Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548919 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3465 on: April 26, 2014, 04:55:03 pm »
From the same person:

I literally do not care about your gender, sexuality or skin colour.
I literally only care about whether you’re a nice fucking human being or not.

so basically you’re racist, sexist and homophobic

how exactly could you have come remotely close to that conclusion

because  batched is essentially a colorblinder. Rather ignore issues and oppression than acknowledge them.

It's one thing to point out the problems associated with 'colorblindness'; it's another thing entirely to call someone racist, sexist, and homophobic for putting more emphasis on personality than physical traits.

Edit:  Oh my god, she's still defending that lady rapist, and this time she has a friend!

This again. Yes it says having sex= consent. She was only in trouble because he was underage. Boys can consent to sex at his age. That is why it is written “having sex” not rape. Rape is forced.

People refuse to acknowledge that statutory rape is not a two way street. It is something that applies to women, like menstruating or breast feeding. If we look at our species as animals (which we are…which is why we shouldn’t eat our fellow cousins) then we look at the natural behavior of men at any age and realize that they naturally want sex. Women are different, they crave sex at a later age. This is why “statutory” rape is a feminine term, not a masculine one. 

He was 8 at the time.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:31:25 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3466 on: April 26, 2014, 06:33:49 pm »
I'm officially giving even odds on troll.

Which reminds me, I need to look up if it would be legal to set up a website where you can bet on whether various internet posters are trolls or poes or legit
Σא

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3467 on: April 26, 2014, 09:28:49 pm »

This again. Yes it says having sex= consent. She was only in trouble because he was underage. Boys can consent to sex at his age. That is why it is written “having sex” not rape. Rape is forced.

People refuse to acknowledge that statutory rape is not a two way street. It is something that applies to women, like menstruating or breast feeding. If we look at our species as animals (which we are…which is why we shouldn’t eat our fellow cousins) then we look at the natural behavior of men at any age and realize that they naturally want sex. Women are different, they crave sex at a later age. This is why “statutory” rape is a feminine term, not a masculine one. 

He was 8 at the time.

I'm so fucking sick of these 3rd wave tumblr "feminists" treating rape like it's a gendered issue.
Repeat after me kids: Rape is not a gendered crime. And this idea that men are all sex craved animals who are incapable of thinking with anything other than their dicks is bullshit. The kid was eight fucking years old. Eight year old boys don't naturally want sex. Get the fuck outta here with that rape apologist bullshit.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3468 on: April 26, 2014, 11:26:30 pm »
being vegan is so emotionally draining like i can't even look at someone drinking a milkshake without wanting to cry this is ridiculous if your 'food' makes me emotionally distressed that might be a sign that it's not good

"I've heard of crying over spilled milk, but this is ridiculous!"

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3469 on: April 27, 2014, 12:51:14 am »
now I want to go watch old Tales from the Crypt episodes... thanks for that, UP.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3470 on: April 27, 2014, 12:53:20 am »
being vegan is so emotionally draining like i can't even look at someone drinking a milkshake without wanting to cry this is ridiculous if your 'food' makes me emotionally distressed that might be a sign that it's not good

"I've heard of crying over spilled milk, but this is ridiculous!"
MILKSHAKES ARE WORSE THAN HITLER!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3471 on: April 27, 2014, 01:02:59 am »

Holy. Shit.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3472 on: April 27, 2014, 01:07:34 am »

Holy. Shit.
No idea what this says and i honestly would prefer not to.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:09:42 am by I am lizard »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3473 on: April 27, 2014, 01:37:30 am »
Glad to know I oppress the Tumblr Squad so much. Boo freaking hoo, its only my personal preferences. But no, your crusade to get an unhealthy life style "recognized" is more important.

Ya know, that does sound familiar.

Racists are prone to saying that their crusade to get non-race mixing or whatever is more important than your personal preferences in a significant other. Amazing, isn't it? These charming folks have bent so far backward, they've become no different than the bigots they claim to revile.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
« Reply #3474 on: April 27, 2014, 05:47:22 am »
Glad to know I oppress the Tumblr Squad so much. Boo freaking hoo, its only my personal preferences. But no, your crusade to get an unhealthy life style "recognized" is more important.

Ya know, that does sound familiar.

Racists are prone to saying that their crusade to get non-race mixing or whatever is more important than your personal preferences in a significant other. Amazing, isn't it? These charming folks have bent so far backward, they've become no different than the bigots they claim to revile.

I agreed with this up until you had to pull a Dr. Douchebag.  Nobody needs people who aren't medical professionals telling them what is and isn't healthy, especially when they hear it all the time and, more importantly, nobody cares.  Bonus points for calling something that isn't a lifestyle a lifestyle.  I'm not fat myself but I enjoy the occasional drink, and I'm pretty sure I'd get pretty sick of people preaching to me about my 'lifestyle' pretty quick.  Heck, I already deal with that to an extent for being queer.  The "But I'm just ever so concerned for you health!  You should be grateful instead of ignoring my advice!" defense is the most pathetic attempt at trying to claim the moral high ground there is.  Enough.
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3475 on: April 27, 2014, 06:25:58 am »
Oh yes, evil Doctor Niam, taking a health class and learning how damaging this lifestyle of obesity is.

The fact is, being queer, despite what the right wing vomits forth, has no innate health risks while obesity does in fact have health risks, and should not be celebrated, due to these real, scientifically documented health hazards.

But good going equalizing being gay to being fat, by the way. I could go into the logical implications, but that would take forever.

The fact is the research has shown the truth, and I simply say this truth. To me, it does not matter if I am seen as a douche or cruel or a "shitlord" so long as I know who has done the research.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #3476 on: April 27, 2014, 06:49:16 am »
Oh yes, evil Doctor Niam, taking a health class and learning how damaging this lifestyle of obesity is.

The fact is, being queer, despite what the right wing vomits forth, has no innate health risks while obesity does in fact have health risks, and should not be celebrated, due to these real, scientifically documented health hazards.

But good going equalizing being gay to being fat, by the way. I could go into the logical implications, but that would take forever.

The fact is the research has shown the truth, and I simply say this truth. To me, it does not matter if I am seen as a douche or cruel or a "shitlord" so long as I know who has done the research.

Having done the research still doesn't give you the right to act like a street preacher toward people.  I still maintain that there's nothing immoral about being unhealthy for any reason and treating people badly because of any health issue they might have is a dick move, especially when the people you're being a dick to are already typically seen as unattractive and undesirable.  You don't like the metaphor I used, that's fine.  I wasn't saying the two were equivalent, just equivalently stupid.  If you want something more similar, try comparing your crappy ass statements to the age-old 'just stop being poor' or 'just stop being depressed' "advice" that people who deal with those issues constantly get.  After all, being mentally ill and/or poor are also consistently shown to cause and correlate with being unhealthy and dying early and are seen as things you can just magically 'end' almost as often when people don't want to feel guilty for acting superior over others.

Those two things are generally less visible though, and are therefore less easy for people to be personally offended by, which is probably also why you don't often see people claiming to just be concerned about people's health when demanding that they just magically stop being depressed or trying to convince them to invest in a worthless degree or their crappy penny stock.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:51:45 am by fancy_kitten »

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #3477 on: April 27, 2014, 08:54:30 am »

Holy. Shit.

I don't understand how this is even considered "social justice".  Isn't this basically a campaign to harass and shame people over their sexual preferences?  "You aren't naturally attracted to people who look like me, therefore you are evil and must change your preferences to what I find acceptable."

Good lord, when someone says they're not physically attracted to me, I don't assume there's some nefarious oppressive belief to it, I just assume I'm simply not their type.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3478 on: April 27, 2014, 12:08:06 pm »
Negating a person's innate sex drive and the biological basis behind sexual attraction is beyond stupid. I happen to find larger women attractive, as well as women of smaller stature. But, I don't think it's necessary for people to attempt to conform their sexuality and sense of eroticism to fit an abstract social norm of fairness and equality for all, such as in my case, going ahead and dating and/or sleeping with men, even though I am primarily lesbian in sexual orientation.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #3479 on: April 27, 2014, 03:30:55 pm »

Of course being obese is not healthy, but honestly fat people already know that. So there's no reason to constantly point it out to them as if they're too stupid to realize it.

That's what I'm saying.  Also being fat isn't a disease, it can cause health conditions like high blood pressure and the same things that cause you to be fat can cause diabetes, but it's entirely possible to be fat and not have either of those things.  At the very least, I can't name many fat people who have had a coronary over the idea that somebody out there might have the gall to present themselves in a way that they personally find unattractive.