Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548545 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2055 on: December 17, 2013, 10:46:14 am »
So it seems "bromance" is now oppressive.

And yeah, you read right: they cited "because is ruins my gay slash pairings" as a reason for it being oppressive.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2056 on: December 17, 2013, 03:31:22 pm »
a lot of poc get frustrated with some rather boomerang bigots like Herman Cain or Michelle Malkin or George Zimmerman

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2057 on: December 17, 2013, 11:16:31 pm »
So it seems "bromance" is now oppressive.

And yeah, you read right: they cited "because is ruins my gay slash pairings" as a reason for it being oppressive.

• I don't like it and therefore no one else should use it.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2058 on: December 18, 2013, 05:01:55 am »
Bromance is problematic in that it assumes other male on male affection is homosexual in nature and therefore icky. Heretik posted (somewhere else on the interwebs) an interesting piece on how the animadversion to affection between men and the need to constantly euphemise it as "bromance" in order to assert heteronormativity is detrimental to all men.

With that said, "because is ruins my gay slash pairings" is one of those stupid shit expect from fandom bloggers.

That's not what signal boost means.

My first thought when seeing that posts. But I've seen people use QFT in the wrong context, so it really shouldn't really phase me as much.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:16:11 am by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2059 on: December 18, 2013, 07:07:32 am »
I actually see bromance as a response to the idea that any affection between men is gay. There's still the cultural need to clarify that it isn't gay, but at least it's recognizing that such a thing is possible.

Part of the problem is that there's a standard jab that if two unrelated people are spending a lot of time together, they must be fucking. It's there regardless of gender. And in fact it's strongest if it's a man and a woman.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2060 on: December 18, 2013, 09:58:55 am »
I use bromance for relationships between two guys, one guy one girl, two girls, etc., But I might be weird that way.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #2061 on: December 18, 2013, 02:23:43 pm »
That's not what signal boost means.

And it's not the first time I've seen that specific post. I still feel like it's a poe.

I remember that blog. They also posted this:

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2062 on: December 18, 2013, 03:01:28 pm »
Yeah, that's a really Poe-like post. It hits pretty much every point there is with crazy social justice weirdos ("transfat", engaging in strange and disruptive behaviors that also happen to be more than a little silly, "tone and language policing", which happens to be a trigger and causes a panic attack, a regular person having a problem with their behavior, and a funny ending about "precious calories").
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2063 on: December 18, 2013, 07:48:52 pm »
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I DON’T CARE IF IT’S FANTASY AND YOU’RE COSPLAYING A DARK ELF OR SOME SHIT YOU DON’T PAINT YOUR SKIN BLACK OR BROWN OR YELLOW IF YOU ARE WHITE

NO IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS BEING GROSSED OUT BY FURRIES WHAT THE FUCK

blackface girl isn’t in her racist bodypaint today thank fuck

This was posted on Tumblr (presented in chronological order) by a girl who came to a con I was at (Holiday Matsuri in Kissimmee), in relation to a femme-ish Holiday Jarlaxle cosplayer.

This is Jarlaxle:

Clearly, the drow are the African-Americans of our time.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2064 on: December 18, 2013, 11:41:11 pm »
I use bromance for relationships between two guys, one guy one girl, two girls, etc., But I might be weird that way.

Well if it is supposed to refer to a very tight friendship rather than anything romantic then I guess it would make sense to use it regardless of genders even if it originally was for friendship between two guys specifically.

As for that Drow face-paint thing... Would they get equally mad over people cosplaying green skinned orks or Na'vi from Avatar or something? Besides dark elves in most settings are specifically BLACK (or sometimes grey or blue) not the brownish dark colours that humans have (well some africans really have quite black skin but I don't think even they get as black as the drow in forgotten realms are sometimes depicted as.)

And WOW those pics I found are huge so I put them behind a spoiler. They still don't look like any colours I've seen on healthy humans.
(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2065 on: December 19, 2013, 11:23:19 am »
A post I saw on tumblr about the whole drow/dark-elf thing hit the nail on the head that:

If you think this:

Is as offensive as THIS:

Then you're not paying attention.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2066 on: December 19, 2013, 11:54:35 am »
I found a picture of the actual person doing Holiday Jarlaxle from the con.

Clearly, with her pointed ears and red eyes, she's a black person.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2067 on: December 19, 2013, 12:01:37 pm »
Geez.  That's ridiculous to equate that with blackface.  I swear, some people want to make something out of obviously nothing.  Do they get their rocks off on it or what?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2068 on: December 19, 2013, 12:57:06 pm »
Geez.  That's ridiculous to equate that with blackface.  I swear, some people want to make something out of obviously nothing.  Do they get their rocks off on it or what?

She's Chinese or Korean as well, and her Tumblr includes some posts making fun of white people (like "lol white people's face when they try our herbal tea"). So she screams in all caps that someone painting themselves to resemble a dark elf is racist, and then starts making rather racist jokes herself.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #2069 on: December 19, 2013, 03:51:32 pm »
It's like that time when a bunch of SJW's got pissed at some black dude for cosplaying dark Link.