Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548283 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2460 on: February 01, 2014, 08:21:54 pm »
I think this is one of those situations where context and intent is hugely important. Jacking off a horse/bull/whathaveyou to collect its semen for AI? Yeah, that's gross but it's not morally wrong. There's some other factor besides "I just really get off from it": maybe you're having the sperm frozen and shipped across the country because it's easier to more than the whole animal. Jacking off a horse/bull/whathaveyou and doing... other things with the semen (I remember a story about a guy who loved to drink horse splooge especially after he'd dipped his dick in it, contact Encyclopedia Dramatica for more into and your local bartender for brain bleach)? Yeah, that's both gross and morally wrong.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2461 on: February 01, 2014, 09:51:46 pm »

What is this I don't even.......
Let me guess, a "transspecies" person wrote that...

I dunno but probably.

Dakota Bob: they also sometimes call themselves 'trans species' since I guess they figure it gives them more credence than 'otherkin'.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2462 on: February 01, 2014, 09:53:54 pm »
So... sexual desires are somehow inherently worse than the desire to cut costs when breeding animals? How does the intent of the guy jerking off the horse in any way alter the impact it has on the actual animal? I mean, if it's the actual animal we're concerned about here, and not just protecting our own delicate sensibilities, shouldn't we be basing this on the harm it does to them versus our own ideas concerning abstract concepts like "intent"? 'cause I seriously doubt the horse cares why it's being jerked off.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2463 on: February 02, 2014, 10:22:42 am »
So... sexual desires are somehow inherently worse than the desire to cut costs when breeding animals?

I...well...yes.  Seriously, is that post just you taking the piss?  Please tell me you're taking the piss.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2464 on: February 02, 2014, 11:51:06 am »
It would be less gross and awkward for both the animal and the care taker, and maybe kinder to the male animal whose sperm is being harvested, if they used a female animal analog dummy with the collection vial inside it. That is actually done in some circumstances.

If we're going to continue keeping animals in zoos and trying to breed the most efficiently productive meat animals, we're gonna have to accept that we do odd things to animals to maintain those activities. Treating those animals with as much respect for their well being as is possible is the ethical course to take.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2465 on: February 02, 2014, 01:27:42 pm »
It would be less gross and awkward for both the animal and the care taker, and maybe kinder to the male animal whose sperm is being harvested, if they used a female animal analog dummy with the collection vial inside it. That is actually done in some circumstances.

And considering what the current discussion is about, I'm suddenly reminded of Pasiphaë, the mother of the minotaur, and the method of how she became the mother of the minotaur.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2466 on: February 02, 2014, 02:11:46 pm »
Actually, Antechrist is raising some good points about the decisions we make. Is the view against bestiality and zoophilia due to it being harmful to the animal 100% of the time? A lot of the potential actions involved in it aren't harmful to the animal at all, and some cases (like going all Catherine the Great) are more harmful to the human. Some things in bestiality are almost identical to what is done to gather sperm from the animals for scientific reasons, with the intent being what makes it different. In which case, you have to admit that you're only wanting to make it illegal because you basically find it creepy. And you can't really say that the animals suffer psychological scarring; their brains operate on an entirely different level from ours, and an animal's idea of sexuality and sexual intercourse is nothing like our own.

So the big question is whether we're trying to make it illegal due to it actually being a 100% harmful act, or because it offends our moral sensibilities. I think the answer starts to become a bit more clear when people want to shift the subject away from the discussion because they find it "too creepy".
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2467 on: February 02, 2014, 03:15:07 pm »

How very compassionate of you.

Do they not realize how insulting this can? be to trans people?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2468 on: February 02, 2014, 04:06:28 pm »

How very compassionate of you.

Because animals never kill other animals.  It'd be like the bullshit Garden of Eden without us humans going around fucking and killing.

If they do, they don't care.  Transsexuals are oppressive because their problems are real, and not in the realm of quasi-intellectual hob-knobbery.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2469 on: February 02, 2014, 04:22:04 pm »

Wow okay, so pretending you're an animal is totes a serious issue now?

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2470 on: February 02, 2014, 04:35:27 pm »

I hope this bitch ends up homeless for a few months. Then she'll be eating her words...

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2471 on: February 02, 2014, 04:59:55 pm »

Wow okay, so pretending you're an animal is totes a serious issue now?

*fistbumps Dakota* Bunnie is best Freedom Fighter.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2472 on: February 02, 2014, 06:20:15 pm »
Actually, Antechrist is raising some good points about the decisions we make. Is the view against bestiality and zoophilia due to it being harmful to the animal 100% of the time? A lot of the potential actions involved in it aren't harmful to the animal at all, and some cases (like going all Catherine the Great) are more harmful to the human. Some things in bestiality are almost identical to what is done to gather sperm from the animals for scientific reasons, with the intent being what makes it different. In which case, you have to admit that you're only wanting to make it illegal because you basically find it creepy. And you can't really say that the animals suffer psychological scarring; their brains operate on an entirely different level from ours, and an animal's idea of sexuality and sexual intercourse is nothing like our own.

So the big question is whether we're trying to make it illegal due to it actually being a 100% harmful act, or because it offends our moral sensibilities. I think the answer starts to become a bit more clear when people want to shift the subject away from the discussion because they find it "too creepy".

Pretty much this. I don't believe this is the great civil rights issue of our time nor am I particularly invested in whether or not we let some guy jerk off a horse for sexual gratitude, but it's difficult to ignore the questionable nature of the arguments being made for why one intent is okay while another isn't.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2473 on: February 02, 2014, 06:27:10 pm »

If they do, they don't care.  Transsexuals are oppressive because their problems are real, and not in the realm of quasi-intellectual hob-knobbery.

They've actually claimed before that transsexual people have privilege over 'otherkin' because there is no such thing as 'species reassignment surgery'.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2474 on: February 02, 2014, 06:28:03 pm »
Pretty sure no one is beating up and murdering otherkin for merely existing.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)