Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548151 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1575 on: October 01, 2013, 06:16:13 pm »
I'm just going to throw into this thread all the people who think that PMS is a socially constructed illness and that people who suffer from it just have all their symptoms "in their head" because they've been brainwashed by the patriarchy. The irony of statements like these is that, historically speaking, PMS wasn't regarded as a legitimate problem until relatively recently because doctors assumed they were making it up.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1576 on: October 01, 2013, 08:17:47 pm »
I'm just going to throw into this thread all the people who think that PMS is a socially constructed illness and that people who suffer from it just have all their symptoms "in their head" because they've been brainwashed by the patriarchy. The irony of statements like these is that, historically speaking, PMS wasn't regarded as a legitimate problem until relatively recently because doctors assumed they were making it up.

The Patriarchy actually genetically engineered woman to have PMS as part of their supression campaign.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1577 on: October 01, 2013, 10:57:03 pm »

This is ignoring the fact that Frozen is based on a Danish fairy tale (which I forgot its name. Was it The Ice Queen? The Snow Queen?) and there is no white-washing involved. No only where there no African peoples in Denmark at the time of its settings (like there are no non-whites in Brave and no non-Chinese people in Mulan), having a Black princess like in The Princess and the Frog (whose settling was in New Orleans, Louisiana, foreign to the original and conventional settings) would be impractical in this setting since Blacks cannot handle colder climates as easily as we Whites and even Asians.

Fans of the Disney Canon (and even "Non-canon", since the Walt Disney Company refuses to remember the failures of films like The Black Cauldron, Atlantis: The Lost Empire and Treasure Planet) are seriously getting worked up over another "White" Princess, when she is once again from Denmark a damn long time ago? And in a climate where the sun doesn't shine as often and its usually cold?

Also, nice watermark, whoever edited the image to adjust to a bunch of insipid complaints.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1578 on: October 01, 2013, 11:32:01 pm »
Also, it makes perfect thematic sense for a snow-related character to be very pale with very light hair and blue eyes. Just like having someone related to fire would probably be a redhead, and someone related to the elemental force of Tumblr would be an obese, genderfluid white person (biologically female) who claims to be a POC with fifteen headmates who is part wolf.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1579 on: October 02, 2013, 12:06:08 am »
Also, it makes perfect thematic sense for a snow-related character to be very pale with very light hair and blue eyes. Just like having someone related to fire would probably be a redhead, and someone related to the elemental force of Tumblr would be an obese, genderfluid white person (biologically female) who claims to be a POC with fifteen headmates who is part wolf.

I think I see what's going on here. They're confusing elemental snow character with an elemental special snow flake character.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1580 on: October 02, 2013, 12:15:14 am »

Apparently I'm a lesbian with internalized heteronormative scripts.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1581 on: October 02, 2013, 12:26:09 am »

The human brain runs scripts? Like a computer? How many gigs megs is your brain?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1582 on: October 02, 2013, 12:32:55 am »
I think they're implying that bisexual women are basically lesbians who are brainwashed by society into believing that they're not supposed to like girls, so they're so warped that they try to trick themselves into being attracted to the evil patriarchy.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1583 on: October 02, 2013, 12:33:50 am »
Also note that according to that post female bisexuals are just victims of heteronormativity but male bisexuals are EVIL men who want to dominate women even if they aren't sexually compatible...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1584 on: October 02, 2013, 12:35:11 am »

How the ever loving fuck is being attracted to two genders heteronormative?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1585 on: October 02, 2013, 12:40:32 am »
Also note that according to that post female bisexuals are just victims of heteronormativity but male bisexuals are EVIL men who want to dominate women even if they aren't sexually compatible...

Because bi men in gay relationships don't exist! Apparently.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1586 on: October 02, 2013, 12:41:44 am »

I guess they just think that gay men are confused tools of the patriarchy trying to control each other by accident.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1587 on: October 02, 2013, 12:55:59 am »

Well that post did specifically say that bisexuals don't exist...

I really don't get the whole Bi-bashing that occurs in the GLBT circles. Usually "heteronormativity" gets thrown a lot in those complaints, like complaining that a bisexual person in a relationship with a person of different gender is somehow betraying the GLBT since he/she will benefit from heteronormativity and is "hiding" from the harassment and discrimination the others must face.

Am I the only one who finds ironic that there are people who start from: "We are different from you. We have the right to be different than you and should not be discriminated simply because we do not fit your norms." And end up discriminating other who do not fit THEIR norms and standards... "Everyone must live by the standards I have set because that is the only way to be free from the constraints of heteronormativity."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1588 on: October 02, 2013, 01:06:24 am »

I guess they just think that gay men are confused tools of the patriarchy trying to control each other by accident.

One radscum argument about gay men and men in same-sex relationships said something along the lines of, "They are inherently diseased because it approximates patriarchal power structures." Despite the fact that evidence shows same-sex relationships are more likely to be egalitarian in the distribution of relationship roles and household chores, etc., than opposite-sex relationships.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1589 on: October 02, 2013, 08:04:12 am »

The human brain runs scripts? Like a computer? How many gigs megs is your brain?

More importantly, what language?  Python?  Lua?  JavaScript?  VBScript?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.