bit of "Fridge Brilliance" on the part of the cartoonist. A different layer of satire for the satire. Brilliant!

I think that most of you are just thinking too deep. He probably just picked the Dodo because it was a species that was driven to extinction by humans.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4871 on: March 19, 2015, 04:06:36 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4872 on: March 20, 2015, 12:17:38 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #4873 on: March 20, 2015, 12:40:23 am »

Good news and bad news. Time for another plague to tackle. At least the disease part is a good start.

Unfortunately, those bozos are probably going to tie the good news & bad news together and use the later as propaganda in relation to disease.

I know folks everywhere in hard times need a scapegoat...it's human nature...but why is it so darn hard to pour all of one's hate into the obvious "Big old Robber Baron/Stockbroker archetype"?! You have folks blaming different ethnic groups, sexual orientations & stuff. *SHEESH!*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4874 on: March 22, 2015, 11:54:04 am »