Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548796 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3375 on: April 16, 2014, 10:35:54 am »
I want to eat turkey, steak, chicken and pork in front of this person, just to see what their reaction would be.

Just go A Clockwork Orange on their arse; strap them to a chair, force open their eyes...and let them watch every episode of Epic Meal Time ever, even the dessert ones.

Perhaps 24 hours of The Food Network.

But won't that be counterproductive? Wasn't the Ludovico Treatment about aversion?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3376 on: April 16, 2014, 05:27:24 pm »
I want to eat turkey, steak, chicken and pork in front of this person, just to see what their reaction would be.

Just go A Clockwork Orange on their arse; strap them to a chair, force open their eyes...and let them watch every episode of Epic Meal Time ever, even the dessert ones.

But won't that be counterproductive? Wasn't the Ludovico Treatment about aversion?

Perhaps, but the point isn't to be productive, its just to have fun at their expense.  After it stops being fun, I stop watching and only come back after their minds have been shattered beyond all repair.  Madness is freedom.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3377 on: April 16, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »

Perhaps, but the point isn't to be productive, its just to have fun at their expense.  After it stops being fun, I stop watching and only come back after their minds have been shattered beyond all repair.  Madness is freedom.
QFT. See the ending of "Brazil" to bear this out! 8)
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3378 on: April 16, 2014, 10:14:17 pm »
Two months ago, I lashed out at the use of "retard(ed)" as an extremely offensive slur that's tossed around too much, especially on this site. There's another word I see around the Internet that gets on my nerves, and no one seems to get how bad that word can be.

The word "butthurt."

I've heard this word so much over the past several years, and I always find myself very uncomfortable whenever this word is used.

1. It's used with no other method than to act smug or demean someone. It's derogatory and is used with no other means other than to dismiss criticism or to mock/insult someone to the core as overly sensitive.

2.  The main reason I loathe it: "Butthurt" comes across as extremely homophobic and making fun of rape victims. Back when I first saw this word, I thought it meant the user was mocking him or her for being sodomized, and I immediately grew an extremely gigantic hatred for that word, something I still hold despite knowing what it means now. I researched to see if others felt this same impression, and I noticed quite a few who thought so. Because of these vibes, I've always found myself to be extremely discomforting (and sometimes very insulted) whenever the term is used (and have lately tended to scold people who use it and suggust synonyms instead [like upset, angry, unhappy]).

"butthurt" is derogatory and offensive, and using it doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look smug, disrespectful, and stupid, and you're inviting major criticisms of your integrity, intellect, and sensitivity. Don't use it.

So you're getting butthurt over the word butthurt. lol.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3379 on: April 16, 2014, 10:21:11 pm »
-butthurt-

So you're getting butthurt over the word butthurt. lol.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3380 on: April 16, 2014, 10:23:36 pm »
Hahaha, thanks for that.

I always thought it implied hemorrhoids, not rape. Plus, it just means mad over something trivial. You can't compare it to "gay" or even "retarded."

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3381 on: April 16, 2014, 10:27:27 pm »
Hahaha, thanks for that.

I always thought it implied hemorrhoids, not rape. Plus, it just means mad over something trivial. You can't compare it to "gay" or even "retarded."
I always thought it was a reference to how mad a little kid gets after s/he's been spanked.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3382 on: April 16, 2014, 10:34:42 pm »
Hahaha, thanks for that.

I always thought it was a reference to how mad a little kid gets after s/he's been spanked.
Hm, that's also a distinct possibility.

How come nobody complained when people referred to Twilicorn as "they raped her?" I was very offended over that, because that actually is pretty fucking offensive to rape and abuse victims. Yet "butthurt" is what causes people to rage.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:37:03 pm by Solar Pendra »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3383 on: April 16, 2014, 10:40:36 pm »
Hahaha, thanks for that.

How come nobody complained when people referred to Twilicorn as "they raped her?" I was very offended over that, because that actually is pretty fucking offensive to rape and abuse victims. Yet "butthurt" is what causes people to rage.

Because 'butthurt' is, as best pony would put it, "Saddlesore"... to literally be... well, having a sore ass.  So, yeah, pones are stupid sometimes.  We did our fair share of smacking them down around the internet.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3384 on: April 16, 2014, 11:39:31 pm »
I'm apparently one of the few people who experiences a literal "butthurt".  As in, some muscle in my ass tenses and hurts whenever I see something like an open wound or something that looks like it would hurt worse than hell.

Even if they DON'T actually hurt like hell.

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3385 on: April 16, 2014, 11:50:34 pm »
I saw a post on Tumblr that claimed that Tumblr is a safe space for nerds and "the disadvantaged", and that sports and football "are not welcome" and "either get into a fandom or get out."

Irony - because grouping together and telling someone their interest is not wanted here is totally not reminiscent of the 80's Teen Movie Student Athlete Antagonist at all.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3386 on: April 17, 2014, 12:07:21 am »
Please don't tell me to "eat shit and die". That erases scat fetishists.

What.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3387 on: April 17, 2014, 12:12:22 am »
I'm apparently one of the few people who experiences a literal "butthurt".  As in, some muscle in my ass tenses and hurts whenever I see something like an open wound or something that looks like it would hurt worse than hell.

True story: I've been trying to come up with a suitable "butthurt" pun for the various butt exercises I've been doing lately.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3388 on: April 17, 2014, 12:13:39 am »
Hahaha, thanks for that.

Cus the pony fandom is full of dudebros.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:22:30 am by I am lizard »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3389 on: April 17, 2014, 05:09:28 am »

True story: I've been trying to come up with a suitable "butthurt" pun for the various butt exercises I've been doing lately.

You've been working out so much that you're 'exer-sore'?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."