Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547966 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2580 on: February 08, 2014, 11:15:58 pm »
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:17:06 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

shykid

« Reply #2581 on: February 08, 2014, 11:46:06 pm »
Shit just got μετα up in here.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2582 on: February 09, 2014, 03:30:26 am »
Tumblr seems to be redefining privilege as "I'm jealous and want to validate my jealousy by crying PRIVILEGE whenever I'm jealous of somebody."

It's more like 'I'm too lazy to make any kind of effort, even towards things I really want, so instead, whenever I hear about other people getting these things, I insist that they have an unfair advantage.'
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2583 on: February 09, 2014, 04:53:01 am »
I was discussing pronouns with a friend and they came up with a really cool idea. This is especially awesome if you want pronouns that aren’t made up of other pronouns or want people to remember your name rather than your assigned birth name. name/names/nameself so for instance, I’d be Aly, Alys, Alyself since that’s my nickname. It sounds better with shorter name or nicknames, but I thought it was really cool!

Oh my god im so happy
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #2584 on: February 09, 2014, 06:01:59 am »
I was discussing pronouns with a friend and they came up with a really cool idea. This is especially awesome if you want pronouns that aren’t made up of other pronouns or want people to remember your name rather than your assigned birth name. name/names/nameself so for instance, I’d be Aly, Alys, Alyself since that’s my nickname. It sounds better with shorter name or nicknames, but I thought it was really cool!

Oh my god im so happy
That's it people, we've hit on the singularity. By trying to create the perfect pronoun, they destroyed the very idea of pronouns.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2585 on: February 09, 2014, 09:55:23 am »
We have approached Singularity.  All will become one.  Survival outside the Singularity is impossible.  Join us and live.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #2586 on: February 09, 2014, 10:06:36 am »
Tumblr seems to be redefining privilege as "I'm jealous and want to validate my jealousy by crying PRIVILEGE whenever I'm jealous of somebody."

It's more like 'I'm too lazy to make any kind of effort, even towards things I really want, so instead, whenever I hear about other people getting these things, I insist that they have an unfair advantage.'

And this is why we can never have nice things.  Whenever there is actual injustice in the world, when people start to try to fight against it, people who are unaffected by it want to ride on its coattails for the attention.  Therefore, pretty much all actual suffering is inevitably de-legitimized by those who use that suffering as a platform to whine about their own, much more petty, problems.  And those who stand to benefit by maintaining the status quo are all too happy to point out the grandstanders as representatives of the movement, using them as evidence that nothing needs to be done.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2587 on: February 09, 2014, 11:12:18 am »
We have approached Singularity.  All will become one.  Survival outside the Singularity is impossible.  Join us and live.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #2588 on: February 09, 2014, 11:37:15 am »
Noooo! I'm an individual! You'll never get me al...

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2589 on: February 09, 2014, 12:35:02 pm »
Noooo! I'm an individual! You'll never get me al...

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but this muffin sure is tasty.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2590 on: February 09, 2014, 02:02:18 pm »
And then FQA was a singularity.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2591 on: February 09, 2014, 02:22:32 pm »
I was discussing pronouns with a friend and they came up with a really cool idea. This is especially awesome if you want pronouns that aren't made up of other pronouns or want people to remember your name rather than your assigned birth name. name/names/nameself so for instance, I'd be Aly, Alys, Alyself since that’s my nickname. It sounds better with shorter name or nicknames, but I thought it was really cool!

I can't help but wonder if they've tried to use this in an actual conversation, realised they ended up repeating their name a lot, considered using some other word instead, and finally achieved enlightenment regarding pronouns and their purpose.

I can dream.
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2592 on: February 09, 2014, 03:48:05 pm »
I was discussing pronouns with a friend and they came up with a really cool idea. This is especially awesome if you want pronouns that aren't made up of other pronouns or want people to remember your name rather than your assigned birth name. name/names/nameself so for instance, I'd be Aly, Alys, Alyself since that’s my nickname. It sounds better with shorter name or nicknames, but I thought it was really cool!

I can't help but wonder if they've tried to use this in an actual conversation, realised they ended up repeating their name a lot, considered using some other word instead, and finally achieved enlightenment regarding pronouns and their purpose.

I can dream.

Being efficient is inherently ableist.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2593 on: February 09, 2014, 05:20:59 pm »

I can dream.

Anyone else imagining this and it just sounds like Elmo talking?
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

shykid

« Reply #2594 on: February 09, 2014, 09:18:01 pm »

I can dream.

Anyone else imagining this and it just sounds like Elmo talking?

Elmo doesn't like it when people compare Elmo to SJWs.