Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548276 times)

wrightway

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1470 on: September 22, 2013, 11:29:13 pm »
Oh goody, this again.

Hey guys, do you think it might be a good idea to take this to flame and burn if it's going to keep going down this path?

On the topic of discussion; the majority of both SJW and SJA that I've seen personally seem to have a hard time believing that a minority can have illogically held beliefs unless they happen to be going against an even more oppressed minority. Mind you, those are the ones I've seen.

It also appears to be a commonly held belief that to criticize any facet of social justice is to criticize them all. Take Queenofhearts saying that people who make fun of SJWs just like to laugh at minorities. Personally, I like to facepalm at idiots. And we have had some doozies in this thread. We've had cultural appropriation idiots saying that a dog should die because her owner culturally appropriated her name, Bindi. We've had discussions on "Schroedinger's rapist". We've had readfems who called all PIV sex rape. That shaming smokers is the same as shaming fat people. And that was the first five pages. Laughing/being terrified of those people isn't laughing at minorities. It's facepalming at special snowflake idiots.

That's why I'm always careful to hold a difference between an honest SJA and a wonky SJW.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1471 on: September 22, 2013, 11:38:04 pm »
Oh? Show me where that's the majority opinion.
I suppose I can dig up Smurfette's old Tumblr thread if you want. Or perhaps one of those Flame and Burn threads in which you yourself were quite vehemently pushing that idea.
Also we've already had the discussion about different views of what racism means that didn't rely on what people like Riley thinks it means, but I guess we're gonna just write that off as irrational right? Political incorrectness gone mad, I tells ya.
The thing is, language doesn't work that way. Words have commonly accepted definitions which, believe it or not, you can't just arbitrarily redefine them to suit your own views and still expect to be taken seriously.

I am quite aware that I pushed that idea, in fact I've already pushed that idea in this very thread. (I have reading comprehension and memory privilege, am I right?) To which I pointed out:

1. You didn't have to accept that definition, only understand the position it comes from (a colonial one, fyi).
2. Describing discrimination against people of color as racist while describing discrimination against white people as something else doesn't diminish the fact that discrimination against white people is still bad. It's just stating they are different based context. The blogs I follow recognizes that, not that you'd care.

Also the idea that a word doesn't have different meaning is linguistically preposterous. If you'd bother to understand cultural linguistics (TW: showing my learning privilege), different groups and circles will have different understand of words. Words aren't stagnant. They evolve. If you don't believe the English you're speaking had better be the same as Beowulf's English.

I love how you assume I in any way represent SJW. Take a look at my blog, I'm fairly sure it isn't SJW. But this is what I mean though that SJW has become a way to dismiss people's concern. A woman talks about harrasment? She's an SJW. A native person talks about their culture in the global context? SJW. Anything that makes you think or uncomfortable? SJW.

Honestly, you're just as bad as Riley or Redd or Dion with your insistence of dismissing evidence, your staunch clinging on shitty behavior, and your inability to discern what is black or white and what isn't. You're not some grand wise man and the world doesn't need to cater to your sense of superiority.

Edit: Oh God, Schrödinger's Rapist again? We've already settle that in the Elevatorgate threads.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:46:03 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1472 on: September 22, 2013, 11:45:29 pm »
--Mod Mode On--

Take it to Flame and Burn, please.  That way you can argue to your heart's content.

--Mod Mode Off--
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:48:19 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1473 on: September 22, 2013, 11:47:22 pm »
Gladly
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

wrightway

« Reply #1474 on: September 22, 2013, 11:56:30 pm »
I'm hoping this is a poe, but:

I wasn't aware diabetes, heart disease, strokes, etc aren't natural causes.

Well, it could be because furniture crafted to hold weight in excess of 200 lbs takes more costly material.

Editing one more time for this little darling: http://mccormcorp.tumblr.com/post/43650795158/todays-fat-girl-rant

So, you want thin girls to die because they had the gall to buy plus sized clothing at the thrift store to repurpose? How sweet.

Enjoy your idiot craft dress. I hope you forget a pin and it stabs you right in the labia.

Well, at least that's not death.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 12:05:32 am by Brain Fritz »

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1475 on: September 22, 2013, 11:59:13 pm »
Everyone's going to die of something.  What, do people want to die of nothing?

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1476 on: September 23, 2013, 12:30:37 am »
Just because something is in your size doesn't mean that it belongs to you. If a smaller person wants to buy something used and redesign it to fit them then that's their business. Stop being a little shit and get over it.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1477 on: September 23, 2013, 12:52:25 am »
I'm at the point where I really don't give a shit which definition of "racism" is used, provided that the individual is being reasonable about it and not derailing discussions in arguments over semantics.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1478 on: September 23, 2013, 08:22:37 am »
I'm at the point where I really don't give a shit which definition of "racism" is used, provided that the individual is being reasonable about it and not derailing discussions in arguments over semantics.

But...semantic pissing matches are such fun!  I'd jump into the water, myself, but I don't have any swimming trunks.  Plus, I hear the water hasn't been properly cleaned in some time.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1479 on: September 24, 2013, 07:46:51 am »

... seriously?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1480 on: September 24, 2013, 11:27:31 am »
Less able doesn't mean impossible you little shit.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1481 on: September 24, 2013, 02:38:51 pm »
I'm diagnosed with ADHD and all I can say is

START FUCKING PAYING ATTENTION!

... :)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1482 on: September 24, 2013, 04:59:06 pm »

... seriously?

Sorry, wasn't paying attention. What were we talking about?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1483 on: September 24, 2013, 05:14:26 pm »
I don't have ADHD.  I just have IDGAF.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1484 on: September 24, 2013, 05:22:01 pm »
I've actually heard that sometimes, Aspergers gets misdiagnosed as ADHD :B I have no idea if that's true or not.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet