Author Topic: Ever download anything from Megaupload? You may be getting a visit soon.  (Read 5966 times)

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
Re: Ever download anything from Megaupload? You may be getting a visit soon.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:12 pm »
Yes, I downloaded several Sims and Zoo Tycoon items. I'm a monster. Take me away!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 07:54:26 pm »
I downloaded some music that some online free artists made, but I didn't like it anymore so I deleted it.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 09:12:19 pm »
I downloaded some music that some online free artists made, but I didn't like it anymore so I deleted it.

Ditto, minus deletion.

If the artist specifically said, "Download MY SONG THAT I MADE right here please!!" then it isn't infringement.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »
I've downloaded some stuff from there, but it was long enough ago that I don't recall what. Haven't downloaded anything from there recently.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 11:10:24 pm »
I routinely download movies I cant get anywhere else.
Das Boot, Brest Fortress, Stalingrad, and other hard-to-find movies that simply dont conform to the hollywood formula.
I dont like american style movies where body builders/fashion models in designer camo, enjoy god-mode invincibility and unlimited ammo.

I download music that isnt available at HMV. Artists who dont get recording contracts from hollywood or nashville. I dont want the crap that gets pushed by commercial radio and the fashion industry.

Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 11:31:22 pm »
I doubt anything will come of this. I mean there are a massive, massive amount of people that used Megauploads. They'd prolly end up trying to jail half the US population
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 02:50:19 am »
I doubt anything will come of this. I mean there are a massive, massive amount of people that used Megauploads. They'd prolly end up trying to jail half the US population

After which I cant wait for them to try and extradite the millions of users from other countries. Forget about the Mexicans invading America it will be a wave of detained internet users.

There seems to be a trend when it comes to the music and film industry to try and make examples of people hence the piratebay case, this megaupload case and the case against Thomas. It is not working, but it is making people very upset and angry with those companies which if anything promote people to commit piracy against them. Although, the way the US government beds over backwards for them and throws its international weight around is very depressing.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 03:13:22 am »
See, that's part of the problem, if the entertainment industry would listen to people instead of telling people what they want, this stuff wouldn't really exist all that much.
But, what they do listen to is money, and they look to the past to see what brought them that money. They know they can make shit movies and songs, so long as it involves popular people, based off something popular, or sounds decent.
Kinda like how the Big 3 here in Detroit tried telling everyone what they wanted to drive and wonder why they're being pushed to the poor house while people swap to other manufacturers.
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 04:18:18 am »
"...is entitled to one free internet"
Let's hope this doesn't become ironic.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline BrandonL337

• Tyrannical Pervert Judge (MWAHAHAHA)
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 05:43:23 pm »
Never downloaded anything i could acquire legally in the states, though I'm pleading the 5th on my use of megavideo.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 05:32:00 am »
Never downloaded anything i could acquire legally in the states, though I'm pleading the 5th on my use of megavideo.

The fifth is the way to go, regardless of what you have or haven't done.  And back on topic, the internet censorship is less about copyright infringement and more about preventing competition and making the internet into a top down content delivery system like cable tv.  And to eliminate the use of the F-word.

Fair use.