Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548934 times)

wrightway

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1140 on: August 31, 2013, 10:59:46 am »
My (caucasian) brother had a friend who was biracial when he was in high school. He called this kid "white boy" and the kid called him "nigger lover". Want to guess which one of them got in more trouble for the nicknames? (Hint: not the person using the more offensive word)

I do not understand what happened in this story or "Riley" at all.

Riley?

Political correctness gone mad. My brother was yelled at by the teachers, even sent to detention, for calling his biracial friend "white boy." The teachers knew they were friends and were aware it was an inside joke. They yelled at my brother because it made other (read: white) people uncomfortable. Sean (the friend) thought it was fine. In turn, Sean was reprimanded a grand total of once for using "nigger lover" because "Well, he's black. He's allowed to use that word."

Clearer?

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1141 on: August 31, 2013, 06:02:55 pm »
There's not enough rape apology here.

There we go: disgust levels returning to normal.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1142 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:01 pm »
There's an unfortunate amount of people who claim to be "triggered" when they aren't actually triggering anything. It's more like annoyance or it just brings up an unpleasant memory, but it's not like a girl I know who suffers from bulimia and self-harms and can be triggered to these behaviors if it reminds her of her extremely negative self-image.

I mentioned this a while ago, but frivolously claiming to be "triggered" by something or putting up "trigger warnings" for benign stuff ends up making things more difficult for people with actual problems. It becomes harder to separate the proverbial wheat from the chaff, and might encourage people who deal with a lot of whiny idiots to ignore someone's real issues.

i find this very true, and unfortunately i find it links directly to the political-correctness-gone-mad of our current world. if i want to call a jew who acts like a bigot a "bigoted jew" (real imaginative, right there), i'll be nailed with antisemitism. if i want to call a girl who's acting like a scumbag a sad excuse for a girl, boom! misogyny, right there! well, i'm sorry but some people do act like raging douchecanoes and i will call them out on it.

this happened when i denied a guy service in my university lounge because he was a) visibly drunk and b) belligerent to my staff. the first one i don't care if you can keep yourself in check. the second is a "trigger" for me (it induces a black rage* that is tough to keep in check, and only happens in few circumstances). he made it the cochran defense "it's because i'm black isn't it? racist!" if you know me, i like to shock or at least shake up people's views because it's fun. i am not nor will i ever be prejudiced against anyone (but i am scared of girls, but hey, that's a work in progress). i told him in no incertain terms how i didn't care if his skin color was different, but because we are the same species, his attitude gave humans a bad name. i shamed him to the point of him trying to leave through security that a teammate had called up.

if i call you out on your idiotic behavior, it's not because you're black, white, a girl, a homo, a trans, a guy, it's because you're acting like an idiot. the world is big enough to have both paragons of goodness and evil in any group, i won't insult anyone based on anything but their personnal attitude.

just like here, if i ever have to call out anyone, it'll be because of their actions, not because of who/what they are/fit in which category.

*regarding my trigger, it boils down to self-loathing and finding myself in similar situations where i wasn't able to cope the first time around and got hurt quite badly. i relive the shame i felt, and i get very angry, which boils down to me usually leaving for 5 minutes to cool off. it's not pleasant, i don't get nightmares from the newest incident (but still the original one), and that's that. i am pretty hot-headed by nature, but it's something i don't like about myself, so i keep it under wraps because frankly, i don't like being angry. i meditate, think about it, try and be stoicist (the philosophical current) about it. much better for everyone.

[/rant] thanks for "listening"/reading

I'm pretty sure the problem is when you don't just call to attention someone's personality, but also what they are. That's the problem. You can call someone a bigot without bringing in their ethnicity or religion or genitals.

Also what you described isn't a trigger in the sense that it is usually used and with which people are referring when they say they're triggered. What you described is what is experienced by a good portion of the population to the point where calling yourself triggered loses just as much meaning as someone saying they were triggered by the oak tree outside.

As for the erection=consent. Sounds like a pretty good argument used to say men aren't raped. A+ OP.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1143 on: August 31, 2013, 11:13:33 pm »

Of all the stupid candidates for proxies for consent, an involuntary physiological reaction ranks amongst the stupidest.
Σא

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #1144 on: August 31, 2013, 11:47:14 pm »

Because everyone knows that when you're physically aroused, you're automatically mentally aroused as well, and it's impossible for your mind and body to be in disagreement. Oh wait...

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #1145 on: September 01, 2013, 12:28:15 am »
What the fuck is morning wood?

Political correctness gone mad. My brother was yelled at by the teachers, even sent to detention, for calling his biracial friend "white boy." The teachers knew they were friends and were aware it was an inside joke. They yelled at my brother because it made other (read: white) people uncomfortable. Sean (the friend) thought it was fine. In turn, Sean was reprimanded a grand total of once for using "nigger lover" because "Well, he's black. He's allowed to use that word."

Yes, & at the same time, no. What a strange thing to consider a slur.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1146 on: September 01, 2013, 01:09:31 am »
What the fuck is morning wood?

Waking up with an erect penis.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1147 on: September 01, 2013, 01:16:53 am »
If an erection equals consent, then so does a wet vagina.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1148 on: September 01, 2013, 01:17:38 am »
If an erection equals consent, then so does a wet vagina.

Ew
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

wrightway

« Reply #1149 on: September 01, 2013, 02:11:53 am »

Jesus fucking christ. Dear rape apologist, please do people everywhere a favor and never say this again, mkay?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1150 on: September 01, 2013, 05:40:55 am »

*image*

Of all the stupid candidates for proxies for consent, an involuntary physiological reaction ranks amongst the stupidest.

So when a man gets raped, his body has a way of shutting that whole thing down?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1151 on: September 01, 2013, 05:51:20 am »
Cross-posting for shitty social justice!

* it is not macklemore’s fault that same love is popular. it is his fault that mary lambert was on stage with him and he did not take that opportunity to promote music by queer people or say that he couldn’t have done this without queer people. which would have taken two seconds. it is also his fault mary lambert only got to perform the chorus (yes, only)

Should it have just been a straight-up cover? Because when two people do a song together, they don't get to do all of it. It's like complaining that when Trent Reznor and David Bowie did "Hurt" together, Reznor showed himself as anti-British because he didn't praise British music and have Bowie do it all. No matter how much he does, apparently, people will complain.

* it is not macklemore’s fault that he is straight. it is his fault that he, as a straight person, purposefully and willfully paints the rap genre to be heterosexist, which ignores and erases queer rappers that do work about queer issues and exist. it’s also his fault that as a straight person, he uses and attempts to reclaim a slur in his song. i don’t give a fuck what kind of context you’re using it in, don’t do that. it’s also his fault that, as a straight person doing a song about gsrm issues, erases gsrm folk (ie. trans*) within the song. and it’s also his fault that he chooses to oversimplify queer issues in the same song.

So, if the majority of a group is a certain way, people can't tell them to shape up because a few are good? It's not "erasing" them, it's saying that, hey, most of you are being dicks. Cut it the fuck out. Also, what is GSRM? A Google search says "Gender, Sexual and Romantic Minorities". Actually, I like that. Much better than the exploding acronym of doom. Additionally, it's a song. There has to be some simplification unless you make it a 20 minute monstrosity, and if he did that, it'd never get played. A song needs focus. It cannot sprawl across every single minute thing. Additionally, is that really complaining that a straight person dared to do a song about issues that aren't his? Because, that's the idea of helping. It's like a slave complaining about white abolitionists because they're not slaves. As a GSRM, fuck you.

* it is not macklemore’s fault that he is white. it is his fault that, as a white person, he appropriates the hell out of black culture even as he’s supposedly recognizing his privilege in his other bullshit song, White Privilege.
stop telling people, especially queer people, that they should be grateful to macklemore for “spreading awareness” or that people expressing their justified dislike or hate of mackemore, his songs, and/or his fanbase are “the reason people are afraid to talk queer politics/the reason we need people like macklemore/the reason queer issues should be presented in this way, instead of a ‘hateful’ way.” that blatantly victim-blames an oppressed group.

-_- Oh, hey, it's that "appropriation" thing again. How dare a white person rap! Seriously, this shows a lack of knowledge on how culture works. If it becomes popular, it spreads. Complaining about "appropriation" when this happens is being a hipster and trying to use politics to look like the good guy. Under this logic, everyone from Alice Cooper to Disturbed to the motherfuckin' Jonas Brothers is appropriating black culture, since rock started there.

* also stop it because it implies that queer people should be happy with the support they’re getting, as long as it’s support—when actually, fuck you. this is not the kind of support i asked for, not the kind i want, not the kind i deserve. it also implies that queer people aren’t allowed to want more, or that wanting more/better support is selfish, which??? what????

Actually, it is pretty selfish to complain when someone is trying to help you. If you held the door for someone and they went "Fuck you", you'd be pissed. It's called being an asshole. I don't hate people for race, gender, sex, orientation, trans* status, or pretty much anything but being an asshole. Being pissed because of nitpicking problems and hipsterism is being an asshole. He's spreading gay acceptance, and telling the rap industry to get it's act together, and you're pissed because he's not doing it your way and because some rappers are gay, and therefore somehow it's discrimination when most of the industry is assholes, to call the industry at large mainly bad. I mean, if there was a rogue squad of soldiers raping and killing people, but one of them was against that and wasn't doing the rape or killing, just watching his buddies backs, would you be against calling that rogue squad a group of rapists and killers?

* stop implying that queer people, as an oppressed group, should be nice to members of an oppressive group for doing what they have already been doing, what they’ve been imprisoned for doing, what they’ve been silenced for doing.

Oh hey, it's that old SJW lunacy. All straight people are oppressors now? So, there are no non-oppressive straight people? What about President Obama? Is he gay or a paradox that will make your brain explode? Because, he's an ally, but he's not gay. Is it aliens? I don't get to use that meme much, so it must be aliens.

* if your support of an oppressed group depends on how nice members of that group are to you, then your support is bullshit and you should immediately put effort into maybe not being a useless, oppressive “ally.”

As a bisexual man, I'd like to say, with the utmost force behind it, kiss the toilet paper I used to wipe my ass last time I took a shit. You sir, are a dumbass and an asshole. Allies are oppressive, freedom is slavery, yada yada yada. I doubt their support actually changes based on how nice people are. I bet, however, allies dared to criticize your stupid ass, and you're so self-centred that you think that if they disagree with you, they must be homophobes. It's not anything-phobia to call a GSRM person a fucking cunt if they're acting like one. That's equality, as well. Equal chances to be hated for being a prick. It's not because of your queer status. It's because you're a prick. Prick.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1152 on: September 01, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1153 on: September 01, 2013, 05:06:48 pm »
How on earth does one "think they're blind?" I'm pretty sure if you can see, you're not blind. Or do you just go everywhere with you're eyes closed?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1154 on: September 01, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »
They're either trolling the SJW or they're delusional.