Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548595 times)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2760 on: February 25, 2014, 01:29:14 am »
@ Mlle Antéchrist: Exactly. There is no reason your odor should be so offensive, nor is there is a reason to use products that can be used as an alternative for insecticide; AXE products tested have killed grasshoppers, but those creatures breath by their own skin. AXE products are shit anyway, and I care even less for their advertising campaigns too. I feel like the only people who use AXE products are sexually insecure bastard men.

There is also no reason your ass should be so unclean that there is a shit stain in your underwear that is difficult to remove later on.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2761 on: February 25, 2014, 02:04:02 am »
@ Mlle Antéchrist: Exactly. There is no reason your odor should be so offensive, nor is there is a reason to use products that can be used as an alternative for insecticide; AXE products tested have killed grasshoppers, but those creatures breath by their own skin. AXE products are shit anyway, and I care even less for their advertising campaigns too. I feel like the only people who use AXE products are sexually insecure bastard men.

There is also no reason your ass should be so unclean that there is a shit stain in your underwear that is difficult to remove later on.
Let's save the discussion on environmental ethics for later.
(I don't mean it isn't a worthwhile subject to talk about, it's just it seams like a flame magnet)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2762 on: February 25, 2014, 02:06:36 am »
Me, I don't want to deal with smelling or cleaning up after a shitbutt.  So... if you (general 'you', of course) don't live with me, or I don't have to clean your undies, I don't really care what grody things you do in the privacy of your own home.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2763 on: February 25, 2014, 04:52:01 am »
Unfortunately being gross at home doesn't mean the gross will STAY there. Some smells have that great habit of clinging to fabrics. Anyone who's been smacked in the face with the solid brick wall of odour attached to heavy smokers knows this--some smells just permeate everything and can't be eradicated by any means known to modern science. Sometimes you really can't help it, but if you CAN,  it's kind of bad form to do nothing at all and just expect everyone else to put up with your weapons-grade body odour just because you're too special a snowflake to wash yourself now and then and think a generous spray-down of Febreeze is an acceptable substitute for doing laundry.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2764 on: February 25, 2014, 08:39:56 am »

I use Axe...well, the deodorant (gel, because the other crap cakes on to my hair there and is difficult to wash off when I shower) and body wash.  I don't do the spray mostly out of courtesy for my girlfriend, who is none too keen on cologne, body sprays, and most perfume.

Axe uses sex to sell their shit, but you can barely see a commercial for fucking napkins that isn't sexualized.  Yeah, its kinda fucked up, but its also fucked up that a lot of advertizing depicts men as useless for anything from washing the dishes to cleaning his clothes to taking his kids to soccer practice to anything that doesn't involve a car or a grill.  Both sides of the fence are fucked in advertizing.  Personally, I'd like it if ads stuck strictly to the facts of what their shit does, like "Colgate cleans your fucking teeth, dumbass" or "wash your fucking butthole with Dial soap or you'll smell like a sack of warm manure."  Hell, I'd like it if we got over this whole "cursing" thing and let it into all TV, at the discretion of the networks themselves.  We could use more fucking cursing in god damned, anus-lancing advertizing.  Bitches.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2765 on: February 25, 2014, 11:53:30 am »
There is a difference between social justice and doing whatever the fuck you want. Gender, sexuality, race, class, and disability are things that have profound life long effects and systematically informs and shapes people view and outcomes. Advocating for those things affects the lives of many people.

And then there are people who wants to stink because "fuck the power" and almost always boils down to an individual wanting to get away with something.  It's an unfortunate thing that tumblr has so much of later

P.S. They had toilet paper in Ancient China. So it's not a "western" thing. It's just a hygiene thing.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2766 on: February 25, 2014, 11:54:55 am »
Hell, I'd like it if we got over this whole "cursing" thing and let it into all TV, at the discretion of the networks themselves.  We could use more fucking cursing in god damned, anus-lancing advertizing.  Bitches.

Prada...."cuz fuck you, I'm rich!" :P
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2767 on: February 25, 2014, 04:33:56 pm »
Hell, I'd like it if we got over this whole "cursing" thing and let it into all TV, at the discretion of the networks themselves.  We could use more fucking cursing in god damned, anus-lancing advertizing.  Bitches.

Prada...."cuz fuck you, I'm rich!" :P

Exactly!  Just let 'em come right out and say it.  Sure, it might end up sounding like something straight outta Idiocracy, but it'd get so much bullshit out of the way.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2768 on: February 25, 2014, 04:49:15 pm »
How about diplomacy?

"The Ukrainian Parliament passed a resolution today telling Russian President Vladimir Putin to go fuck himself with a cactus."
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2769 on: February 25, 2014, 05:55:43 pm »
P.S. They had toilet paper in Ancient China. So it's not a "western" thing. It's just a hygiene thing.

Also, humanity has had perfumes since before Christianity was ever a twinkle in someone's eye. At least since the Ancient Egyptians, people have rubbed themselves with perfume, bathed in perfume, and even soaked their clothes in perfume to try and mask the bad smell caused by not getting regular baths. It just wasn't until 1888 that Mum deodorant was trademarked as such a product in Philadelphia and mass produced.

So not only is it not a western thing, it's not a Victorian thing either; humanity has been trying for literally as long as they could to avoid smelling like crap.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2770 on: February 25, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »

Also, humanity has had perfumes since before Christianity was ever a twinkle in someone's eye. At least since the Ancient Egyptians, people have rubbed themselves with perfume, bathed in perfume, and even soaked their clothes in perfume to try and mask the bad smell caused by not getting regular baths. It just wasn't until 1888 that Mum deodorant was trademarked as such a product in Philadelphia and mass produced.

So not only is it not a western thing, it's not a Victorian thing either; humanity has been trying for literally as long as they could to avoid smelling like crap.

So, reading the through the notes again, it seems there are multiple people out there who see this as an honest to god 'body-positive' issue.  Yes, the OP was rude as hell by responding to the SJW with "Bitch you stink" (I didn't quote it), but my god, this isn't some pressing issue of injustice being forced on society by "body shaming" intolerant bigots (yes, someone responded to this by using 'body shaming').  They're crying "intolerance" when people tell them that their shit stinks, in a nearly literal sense.  Maliciously bullying someone for their BO is wrong, but telling someone they smell bad, having a physical reaction because they smell bad, and getting pissed off when they keep doing it or have a self righteous attitude about it, isn't.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2771 on: February 26, 2014, 10:52:10 pm »
I don't really give a shit if someone wants to avoid certain products if they believe they're unhealthy (even if those worries are exaggerated or outright made up in a lot of cases -- not really sure what the current consensus is on pit stick), but the freedom to have smelly armpits is so not a social justice issue.

It's the same with people harping on about tampons. If you don't want to use them, fine, but stop acting like they're an evil conspiracy by the patriarchy.

Speaking of tampons, there are a handful of Tumblr bloggers who are treating "free bleeding" (where women refuse to wear sanitary products and instead let their menstrual blood stain their underwear) like it's a serious movement and not started by 4chan trolls.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2772 on: February 26, 2014, 10:57:56 pm »
I don't really give a shit if someone wants to avoid certain products if they believe they're unhealthy (even if those worries are exaggerated or outright made up in a lot of cases -- not really sure what the current consensus is on pit stick), but the freedom to have smelly armpits is so not a social justice issue.

It's the same with people harping on about tampons. If you don't want to use them, fine, but stop acting like they're an evil conspiracy by the patriarchy.
Speaking of tampons, there are a handful of Tumblr bloggers who are treating "free bleeding" (where women refuse to wear sanitary products and instead let their menstrual blood stain their underwear) like it's a serious movement and not started by 4chan trolls.
They should bleed on congressmen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:07:16 pm by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2773 on: February 27, 2014, 02:24:10 am »
YAY!
I saw a real live TERF*!

(She didn't have anything particularly bad to say, so I won't bother posting her shit.)

*sorry Trans Critical Feminist, totally different!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2774 on: February 27, 2014, 02:37:34 am »
YAY!
I saw a real live TERF*!

(She didn't have anything particularly bad to say, so I won't bother posting her shit.)

*sorry Trans Critical Feminist, totally different!
That reminds me of people who say they're "homocritical, "" homorealistic" or "racial realists."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:38:54 am by Solar Pendra »