Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1512076 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2910 on: July 23, 2013, 09:25:04 am »
The PC version of FFVII has a few nice bonuses and a bizarre issue of not having the original music
No music at all? Check your settings, I had that problem with FFVII but managed to get the music working.

...But only after my first playthrough. I actually played through the whole game with almost all the music (apart from fight scenes) turned off and didn't know the truth untill much later when talking to someone about the game. This was before youtube so I hadn't seen any videos of the game to compare with my experience either.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2911 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:49 am »
i meant the original score.  they have this awful remaster

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2912 on: July 23, 2013, 03:52:18 pm »
Is anyone else having problems with XBox Live?  It's taking several minutes just to get past the title screen of several of my games, and it keeps saying several of my DLC aren't downloaded (and it fails to redownload them every time).  WTF is going on?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2913 on: July 23, 2013, 05:47:20 pm »
Pretty much all of my game-breaking glitches are restricted to New Vegas. I love this game to death and I still haven't discovered everything in the vanilla game (to say nothing of the mod-added quests, some of which have literally as much content as one of the DLC; Project Brazil has only released the first chapter and it already takes several hours to complete before dropping you in the bare bones of a sandbox the size of the Capital Wasteland that they plan on turning into a complete package over two more chapters). But damn if it doesn't crash like hell.

The worst part is that it has a nasty tendency to corrupt saves or suffer a sudden game-breaking error that you can't identify, which results in the game lasting for mere seconds before crashing to the desktop and no way to identify or fix the problem beyond hoping that you have an earlier save to reload. Just getting a long-term character who tries to complete several major quest lines can be a chore.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Distind

« Reply #2914 on: July 23, 2013, 06:49:08 pm »
Is anyone else having problems with XBox Live?  It's taking several minutes just to get past the title screen of several of my games, and it keeps saying several of my DLC aren't downloaded (and it fails to redownload them every time).  WTF is going on?
Thought that was just my copy of fable shitting the bed, but yeah, shit's dying at the title screen for me.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2915 on: July 23, 2013, 06:53:49 pm »
The "THANKS OBAMA" meme is going to get replaced with "XBOX SUCKS" pretty soon.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2916 on: July 23, 2013, 07:01:10 pm »
Thought that was just my copy of fable shitting the bed, but yeah, shit's dying at the title screen for me.

According to their seb site, XBox Live itself is screwed up at the moment.  That explains a lot, though I don't understand how content I already downloaded is messed up.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2917 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:59 pm »

According to their seb site, XBox Live itself is screwed up at the moment.  That explains a lot, though I don't understand how content I already downloaded is messed up.

It could possibly be the game not recognizing them because of whatever's going on with XBox Live.  I've had that happen before with games and then the dlc content is fine once everything is working again.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2918 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:40 pm »
Well, I decided to sell the cards I got in the Steam sale. At a price of $59.99 per card. I figure there's at least some chance that there's someone on Steam stupid enough to pay that much for a trading card.

Distind

« Reply #2919 on: July 24, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »
Not any time soon, though I probably shouldn't have just given away the foil card I randomly got. Ah well, it's worth all of 30 cents right now and far more than that to the person who got it.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2920 on: July 25, 2013, 03:14:16 pm »
The Summer Games Done Quick marathon just started up now, it's always interesting to watch and it's for a good cause. Link

Offline Errata

• Neonate
  • Personal Text
« Reply #2921 on: July 25, 2013, 04:11:38 pm »
I'm going through Okami. Issun's annoying at times but this is still a great game. Love the world. I really hated Viewtiful Joe but this has definitely adjusted my opinion on Clover/Platinum.
Signature

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight canceled
« Reply #2922 on: July 25, 2013, 05:26:55 pm »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2923 on: July 26, 2013, 01:29:14 am »
Shadowrun Returns is out and it's good so far but I've not beaten it and well there is the whole user content

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2924 on: July 26, 2013, 04:26:49 am »
Spammy post incoming! Spoilered for length. A bit late, but here's what I ended up with on the Steam sale:

(click to show/hide)
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine