Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548386 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1545 on: September 28, 2013, 02:30:13 am »
DoB is a nice guy.

Though, if sex is a service that you provide in exhange of a payment and you've just been paid for said service then you do owe sex to someone. Unless you refund them or something.

Seriosly though, a good advice from DoB.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1546 on: September 28, 2013, 07:34:20 am »
Intelligence can't be accurately quantified anyways.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1547 on: September 28, 2013, 09:09:39 pm »
Intelligence doesn't even have a well-agreed definition, so of course it's going to be difficult to quantize it accurately. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's more a vector than a scalar.

Still, whatever it is IQ tests measure, there's significant evidence that they measure something, and that something has some correlation with intelligence. A test doesn't have to be perfect to be useful, if given the proper weight.

To paraphrase a quote, the source of which I've forgotten: if you can't measure what really matters, you measure what you can and hope it turns out to be relevant.
Σא

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1548 on: September 29, 2013, 12:08:18 am »
I've taken the IQ test a few times and always gotten 130, but some areas are consistently much higher than the average while relatively low, so the average score is a little misleading.

Unfortunately, the test results were also used by my school district to "prove" that I was supposedly "too smart" to have a learning disability.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1549 on: September 29, 2013, 12:26:04 am »
IQ tests can provide a fairly accurate (if imperfect) prediction of a person's adeptness in a variety of areas, but there are a couple things to keep in mind:

1) An IQ test can only be considered usefull if it's standardized, accepted by the academic community, and administered by someone who is properly trained. Online IQ tests are fun to play around with and compare with friends, but they're not particularly meaningful.

2) The further someone deviates from the norm, the less accurate the results will be. Once you get over the 150s, the scores start to become pretty meaningless, with the only real result being "this person is really fucking smart".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:32:48 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1550 on: September 29, 2013, 12:26:05 am »
That reminds me for some god-forsaken reason I had to take an IQ test to prove I needed help from the disability office at college as well as just simple placement. Even tho my disability is not only in my head but physically as well.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1551 on: September 29, 2013, 01:36:53 am »
I've taken the IQ test a few times and always gotten 130, but some areas are consistently much higher than the average while relatively low, so the average score is a little misleading.

Unfortunately, the test results were also used by my school district to "prove" that I was supposedly "too smart" to have a learning disability.

I tested high on an IQ score (Though the exact number escapes me, as it was quite a few years ago), but I was still confirmed to have a specific learning disability in Math. 

I think it depends on how your scores (and the area they're in) stack up to the average of people around you in the same age/grade level.   Beyond college in most, but bloody 6th grade level in math.  Blargh.

I think IQ (at least how I understand it) is measured mostly by the amount of information you can take in, retain, and spit back out again.   I'm probably wrong though as I've not really had to think about it much.  I don't give it much credence to the actual 'intelligence' of a person or lack of.  I've seen geniuses that were dumber than bags of hammers.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1552 on: September 29, 2013, 02:40:33 am »

I tested high on an IQ score (Though the exact number escapes me, as it was quite a few years ago), but I was still confirmed to have a specific learning disability in Math. 

I think it depends on how your scores (and the area they're in) stack up to the average of people around you in the same age/grade level.   Beyond college in most, but bloody 6th grade level in math.  Blargh.

I think IQ (at least how I understand it) is measured mostly by the amount of information you can take in, retain, and spit back out again.   I'm probably wrong though as I've not really had to think about it much.  I don't give it much credence to the actual 'intelligence' of a person or lack of.  I've seen geniuses that were dumber than bags of hammers.

Also there are some geniuses who lack practical skills, such as the drive to actually organize themselves and use their wits to achieve something. Some of them focus only on their strengths and neglect anything they are average or below-average at, which results in an unbalanced skill set unsuited for most jobs. And since many schools and employers prefer well-rounded prospects, this can shut them out of many opportunities.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1553 on: September 29, 2013, 02:44:42 am »
Also there are some geniuses who lack practical skills, such as the drive to actually organize themselves and use their wits to achieve something. Some of them focus only on their strengths and neglect anything they are average or below-average at, which results in an unbalanced skill set unsuited for most jobs. And since many schools and employers prefer well-rounded prospects, this can shut them out of many opportunities.

This, everything you've said here, is my weakness in life.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1554 on: September 29, 2013, 03:20:36 am »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1555 on: September 29, 2013, 03:35:12 am »
Quick, talk to her!
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1556 on: September 29, 2013, 04:13:15 am »
Damn. Do these people really mot realize the irony of claiming to represent the oppressed while at the same time hating someone simply for what they are? What does it take to even inflict that level of hostility?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1557 on: September 29, 2013, 08:27:13 am »
I dunno my exact IQ number, I could never be arsed to take the exam.  I do, however, remember when I met my first psychiatrist when I was in...4th grade, methinks.  The first thing he did was give me a general intelligence test, and the results said I was college level in most aspects, while still being in elementary school.  Make of that what you will.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1558 on: September 29, 2013, 01:07:11 pm »

This, everything you've said here, is my weakness in life.

Me too, when you get down to it.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1559 on: September 29, 2013, 01:11:32 pm »
Damn. Do these people really mot realize the irony of claiming to represent the oppressed while at the same time hating someone simply for what they are? What does it take to even inflict that level of hostility?

It's the strange condition in being "not the smartest bunny in the meadow".