Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548686 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2955 on: March 12, 2014, 12:38:14 am »
I love provoking those kinds of reactions from Tumblr's social justice wing.

My response to "horrible ableist slur" would be "well, that's kind of dumb too, isn't it?"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2956 on: March 12, 2014, 12:38:57 am »

My response to "horrible ableist slur" would be "well, that's kind of dumb too, isn't it?"
You fucking retarded mothball!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2957 on: March 12, 2014, 12:55:08 am »
I just read a post where a person innocently asked:

"I hope this isn’t a dumb question… but is it okay for me, as a cishet female, to refer to myself as ‘femme’?"

The answer was:

"First of all, the word ‘dumb’ is a HORRIBLE, ABLEIST SLUR!!!!! Don’t use that word again!!!!"

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I love you, Tumblr!!!!!

I don’t understand this at all. The word ‘dumb’ is an ableist slur, and the person didn’t seem to be throwing any names or anything, just saying not to use it. I don’t understand what’s so horrible or assholish about calling out problematic language calmly when they were completely within their right to not be calm about it.

Tumblr is the place that fundie conservatives think liberals are trying to turn the world into.  That's not a compliment.

Seriously, it's like tumblr is trying to create newspeak by eliminating all negative terms by deeming them offensive.  Someone with a mental disorder pointed out that the new trend of crusading against words like 'stupid', 'idiot', and 'dumb' is harmful because it has to force the association between these insults and mental disability in order for their point to stand.

So true. Most terms for mental disabilities get thrown on the euphemism treadmill sooner or later; it happened with "stupid" and "retarded" and it's happening with "autistic". It must be exhausting to have to constantly come up with new terms for groups society is predisposed to shun, but that's the lot they are cast.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2958 on: March 12, 2014, 09:55:25 am »

Woah, hold on there! My personal pronouns are moth/mothballs/mothself, there's no need to drag us into this!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2959 on: March 12, 2014, 10:36:59 am »

Woah, hold on there! My personal pronouns are moth/mothballs/mothself, there's no need to drag us into this!
So you were mothgendered

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2960 on: March 12, 2014, 07:53:37 pm »
(click to show/hide)

In response:

Yeah, because it’s everyone’s job to educate you and if they’re rude, you are totally justified in spreading misinformation about them. Also, applying this to situations other than the one he is specifically talking about is offensive as fuck and very derailing.

Did you consider that they were sick of the dozenth American asshole saying this shit to them and finally snapped? Did you consider that the British government fucking starved and oppressed Irish people throughout most of recorded history? Did it occur to you that someone said “I’m from this country,” and you responded with “oh, I’m going to visit this completely separate country that colonized and terrorized yours, but I’m going to act like they’re the same!”

Educate yourself or stop whining when people are fed up with your ignorant bullshit. That’s what fucking google is for.

You know, I can understand being pissed with the "deliberate spread of misinformation" thing, but what pisses me off is the double standard SJWs have where, if the 'cause' is right, you can be a nasty piece of shit in response to a simple mistake because you're pissed off, but if they respond to your nastiness with nastiness of their own because they're pissed off, it's somehow completely and utterly wrong.  I also hate how SJWs always insist that you must assume that the reason they're rude and nasty is because they just happened to be one hair away from snapping, and not because they're just unpleasant people.

It seems SJWs on tumblr have a pretty sweet set up going on:  criminalize words like "stupid", "dumb", "idiot", and others to stunt the terms the opposition can use, warp the term "trigger" so they don't have to deal with anything uncomfortable, and warp the term "tone policing" so they have unquestionable license to be as nasty, mean spirited, and spiteful as they want with little to no consequence without actually doing anything constructive other than making themselves feel good.

I can't remember where I heard it, and I don't remember the actual quote, but a saying about the bullied becoming the bullies they've always wanted to be springs to mind.

(God dammit, just came across an essay length post about the word "dumb" and why it's wrong and "intellect privilege", and just fuck tumblr.  Fuck tumblr.)

Edit:  I just realized; I wonder if the "tone policing" SJ crowd will fight with the "'dumb' is wrong" SJ crowd.  After all, arguing that these terms are wrong and "intellect privilege" doesn't seem to mesh well with the "it's not my job to educate you, *insert insult*" philosophy.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:03:18 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2961 on: March 12, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »
(click to show/hide)
lol whoops
EDIT: spoiler'd because big fucking image

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2962 on: March 12, 2014, 09:57:24 pm »
(click to show/hide)
lol whoops
EDIT: spoiler'd because big fucking image
To be honest, while it isn't exactly a shining example of greatness for the Tumblr SJ community, it hardly seems bad enough to be on a thread full of people talking about how men deserve to be raped. 

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2963 on: March 12, 2014, 10:35:40 pm »
http://fuckingsassysprinkles.tumblr.com/post/79192798693/just-a-friendly-reminder-that-u-should-call-ur

Just a friendly reminder that u should call ur animals by gender-neutral or multiple pronouns.  They CAN understand you and YES it is possible for an animal to be trans.  Your cat having a penis does not make it male.  It is straight up animal abuse to deliberately misgender your pets so please do not do it.

What.

What.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:39:53 pm by Solar Pendra »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2964 on: March 12, 2014, 10:38:38 pm »
Oh my god.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2965 on: March 12, 2014, 10:40:06 pm »
http://fuckingsassysprinkles.tumblr.com/post/79192798693/just-a-friendly-reminder-that-u-should-call-ur

Just a friendly reminder that u should call ur animals by gender-neutral or multiple pronouns.  They CAN understand you and YES it is possible for an animal to be trans.  Your cat having a penis does not make it male.  It is straight up animal abuse to deliberately misgender your pets so please do not do it.

Up until now I didn't think these tumblr blogs actually existed. I'm still not sure if I believe their authors are sincere.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2966 on: March 12, 2014, 10:40:33 pm »
The rest of her blog is also batshit insane.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2967 on: March 12, 2014, 10:44:41 pm »

What.

What.
POC. Glittery sissy genderqueer, androgy-femme/glamdrogynous. Demiqueer, multisexual, florasexual. Disabled (ADD and OCD). I check my thin privilege daily. You can ask me questions about my identity but DO NOT POLICE IT. My triggers include blood, red meat, rape/non-consent, molestation, abuse of any sort, objectification of women, racism and ableism. Let me know if I fail at tagging.

Okay, not to bring up flamebait, but I think someone is just giving themselves labels to feel special.
Aslo,  can get the blood thing as that's a real phobia, but red meat? Seriously? Did steak kill your father or something or are you just a wussy?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2968 on: March 12, 2014, 10:44:56 pm »
The rest of her blog is also batshit insane.

I see that...

Look.

Just look.

If a person more oppressed than you says something while venting you cannot be “offended” by it.  Fuck your sensitivities.  It doesn’t matter if you have sources of oppression too.  If you are a white gay man and a genderqueer WOC says you ain’t shit, deal with it.

Like I’m thin, and if a fat person wants to vent about thin people it’s fine.  That’s their right.  They have earned it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2969 on: March 12, 2014, 10:47:14 pm »
IF YOU ARE A WHITE CISHET MEN GET THE FUCK OUT AND NEVER FOLLOW ME. :3 <3

I confess, I am actually two men.