Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548383 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1995 on: November 28, 2013, 09:59:22 pm »
*joins hug*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1996 on: November 28, 2013, 10:16:20 pm »
If that's how you want to view yourself, then I won't stop you (though I still believe you aren't it isn't my place to tell you how to do things). You're still someone I love, regardless of anything else.

And, thanks guys. It... it has caused a lot of problems when it comes to relationships (even friendships), trust, and intimacy. But I don't want to make this about me or anything. I do appreciate the sympathy, tho.

Consent is extremely important. It is so very important. And unfortunately some people never have the chance to consent.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1997 on: November 28, 2013, 10:42:17 pm »
Exactly what I meant up there.  They know just enough about it, and having all those hormones flying around and peer pressure and woowooheeeheeeyowza!

Somebody's getting knocked up or worse if they're not careful.

I kinda feel grateful that sex with anyone never even crossed my mind my whole teen life.  Or beyond, really.

I wonder if something's weird with my brain sometimes. 

No more than anyone else; asexuality is just a normal as sexuality, just another brand of person.

As for me, back in school I, to an extent, did want sex, but at the same time I hated the very concept of intimacy.  Allowing someone that close, even if it was a purely physical thing, was repulsive to me...not for any religious reasons, I simply regarded it as yet another weakness, a desire to be excised from my mind like most of my emotions were at the time.  I hated humans that much, and while it is sad that I was that way, I'm glad that I'm not, anymore.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1998 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:33 am »
*sigh...* it's hard... not to view myself as broken.  Especially with my... ... proclivities.

... Let me put it this way.  I was wracked with so much guilt when I was 13 that I tried castrating myself.  Twice.  Never did go through with it, but I seriously considered doing so nonetheless.

So it's hard to come to grips with.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #1999 on: November 29, 2013, 03:31:48 pm »
*Hugs Cerim*

(Booker too if he doesn't have bad blood towards me)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2000 on: November 30, 2013, 04:06:35 am »
It's appreciated, regardless. I rarely if ever hold grudges over one-off arguments. I'm already angry enough at everything. No point having a hair-trigger temper. lol

*hugs Cerim though* Understandable. No worries.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2001 on: December 02, 2013, 12:22:10 am »
*Walks in randomly and hugs everyone.*

Also:

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2002 on: December 02, 2013, 12:52:47 am »
Aww yiss, hugs! <3

Also lol intersectionality what the fuck is that anyways?

&

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2003 on: December 02, 2013, 01:03:02 am »
It's the study of how different forms of oppression can intersect with each other (like racism and classism).

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2004 on: December 02, 2013, 02:59:28 am »

Yeah, way to just erase the racial, ethnic, class, religious, etc. discrimination that has taken place all over the world since the dawn of mankind. The dynamics of racism in the west can largely be traced back to the "Caucasoid/Mongoloid/Negroid" theory but -- surprise -- the west doesn't represent the entire planet.

Not to mention that the whole "PoC lived in magical bliss until white people corrupted them" is condescending towards non-whites, making every other culture sound simplistic and childlike. Believe it or not, white people aren't the only ones with complex politics and cultural norms.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:08:12 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2005 on: December 02, 2013, 03:18:40 am »
It's the study of how different forms of oppression can intersect with each other (like racism and classism).

I was being sarcastic I should've been more clear.

Yeah, way to just erase the racial, ethnic, class, religious, etc. discrimination that has taken place all over the world since the dawn of mankind. The dynamics of racism in the west can largely be traced back to the "Caucasoid/Mongoloid/Negroid" theory but -- surprise -- the west doesn't represent the entire planet.

Not to mention that the whole "PoC lived in magical bliss until white people corrupted them" is condescending towards non-whites, making every other culture sound simplistic and childlike. Believe it or not, white people aren't the only ones with complex politics and cultural norms.

BUT BUT 17TH CENTURY. WHITE PEOPLE INVENTED RACISM!!!

&

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2006 on: December 02, 2013, 03:46:26 am »

Anonymous is basically correct. Racism is early modern; there was no racism in Ancient Rome, for instance. There was a lot of classism in Rome, sure- but class is actually a thing that exists. Racial categories are not actually objectively existent at all, as we all know. They were constructed for political and industrial reasons in the 15th and 16th centuries, much as Biological Racism was devised for Nationalist reasons in the 19th century.

Nor is, as far as I can see, s/he arguing that Africa was a perfect wonderland until white people turned up. It was a lot better, I don't think that's in doubt, but obviously there was war, crime and so on, in the same way there was in Europe (but, probably, less so). That's the point though: like in Europe. Unlike today, Africa was not much worse off than Europe until Europeans turned up and made it so.

I think, in short, that you're being quite unfair.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2007 on: December 02, 2013, 04:00:54 am »
Anonymous is basically correct. Racism is early modern; there was no racism in Ancient Rome, for instance.

Barbarbarbarbarbarbarbarbarbarbarbarbarbarbarbar
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2008 on: December 02, 2013, 04:37:46 am »
*gigglesnorts* Yeah, okay.

&

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2009 on: December 02, 2013, 05:06:04 am »
Fred: Like I said, modern western dynamics go back to the three race theory, and there has been a ton of carry-over into other parts of the world thanks to colonialism and globalization. This, however, is just one of many forms of ethnic-based prejudice that have taken place throughout the history of mankind, much of which has influenced cultural dynamics in other regions independent of white influence. People have been inventing categories for humans and using them as an excuse to treat others like shit from the moment we gained sapience. When you single out the social dynamics we refer to as "racism" in the west and try to set them into their own special category, as if it's the primary and most harmful prejudice the world over, despite all of these issues stemming from the same source -- the human propensity for prejudice -- it downplays the significance of other cultures' histories, social dynamics, and the hardships those people have faced.

It's Eurocentric as fuck, and kinda ends up becoming some kind of weird white guilt version of "mighty whitey".
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:27:02 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)