Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548357 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2610 on: February 12, 2014, 02:09:17 am »
So, Wil Wheaton made the awful mistake of declaring someone his spirit animal.  SJWs take it upon themselves to call him out, and he explains himself.  Another SJW, pissy that Wil didn't just say 'sorry, won't do it again' responds to his reply, invoking "whitesplaining" and "tone policing".  Wil responds in a less than pleasant manner, and starts a SJW shitstorm.  All over the words 'spirit animal'.

Also, reading through notes of multiple posts about this incident, it strikes me as funny that SJWs bitch about "cis white allies who act like they have an equal voice to minorities", yet have no problems white-knighting for a cause or group that's not their own.  Bonus points if they ignore or argue with members of said cause/group.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2611 on: February 12, 2014, 02:50:42 am »
Just me or are people really fucking extra sensative these days?  I sometimes wonder if it's possible to say anything without offending someone somewhere.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2612 on: February 12, 2014, 03:09:59 am »
It's funny. You can bash Christianity to your heart's content and these people won't bat an eyelid, but even mention a concept from another religion in a less than reverential manner and to say they shit the bed would be the understatement of the century. Superstitious nonsense is superstitious nonsense, regardless of culture of origin. Just because non-Christians came up with the idea of "spirit animals" doesn't suddenly make it less ridiculous or somehow deserving of respect.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2613 on: February 12, 2014, 09:26:52 am »
Hah, I saw that he'd use the phrase "spirit animal" the other day, and just knew it was going to end up becoming a shitstorm.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2614 on: February 12, 2014, 09:39:46 am »
So, Wil Wheaton made the awful mistake of declaring someone his spirit animal.  SJWs take it upon themselves to call him out, and he explains himself.  Another SJW, pissy that Wil didn't just say 'sorry, won't do it again' responds to his reply, invoking "whitesplaining" and "tone policing".  Wil responds in a less than pleasant manner, and starts a SJW shitstorm.  All over the words 'spirit animal'.

Also, reading through notes of multiple posts about this incident, it strikes me as funny that SJWs bitch about "cis white allies who act like they have an equal voice to minorities", yet have no problems white-knighting for a cause or group that's not their own.  Bonus points if they ignore or argue with members of said cause/group.

Tumblr is pretty much full with teenage girls with too high an opinion of themselves. Of course if the people they are "standing up" for dare to disagree with them, they obviously have "internalised misogyny/racism/what the fuck ever"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2615 on: February 12, 2014, 09:43:26 am »
Funny that the alternatives they offer all stuff like patronus and other fictional concepts. I also loved that one reply Wheaton got where the person explains just how stupid this backlash against Wheatons use of "spirit animal" is and how the complainers had completely disregarded all european shamanistic tradition (so they basically were quilty of the crime they accused Wheaton of.)

Also I am reminded of one thing: Patron saints. You find all kinds of crazy-awesome people amongst them. Even though I'm not catholic I'm tempted to go pick a patron saint for myself. BUT I GUESS ONLY WHITE PEPPLE CAN USE THAT TERM!!!!2 I mean it's not like there would be any non-white catholics or orthodox people. Check your privileges PoC.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2616 on: February 12, 2014, 09:46:04 am »
Wait a sec...Wil Wheaton?  As in Wesley Crusher?  Haaaaaaaaaaa.  Excellent response, brother, excellent response.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2617 on: February 12, 2014, 11:48:50 am »
Funny that the alternatives they offer all stuff like patronus and other fictional concepts. I also loved that one reply Wheaton got where the person explains just how stupid this backlash against Wheatons use of "spirit animal" is and how the complainers had completely disregarded all european shamanistic tradition (so they basically were quilty of the crime they accused Wheaton of.)

Also I am reminded of one thing: Patron saints. You find all kinds of crazy-awesome people amongst them. Even though I'm not catholic I'm tempted to go pick a patron saint for myself. BUT I GUESS ONLY WHITE PEPPLE CAN USE THAT TERM!!!!2 I mean it's not like there would be any non-white catholics or orthodox people. Check your privileges PoC.

I recommend St Moses the Black.  I mean just look at this badass motherfucker:

Spoilered for size
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:50:26 am by Katsuro »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2618 on: February 12, 2014, 11:51:47 am »
I follow St. Morgan of Freeman.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2619 on: February 12, 2014, 11:53:20 am »

God himself?  Can you use God as a partron saint?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2620 on: February 12, 2014, 11:55:26 am »

Spoilered for size
(click to show/hide)
Also, he may have been the inspiration for Jules from Pulp Fiction.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2621 on: February 12, 2014, 12:03:32 pm »

Spoilered for size
(click to show/hide)

I wouldn't be too suprised if Tarrantino saw a picture of this guy somewhere and was like, "Damn, he needs to be a character in something!"  I can imagine him working like that.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2622 on: February 12, 2014, 12:56:44 pm »

Isn't he something like the Saint of Saints?  I mean, if we pathetic humans can reach the lofty goal of sainthood, surely the Lord himself can and has achieved it.  It'd be like Nikola Tesla not using lightbulbs.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2623 on: February 12, 2014, 01:10:04 pm »

Isn't he something like the Saint of Saints?

Ah, fair enough.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2624 on: February 12, 2014, 01:31:44 pm »

Spoilered for size
(click to show/hide)

LATIN MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT?