Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547378 times)

wrightway

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2370 on: January 20, 2014, 02:20:44 pm »
Their "sources" were conspiracy theory pages. It's very likely the anon sent in the reply because they were using conspiracy theory websites like they were legitimate sources. Which in itself is a bit disingenuous of them.

Edit: Okay, I was wrong. They also used the King Center site. I missed that one earlier.

Editedit: Though they are still special snowflakes of the highest caliber.

anonymous asked:

Just tell the white people it hurts their hair. They don't care about racism. It hurts your gat damn hair. IT BREAKS YOUR HAIR. It is not healthy, white people. Bad. Bad for your hair.

No. If they’re racist enough to mat their asshole hair, they deserve it :^)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:29:23 pm by Wrightway »

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #2371 on: January 20, 2014, 02:39:26 pm »
Cultural appropriation, like triggering, is a term that had a very precise definition and as such, was useful and raised valid issues. However, just like triggers, it has been run into the ground so much by tumblrJWs that it has lost any worthwhile meaning in those discussions. They actually lost some of their most powerful tool by trying to use it when it shouldn't have been.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2372 on: January 20, 2014, 04:43:52 pm »
I don't exactly agree with everything shitrichcollegekidssay, but they do make good points most of the time.

One of the few tumblrs I frequent.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2373 on: January 20, 2014, 06:31:58 pm »
A reminder today that Martin Luther King Jr. was assasinated by the US government

Tagged: how far white people will go to uphold white supremacy

Someone responded with: Anonymous asked: i understand that the "martin luther king jr was assassinated by the government" thing is a legitimate conspiracy. this being said, it is still just one of many theories about his death. to present it as fact is misleading. im just hoping people who see that post will check their sources before accepting it as certain.

They blew up, predictably.

What the fuck are you doing in my inbox, gringo? Did you get lost?

Okay, let me get this straight; if you are an oppressed minority you can make any claim you want? And anyone who asks you for proof of the claim you made is entitled and should check their privilege? 

Rational inquiry is fascism. No oppressed minority needs to make sure the things they say are actually true.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2374 on: January 20, 2014, 06:46:25 pm »
A reminder today that Martin Luther King Jr. was assasinated by the US government

Tagged: how far white people will go to uphold white supremacy

Someone responded with: Anonymous asked: i understand that the "martin luther king jr was assassinated by the government" thing is a legitimate conspiracy. this being said, it is still just one of many theories about his death. to present it as fact is misleading. im just hoping people who see that post will check their sources before accepting it as certain.

They blew up, predictably.

What the fuck are you doing in my inbox, gringo? Did you get lost?

Okay, let me get this straight; if you are an oppressed minority you can make any claim you want? And anyone who asks you for proof of the claim you made is entitled and should check their privilege? 

Rational inquiry is fascism. No oppressed minority needs to make sure the things they say are actually true.

You need to work on your Poeing. This sounds too legitimate.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2375 on: January 20, 2014, 06:52:05 pm »
That's sorta the point of poeing, though, isn't it?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2376 on: January 20, 2014, 06:57:52 pm »
That's sorta the point of poeing, though, isn't it?

I thought the point was to take a dump.

What?  What?! Hey, fuck all y'all, I'm funny dammit!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:59:56 pm by Katsuro »

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2377 on: January 22, 2014, 11:49:53 pm »

So many facepalms.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2378 on: January 22, 2014, 11:54:03 pm »
I think the person who wrote that ignorant response needs to start checking THEIR privilege as well...

'Cause clearly, if they feel entitled to spout that sort of trash about other people's cultures, they have more than they think they do.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2379 on: January 22, 2014, 11:57:09 pm »
I couldn't resist posting a response:

And all I read in your post was “I am a white, over-privileged American who doesn’t understand that social dynamics in other parts of the world differ from those in the US.” Dare I say that no one gives a shit about your American tears regarding this issue?

A couple things you might want to keep in mind:

1) The OP never claimed that including PoC in films is a bad thing. She merely asked people to stop speaking on behalf of Sami culture (i.e., the ethnic group people on Tumblr are supposedly standing up for, based on perceived issues with Sami representation in the movie), which is a perfectly reasonable request, and one that you — someone who appears to be a proponent of post-modernist views on prejudice — should damn well understand.

2) Since you appear to not even know who the Sami are: They’re the indigenous peoples of Scandinavia who have historically faced oppression and colonization that shares some similarities with what was done to Natives in North American (including concentrated efforts to wipe out their culture and assimilate them), and still face discrimination & cultural erasure in parts of Europe. An American referring to a Sami’s commentary as “white tears” is every bit as ignorant and erasing as a white person butting into a conversation about racism between PoC to tell them that they “just need to get over it”.

You may want to work on your reading comprehension and try researching an issue before shoving your way into a conversation, lest you look like a massive hypocrite again in the future.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #2380 on: January 23, 2014, 12:21:43 am »
I couldn't resist posting a response:

And all I read in your post was “I am a white, over-privileged American who doesn’t understand that social dynamics in other parts of the world differ from those in the US.” Dare I say that no one gives a shit about your American tears regarding this issue?

A couple things you might want to keep in mind:

1) The OP never claimed that including PoC in films is a bad thing. She merely asked people to stop speaking on behalf of Sami culture (i.e., the ethnic group people on Tumblr are supposedly standing up for, based on perceived issues with Sami representation in the movie), which is a perfectly reasonable request, and one that you — someone who appears to be a proponent of post-modernist views on prejudice — should damn well understand.

2) Since you appear to not even know who the Sami are: They’re the indigenous peoples of Scandinavia who have historically faced oppression and colonization that shares some similarities with what was done to Natives in North American (including concentrated efforts to wipe out their culture and assimilate them), and still face discrimination & cultural erasure in parts of Europe. An American referring to a Sami’s commentary as “white tears” is every bit as ignorant and erasing as a white person butting into a conversation about racism between PoC to tell them that they “just need to get over it”.

You may want to work on your reading comprehension and try researching an issue before shoving your way into a conversation, lest you look like a massive hypocrite again in the future.
Calling the "Sami are white, so they're not POC, so they still have white priviledge lol" response.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2381 on: January 23, 2014, 01:02:05 am »
As was said before, it's a 100% Amero-centric view of racism. A lot of these Tumblr social justice warriors are young Americans who haven't personally witnessed any racism apart from white people vs. non-white people. They haven't heard about Irish oppression outside of history books, but they probably know at least one black person who remembers segregation and modern American history classes are filled to the gills with information on the stuff we put Native Americans through. As far as they're concerned, it's Scott Whitey vs. The World.

I'd be surprised if they've even heard of the ethnic cleansing and discrimination done among Asians, Africans, and Middle Easterners, to say nothing of knowing the discrimination that Sami go through regardless of their skin color.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2382 on: January 23, 2014, 11:20:30 am »
Calling the "Sami are white, so they're not POC, so they still have white priviledge lol" response.

Pretty much:

“I am white and blonde. I look like Kristoff. Most of my Sami friends are also white. We are white.” When this is what the OP is complaining about, I literally cannot give two fucks about them. Sorry. White people do not get to complain about being white. If YOU understood the differences between race and culture and had the reading comprehension you speak so fondly of, you would see that I am not talking about her culture, but her race. So kindly fuck off.

My response:

I’m of mixed race, living in Canada. My non-European ancestors faced assimilation and cultural erasure, leaving my generation without our own cultural identity while still left to face racial issues — so don’t tell me that I don’t understand the difference between race and culture.

And you’re still being an ignorant, Americentric jerk. The OP was — as previously stated — responding to people on Tumblr who claimed to be standing up for the Sami, while ignoring what actually Sami people had to say. The criticisms being passed around were literally things like “The Sami can’t be white, because they’re oppressed” and “This film misrepresents the Sami” and “The Sami look Inuit, they don’t have blonde hair”, and all manner of Americentric, ignorant commentary. The OP had every god damn right to comment as they did, and you, in turn, had every god damn right to shut your mouth and not silence her when she was discussing her own ethnicity, her own culture, and her own experiences.

Do you have any idea how ignorant and over-privileged you look to everyone who lives outside of the US, or has bothered to learn about the world outside of your borders?

Edit: If that’s not clear enough for you, let me put it this way: You literally just told a member of a marginalized minority to “stop crying white tears”. Your statement boiled down to, “You wouldn’t be discriminated against where I live, so your opinion on your own culture, and the issues it faces in your region, don’t matter.”

You are the very definition of white American privilege — so trapped in your own little bubble, relying solely on anecdotes and textbook definitions delivered in a sterilized academic setting to teach you about what it’s like to face discrimination, that you can’t process experiences that don’t mimic your own. Worse yet, you aren’t even willing to try to understand. And that, my dear, makes you  a colossal hypocrite.

She also posted this:

I am so tired of people coming for me with this whole “White people being oppressive is only a problem in the United States because white people are being oppressed all over this world” bullshit. Sit the fuck down. You all are tired and sound the exact fucking same.

Prompting this response:

You’re missing the point, jackass. That post referred strictly to the Sami. It had dick all to do with white people as a whole, or any supposed oppression they face (because, surprise — white people as a whole aren’t oppressed, in or out of the US). Quit trying to twist people’s words, admit you’re wrong, and apologize.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2383 on: January 23, 2014, 01:04:23 pm »
It's funny how unaware tumblrites are of their American-centric attitudes. Like not even the right wing ones (who doesn't give a fuck about how things work outside of America) but the left wing tumblrs who try to be more socially aware. There was a post going around about a Muslim leader in Bangladesh slated to be executed for war crimes during the the  Bangladesh and Pakistan civil war. And the post made it appear as though he was being executed for being a Muslim and it was a case of western style Islamophobia. It's just that Bangladesh is currently a Muslim majority country and the man in question had authorized the rape and murder of Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists alike. Yet they still act as though it was White Americans mistreating Muslim Americans because they can't see how else it would work.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2384 on: January 23, 2014, 05:36:42 pm »
Yup, they're fundies.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.