Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548335 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2190 on: January 04, 2014, 03:33:10 pm »
Ah.  That's who he is.  Can't say I really care that much.   Never watched Sherlock.  Smaug is a cool-looking dragon, though.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2191 on: January 04, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »
I don't find Cumberbatch very physically attractive, but he does have a sexy voice.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2192 on: January 04, 2014, 06:10:03 pm »
I don't find Cumberbatch very physically attractive, but he does have a sexy voice.

I thought he was a good Smaug.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #2193 on: January 04, 2014, 06:43:58 pm »
I like his acting as well. He's a good Smaug I also like his Sherlock.

I think it's kind of funny how Tumblr SJ types love Cumberbatch despite his history of saying "problematic" things.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2194 on: January 04, 2014, 07:04:11 pm »
He's said some problematic shit beyond the meat eater stuff. But if people want to like him that's fine. So long as they're very much aware how much of an asswipe he is.

As a the saying goes, it's fine if you like problematic things as long as you understand why it's problematic.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2195 on: January 04, 2014, 08:37:10 pm »
I don't think I even know who Benedict Cumberwhatsit is.  I think I feel luckier for that fact.

He is Smaug, Sherlock, and the villain of the latest Star Trek. approximately  all the hetero women love him, and a good portion of the hetero guys.

He was also the narrator of the recent documentary film on Stephen Hawking.

On the subject of "problematic" stuff, I can't find it. I can confirm that if he's ever said anything bad about meat eating, the quote cannot be found by a simple Google search.

Edit: There's a page here detailing the supposedly "problematic" shit. A lot of it is a bad stretch to call it "problematic", like him saying “I know I’m no technical expert but I do love trying to sort of dance with the camera. And he knows I’m a tart for it”. That's not even SLIGHTLY problematic.

I'm also really starting to dislike use of the term "problematic" the more I have to say it in one post.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:41:29 pm by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #2196 on: January 04, 2014, 11:07:33 pm »
Some of those are pretty ignorant, but a lot of them seemed to be taken out of context (like his comment towards Johnny Lee Miller).

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2197 on: January 04, 2014, 11:23:32 pm »
And he had a pretty damn good point about the 2011 London rioters: claiming that it's about socio-economic and political reform when they're really just smashing and robbing innocent people's shit.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2198 on: January 05, 2014, 01:23:39 am »
The only thing in Chitoryu12s link that I could consider "problematic" was this: (About the Victoria Era) "Everyone was held in their place, but what was honourable about it was that there was a duty of care from the top down."

Much like the poster comments, that could be seen as defense of the white man's burden mentality. Though judging from the first part of that sentence, he does not support keeping people as lower class citizens. So basically he is saying that the rich and powerful feeling that it is their duty to help the poor and weak is good... So from that point of view it's not so bad.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2199 on: January 05, 2014, 01:29:40 am »
I'm so used to ignoring Sherlock-related posts on Tumblr that my brain automatically skims over anything that mentions Britishguy Funnyname.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2200 on: January 05, 2014, 01:40:47 am »
Bubblegum Collecta...?

Oh, Benedict Cumberbatch.

Benedict Cumberbatch? don't you mean Bumblebee Cheddarcheese?

Also, it's not from Tumblr, but this guy thinks meat eating and pedophilia are basically the same
Mmmmmm, delicious genocide!

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #2201 on: January 05, 2014, 03:04:44 am »
Bubblegum Collecta...?

Oh, Benedict Cumberbatch.

Benedict Cumberbatch? don't you mean Bumblebee Cheddarcheese?

Also, it's not from Tumblr, but this guy thinks meat eating and pedophilia are basically the same

Not to mention the people in comments trying to support him.

The treatment of animals is deplorable but I think what militant vegans need to understand that rape and mass murder cannot be compared to eating meat because it dehumanizes victims of rape and mass murder.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2202 on: January 05, 2014, 10:13:24 am »
That's the inherent problem in militant veganism, however, they honestly don't see any value in human life.  They exalt all other animals above humans, while screaming for "animal equality."  Let's not forget how they completely ignore numerous scientific facts, like the fact the human mouth is the way it is because we were meant to consume both meat and vegetable matter, because clearly, science and effing reason are part of yet another bloody conspiracy or some shit.

You know what?  Militant vegans are fucking conspiracy theorists.  There's almost zero difference.  They even have their own domestic terrorist organizations.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2203 on: January 05, 2014, 12:26:42 pm »
The only thing in Chitoryu12s link that I could consider "problematic" was this: (About the Victoria Era) "Everyone was held in their place, but what was honourable about it was that there was a duty of care from the top down."

Much like the poster comments, that could be seen as defense of the white man's burden mentality. Though judging from the first part of that sentence, he does not support keeping people as lower class citizens. So basically he is saying that the rich and powerful feeling that it is their duty to help the poor and weak is good... So from that point of view it's not so bad.

He also acknowledged in his quote about the London Riots that, specifically because he's from a very privileged background, he knows that most people he's criticizing would simply ignore him altogether because "no rich boy could ever know what it's like!"

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #2204 on: January 05, 2014, 12:48:21 pm »

"I'm into people of all ages..."

Hopefully those are all ages over the age of consent.

Ladies he's single!

But seriously, what is "dual gendered?"