Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 14858 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 06:08:01 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 08:07:52 pm »
I really wish that they had done a better job with Daala. She had potential at the start. The idea that pockets of the Empire were hidden away was a good one. Then they royally effed her up and made her an embarrassment to female military commanders everywhere. (seriously, sucking your superior officer's cock is not an appropriate per-requisite for becoming a high ranking military commander. I hate nepotism with a firey passion))

I didn't read much outside of Zahn, is there any that show the Empire in a better light?
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 08:10:50 pm »
I really wish that they had done a better job with Daala. She had potential at the start. The idea that pockets of the Empire were hidden away was a good one. Then they royally effed her up and made her an embarrassment to female military commanders everywhere. (seriously, sucking your superior officer's cock is not an appropriate per-requisite for becoming a high ranking military commander. I hate nepotism with a firey passion))

I didn't read much outside of Zahn, is there any that show the Empire in a better light?

I wouldn't say 'better light'. It does make them look a little less bumbly tho. I can't remember the titles.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 08:29:37 pm »

I wouldn't say 'better light'. It does make them look a little less bumbly tho. I can't remember the titles.

When I finish what I'm writing (am trying to get it done for the Black Library publishing window for new authors in April), I could always have a go. 8)
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 10:46:10 pm »
Is it even possible to show the Empire in a "better light"??

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 10:47:06 pm »
Is it even possible to show the Empire in a "better light"??
Droyk, woman.  Depends on who you ask.

&

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 11:25:22 pm »
Good point, as long as don't ask any alien species, Jedi on the run, or any of Palpatine's political enemies, you might get a positive response.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 01:44:37 am »
"Human superiority" was pretty much an integral part of Palpatine's empire, but the remnant got rid of that at some point.

Then again even the remnant and the Fel empire do some questionable stuff but in those cases it seems to be mostly caused by few crooked politicians (How many decent moffs have we seen?) or the sith.

Still at least when Zahn is writing we see that some imperials are just doing their job out of loyalty to the empire and it's not like they go out of their ways to torture puppies just for the evulz.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:34 am »
Yeah, the Empire isn't pure evil, there are decent folks that served it like Pellaeon.
it's not like they go out of their ways to torture puppies just for the evulz.
Is it wrong that the image of Palpatine torturing a puppy just formed in my head??

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 02:29:26 pm »
The Mandalorians just wanted a fight.

&

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 04:52:52 am »
Bump city to alert fellow Star Wars fans of Ralph McQuarrie's passing: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1269784/in_memoriam_concept_designer_ralph_mcquarrie.html

&

Offline Podkayne

• Pope
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 07:02:22 am »

When I finish what I'm writing (am trying to get it done for the Black Library publishing window for new authors in April), I could always have a go. 8)
Wow, really? I liked a couple of the heresy series.
Don't make vague, generic threats, or else!

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17:15 pm »
Found this awesome Star Wars article on the mistakes made by the Galactic Empire.  :D