Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548752 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3225 on: April 02, 2014, 12:22:40 pm »
......HOW DO THESE PEOPLE FUNCTION!?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3226 on: April 02, 2014, 12:24:00 pm »
......HOW DO THESE PEOPLE FUNCTION!?
They don't.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3227 on: April 02, 2014, 12:34:55 pm »
I'm in the middle of tearing apart the arguments of a chick on Tumblr trying to argue that the "Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals, Or Whatever" is racist regardless of whether or not it's satire.

Her most profound misunderstanding of reality is that Stephen Colbert making that statement is a character. He's a fictional construct who exists only to mock right-wing pundits and stupid people by essentially being a living, subtle strawman of their antics. So subtle, in fact, that some have even taken him seriously and especially stupid right-wingers have even agreed with his satirical points as if he was a real person stating his real opinion. Stephen Colbert The Character saying something racist is literally no different from the villain in a book saying something racist. He's a caricature.

But then you look at exactly where the joke came from. The owner of the Washington Redskins tried to respond to the constant negative publicity of his team's name being arguably a racial slur by founding the Washington Redskins Foundation for Original Americans. Stephen Colbert's joke about the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals, Or Whatever was calling out Dan Snyder for exactly what you may notice: he's trying to cover his ass about a somewhat racist sports team name by making a foundation to assist them with the same racial slur in its name. It's essentially like someone creating the "Niggers For Freedom Foundation for the Advancement of African-Americans". It's so ironically bad that the guy must not even understand what he's doing wrong.

But this Tumblrina (and almost nobody supporting her; the post only had something like 13 notes at last check and I was two of them) seems to think that even having a fictional character make a racist joke as a way of painting racism in a bad light is bad. I brought up A Modest Proposal and she tried to defend herself with "Well, obviously I didn't think Swift wanted people to eat Irish babies."

Then why the fuck do you think Stephen Colbert is a racist jerk?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3228 on: April 02, 2014, 01:07:01 pm »
Because he's a white man and that's the pinnacle of racism in the minds of these idiots.

Ironbite-never mind the fact that women and POCs can also be just as racist.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3229 on: April 02, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »
Because he's a white man and that's the pinnacle of racism in the minds of these idiots.

Ironbite-never mind the fact that women and POCs can also be just as racist.
Or sexist, or classist, or misogynistic, or homophobic, etc.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #3230 on: April 03, 2014, 03:18:01 pm »

So was Jonathan Swift, at least by modern standards. Clearly the elephant in the room here is Stephen Colbert's Living Privilege. I mean, did you know that the dead have no right to vote, or to claim benefits and pensions? It's a fucking outrage.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3231 on: April 03, 2014, 03:41:56 pm »

BECAUSE WOMEN CANNOT FEEL JOY WHEN MEN ARE AROUND!

Men literally suck the happiness from women with their mere presence.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3232 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:49 pm »

BECAUSE WOMEN CANNOT FEEL JOY WHEN MEN ARE AROUND!

Men literally suck the happiness from women with their mere presence.
That literally made no sense.
Like, does the creator think trans women are all men or something because this is the stupidest shit.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3233 on: April 03, 2014, 03:57:25 pm »
Does anybody remember a time when Sinfest was funny?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3234 on: April 03, 2014, 04:03:41 pm »
No.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3235 on: April 03, 2014, 04:56:43 pm »
No.
I'm sure it was back before it turned into...this.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3236 on: April 03, 2014, 05:40:51 pm »
Wow, I'm such a brainwashed, stupid woman that I didn't realize I wasn't having fun at my guy friend's weekly rp sessions.  Fuck him and the delicious fried chicken and mac & cheese he generously made for us.  Thanks for enlightening me, Sinfest!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3237 on: April 03, 2014, 05:45:14 pm »
Wow, I'm such a brainwashed, stupid woman that I didn't realize I wasn't having fun at my guy friend's weekly rp sessions.  Fuck him and the delicious fried chicken and mac & cheese he generously made for us.  Thanks for enlightening me, Sinfest!
Wow, you ate delicious fried chicken of the patriarchy.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3238 on: April 03, 2014, 06:25:00 pm »
Just found out people are giving the X-Kit guy shit for "ableism" because he felt slapping trigger warnings on tumblr's April Fools video was overblown and overreacting (X-kit is a program similar to Missing E, which gives tumblr a lot of useful features).  Keep in mind that the sjw community also accused him being a racist before . . . and then found out he was from the country he was complaining about and was venting his frustration with it and the people there.

The tumblr social justice community isn't a place of peace, harmony, acceptance, and understanding; it's a crapsaccharine community of stepford smilers who use passive-aggressive tactics to get what they want and where contempt and loathing bubbles just under the surface.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:30:08 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3239 on: April 03, 2014, 06:48:35 pm »
Just found out people are giving the X-Kit guy shit for "ableism" because he felt slapping trigger warnings on tumblr's April Fools video was overblown and overreacting (X-kit is a program similar to Missing E, which gives tumblr a lot of useful features).  Keep in mind that the sjw community also accused him being a racist before . . . and then found out he was from the country he was complaining about and was venting his frustration with it and the people there.

The tumblr social justice community isn't a place of peace and harmony; it's a crapsaccharine community of stepford smilers who use passive-aggressive tactics to get what they want and where loathing bubbles just under the surface.
Well said, Iosa... well said.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:19:01 pm by Solar Pendra »