Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514034 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3585 on: October 24, 2013, 10:03:43 am »
Bought Guild Wars 2.

Ironbite-not sure what I'm getting myself into here.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3586 on: October 24, 2013, 10:23:09 am »
You're getting yourself into good things.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3587 on: October 24, 2013, 10:32:07 am »
Oh you play too?

Ironbite-perhaps we can Guild Wars 2 together!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3588 on: October 24, 2013, 12:08:15 pm »
Biotic Shepard would just use Lift to send Master Chief into the stratosphere.  Then Master Chief gets to experience what it feels like to be hit in the face with a planet.

He already did that and survived with essentially zero damage. Remember the opening of Halo 3?

Nope.  Never played any of the Halo games, except a little bit of the first on someone's X-Box.

Long story short, the Master Chief snuck onto the Covenant leader's and hitched a ride to Earth at the end of Halo 2. Since he obviously couldn't ask them to stop for a landing, he grabbed a hatch door as a heat shield and simply jumped 2 kilometers back down to the planet. He had nothing to stop him, but he survived virtually unscathed and jumped straight into combat.

Not the first time SPARTANs have done that, either. In the First Strike novel, it details how several others landed on Reach when their dropship was shot down: jumping out and making a supersonic landing. Four of them died, but 23 of them survived and (again) jumped straight into fighting.

Being hit by planets is actually pretty routine for these guys.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3589 on: October 24, 2013, 02:41:42 pm »
That's okay, Biotic Shepard has other tricks up her sleeve.

...Let's not even get into Engineer Shepard.  Engi!Shepard is strong against shields.  99% of Master Chief's health is shield.  Without it, he's a one-hit wonder.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3590 on: October 24, 2013, 03:04:36 pm »
Depends on if Shepard is a vanguard or an adept or a sentinel, tbh. If she's a sentinel then Chief is in trouble and if she's a vanguard Chief will never see her coming because she can basically teleport using Charge.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3591 on: October 24, 2013, 05:42:20 pm »
Now I just want to write a crossover fanfic where John 117  and several other of the Halo cast gets transported to the Mass Effect universe and take down the Covenant and The Reapers (also i would pay a shit ton of money to see Sgt. Johnson and Garrus have a conversation.) 

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3592 on: October 24, 2013, 06:05:04 pm »
I've done a Halo/Mass Effect crossover already on tumblr RP. It was pretty fab.

This is what I put up with in the Mass Effect fandom.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:39:32 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3593 on: October 24, 2013, 08:38:09 pm »
With that said, it's like arguing if Super Saiyan Goku can beat Superman. Any given Sunday plays into it more than you might think.

Screw Attack did a pretty good Death Battle with it, and I do happen to find myself in agreement with their assessment.  Though, with the recent addition of Super Saiyan God Goku, I do wonder if a rematch is in order...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3594 on: October 24, 2013, 09:14:26 pm »
With that said, it's like arguing if Super Saiyan Goku can beat Superman. Any given Sunday plays into it more than you might think.

Screw Attack did a pretty good Death Battle with it, and I do happen to find myself in agreement with their assessment.  Though, with the recent addition of Super Saiyan God Goku, I do wonder if a rematch is in order...

Superman would likely still kick fifty shades of shit out of Goku before he was even close to finished floating in one spot and screaming.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3595 on: October 24, 2013, 10:01:39 pm »

Superman would likely still kick fifty shades of shit out of Goku before he was even close to finished floating in one spot and screaming.

So what do you actually know (and I mean know) about Super Saiyan God Goku? >_>
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3596 on: October 24, 2013, 10:34:30 pm »

Well, granted, maybe he doesn't scream quite as much as all the other Gokus, but I can't imagine the writers would take the show in such a new and revolutionary direction. It just wouldn't be Dragon Ball Z if it weren't 90% floating in the air and screaming.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3597 on: October 24, 2013, 11:41:35 pm »

Well, granted, maybe he doesn't scream quite as much as all the other Gokus, but I can't imagine the writers would take the show in such a new and revolutionary direction. It just wouldn't be Dragon Ball Z if it weren't 90% floating in the air and screaming.

So basically you don't know anything :P

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3598 on: October 25, 2013, 12:43:04 am »

So basically you don't know anything :P

I've sat through enough to get the jist of it. Yes, I know you're thinking that I should watch the entire series and study Goku's abilities in great detail first. After all, comparing different fictional characters is the most serious of business. However, I feel that my time is better spent on other pursuits.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3599 on: October 25, 2013, 04:08:51 am »
That's okay, Biotic Shepard has other tricks up her sleeve.

...Let's not even get into Engineer Shepard.  Engi!Shepard is strong against shields.  99% of Master Chief's health is shield.  Without it, he's a one-hit wonder.

Well, the kinetic barriers in ME and the energy shields in Halo don't necessarily operate on the same principals. Something that weakens or drops a barrier that uses tiny mass effect fields won't necessarily work on something that uses a magnetically-contained plasma field.

Also, the Chief is still completely covered in half a ton of power armor that even armors the black bodysuit underneath. At a minimum, he's going to be just as strong without his shields as Shepard would be. If Shepard forgets to wear his/her helmet in a combat zone (a distressingly common occurrence in some games), the Chief is even more protected.

Depends on if Shepard is a vanguard or an adept or a sentinel, tbh. If she's a sentinel then Chief is in trouble and if she's a vanguard Chief will never see her coming because she can basically teleport using Charge.

And that'll do.....what? The Chief has enough armor and physical augmentation to survive a 2 kilometer fall under Earth's gravity. Getting hit by a Charge will send him flying due to the mass negation, but it'll probably do little more than bruise and disorient him from the flip. Assuming he even goes flying that hard, since we never really see Shepard punching 1000 pound enemies and there has to be an upper limit to how much mass the power can negate.

The only reliable way to take down a SPARTAN-II in full MJOLNIR armor is to use powerful weaponry. The only way for Shepard to win would be to bring an overwhelming amount of firepower that can destroy the shield and armor. Of course, Shepard doesn't get to bring his/her biggest guns unless the Chief can bring HIS biggest guns. Such as a Spartan Laser that would likely go straight through Shepard (kinetic barriers don't do squat against focused light).
Still can't think of a signature a year later.