Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547707 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1215 on: September 09, 2013, 03:16:29 am »
^^ I've seen people use that line of reasoning. Not on Tumblr (aside from obvious trolls), but elsewhere on the internet. Pedos claiming that children are capable of sexual desire and we're taking away their rights over their own bodies, etc.

Of course, it falls more under "desperate attempts to rationalized horrific acts" than "social justice", but it exists nonetheless.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1216 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:13 am »
Im surprised at the maturity. I thought it would be an endless onslaught of RAHALLPEDOPHILESAREHORRIBLEPEOPLE

And the general hatred towards thought crime.

Kudos.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1217 on: September 09, 2013, 03:32:19 am »
Im surprised at the maturity. I thought it would be an endless onslaught of RAHALLPEDOPHILESAREHORRIBLEPEOPLE

And the general hatred towards thought crime.

Kudos.

Eh, we've had this discussion numerous times before, and it's always gone pretty much the same way. The only people I remember doing the whole "RAHALLPEDOPHILESAREHORRIBLEPEOPLE" thing are BrendenRizzo (surprise surprise) and some guy on Proboards who somehow misread the entire thread and thought people were supporting child molesters (I recall him posting something to the effect of "WE'VE GONE DOWN THE SLIPPERY SLOPE! THE FUNDIES WERE RIGHT!").

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #1218 on: September 09, 2013, 06:04:24 am »
Just in case you weren't 50000% done with Tumblr there is an adult privilege tag:

Adult privilege is the fact that I can go to the bathroom whenever I want/need to, and no one will try to stop me.

Think about that. Many young people in school are prevented from taking care of natural human bodily functions when they need to. The fact that some students will use it to get out of class doesn’t justify attempting to prevent someone from using the toilet when they need to. That’s inhumane.

Fine, if kids want to have adult privileges, they can have adult responsibilities too. They can work a real job, have bills, be responsible for the safety and well-being of a family. Yup.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1219 on: September 09, 2013, 06:08:01 am »
Just in case you weren't 50000% done with Tumblr there is an adult privilege tag:

Adult privilege is the fact that I can go to the bathroom whenever I want/need to, and no one will try to stop me.

Think about that. Many young people in school are prevented from taking care of natural human bodily functions when they need to. The fact that some students will use it to get out of class doesn’t justify attempting to prevent someone from using the toilet when they need to. That’s inhumane.

Fine, if kids want to have adult privileges, they can have adult responsibilities too. They can work a real job, have bills, be responsible for the safety and well-being of a family. Yup.
Who was it that suggested that? Because I'm pretty sure Beck, Reilly or someone suggested that poor kids should be forced to work as janitors in schools or something. In fact the whole "back in my days I had to spend my hours after school working to earn some pocket money rather than getting handouts" is a pretty common complain.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #1220 on: September 09, 2013, 06:23:51 am »
Oh, I don't actually think that, that kids should have to work, just to clarify. I was trying to say, they don't get the relative freedoms that they think come with being an adult because they're not capable of handling the co-existing stress.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1221 on: September 09, 2013, 06:50:08 am »
I know.

It's just that your sarcasm reminded me of the fact there are people who really DO have that opinion.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1222 on: September 09, 2013, 12:00:03 pm »

Who was it that suggested that? Because I'm pretty sure Beck, Reilly or someone suggested that poor kids should be forced to work as janitors in schools or something. In fact the whole "back in my days I had to spend my hours after school working to earn some pocket money rather than getting handouts" is a pretty common complain.

That was Newt Gingrich, once again proving that he is literally a cartoon villain.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1223 on: September 09, 2013, 02:39:39 pm »

Actually, I've seen where it can be extremely inhumane. I've seen people clenching their legs trying not to shit themselves because they're not allowed to go, and I've heard of teenagers on their periods being told they can't go, even though they really need to.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1224 on: September 09, 2013, 04:49:23 pm »
I have seen abuse of the whole no restroom policy too, but generally has more to do with class than ageism. As in schools that generally has those policies are those in poorer neighborhoods where they don't care for the well-being of the students.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1225 on: September 09, 2013, 04:53:36 pm »
I don't think I've ever been flat-out denied to go to the bathroom when I was at school.  I've had some teachers be bitchy about it like they're doing me a monumental favor akin to curing cancer, but never really outright denial.  Tough stuff. :(

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1226 on: September 09, 2013, 05:01:23 pm »
In the sixties, some predominantly Latino schools in LA locked restroom doors during breaks and lunch. Yeah way more to do with other factors than discrimination against young ones. If they tried that at Newport Beach you can bet no one would stand for it.

I honestly had someone try to tell me consent law was discriminatory, though. I also had an anarchist tell me anti rape laws violated their personal freedom but that's another ball of idiocy.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1227 on: September 09, 2013, 05:25:37 pm »
Though it's really ageist in here. ;P

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1228 on: September 09, 2013, 05:27:38 pm »
Though it's really ageist in here. ;P
Shush, young 'un.  The grown-ups are talkin'.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1229 on: September 09, 2013, 05:28:37 pm »
Rude. Though the first time I've actually felt young.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!