Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548006 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3765 on: June 04, 2014, 07:39:33 am »
How old is that mother's daughter? Because I am concerned about anyone who toilet trained their child letting them smear shit all over the walls of their bathroom, or in general, letting them act like an animal.

Hey, now! Animals are smart enough NOT to smear their shit everywhere.
Except for chickens.
And dogs just love to roll in shit, as long as it isn't their own shit.

They are trying to cover their own scent so that the prey won't realise that the smell that approaches is a dog.

This still means that the dog that was happily rolling around in bear crap is stupid.

Either the intended prey will smell a bear and still run away OR the dog is planning to go hunt a bear. ...In which case it is dumb and thinks way too high of himself. Stupid dog, getting the stench away was a lot of hard work. Seriously, if you haven't smelled bear shit then you should count yourself lucky.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3766 on: June 04, 2014, 07:58:37 am »
While all this is true, nothing does stupid quite like human children.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #3767 on: June 04, 2014, 11:51:38 am »
While all this is true, nothing does stupid quite like human children.
In our defense, humans are children for a long time compared to most other animals so we get lots and lots of opportunities to act stupid and we have the law of averages working in our favour.  ;D

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3768 on: June 04, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »
Also, when most other animals act stupid at a young age, this generally results in their death due to predators, or parents lacking the opposable thumbs necessary to remove them from their predicaments.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3769 on: June 04, 2014, 05:11:16 pm »
How old is that mother's daughter? Because I am concerned about anyone who toilet trained their child letting them smear shit all over the walls of their bathroom, or in general, letting them act like an animal.

Hey, now! Animals are smart enough NOT to smear their shit everywhere.

Ever owned a dog?

My dad had a dog that would eat shit out of the cat's box. He also liked to piss on plastic bags.
It was disgusting.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3770 on: June 05, 2014, 02:08:19 am »
Hitting a child of ANY age, for ANY reason, with ANY amount of force, is NEVER okay. Hitting a child's hand away from a stove is not okay, and it is not necessary. It is a pathetic rationalization for parents acting out their frustration on their children, and children too young to understand that hot stoves are dangerous are not going to understand that the hitting is correlated to the stove, or that the stove is capable of hurting just like Mommy is hurting. If a child is near a stove, the responsible thing to do is BLOCK their hand or move it away as gently as possible, but hitting is simply inexcusable. And, amazingly, parents who are dedicated not to hit don't seem to be suffering from any higher levels of burned children than those who insist it is necessary to hit children to keep them safe.

And, no, there isn't a "when all other means of discipline have failed." Why is it that only parents who are a priori accepting of spanking get to that place, whereas those who make a commitment never to spank don't seem to have those situations? Giving yourself an "out" to spank just means you are going to be less thoughtful and well-rounded in terms of how you approach your child's needs, and it becomes all too easy to rationalize lazy parenting to oneself and resort to spanking.

You know, I dislike spanking, especially when it's used as the go-to means of punishment for anything.  I agree that it is lazy parenting in that regard.  However, that being said, I don't begrudge parents who use it as a last resort if all else fails.  The thing is, children aren't mini adults.  Sometimes children can't be "reasoned" with.  Sometimes they won't listen to you, no matter how many times you "gently" explain it to them.  There will be times where they'll need to be disciplined, unless you're so wishy washy that you don't care, or resort to bribery, which rewards bad behavior and can also backfire.  Going by this reasoning, just about any form of discipline could be argued as abusive.  Standing in the corner?  Mild form of torture.  Sending them to their room?  A form of child imprisonment.  Grounding?  Depriving children of needed stimulation, which is cruel.

But perhaps the most important thing is that every child is different.  Some children aren't affected by spanking (I think some on this forum said as much), and some do much better without it, and turn out fine despite never seeing a raised hand in their life.  And some children become uncontrollable, borderline unloveable hellions when raised with the "let's be calm and gentle in everything we do and 'reason' with children instead of punishing them because discipline is barbaric" method.  You, as the parent, need to find the most effective methods for your child when it comes to enforcing boundaries (which does not include "beating the shit out of them" and "hit them over every minor thing").

And as for the bolded, it's probably because many people who follow "no spanking" and also have problem children absolutely refuse to believe they have problem children, refuse to admit they've lost control, or worst of all, just stopped caring.  You're not automatically good at parenting just because you don't practice spanking.  You can still be a shitty parent and still have shitty children, and never raise a finger against them.  Never reaching the point of spanking doesn't necessarily mean the children are well-behaved and that the parenting is successful; it just means the parents have a strong conviction to never use spanking, no matter what.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #3771 on: June 05, 2014, 08:28:51 am »
Hitting a child of ANY age, for ANY reason, with ANY amount of force, is NEVER okay. Hitting a child's hand away from a stove is not okay, and it is not necessary. It is a pathetic rationalization for parents acting out their frustration on their children, and children too young to understand that hot stoves are dangerous are not going to understand that the hitting is correlated to the stove, or that the stove is capable of hurting just like Mommy is hurting. If a child is near a stove, the responsible thing to do is BLOCK their hand or move it away as gently as possible, but hitting is simply inexcusable. And, amazingly, parents who are dedicated not to hit don't seem to be suffering from any higher levels of burned children than those who insist it is necessary to hit children to keep them safe.

And, no, there isn't a "when all other means of discipline have failed." Why is it that only parents who are a priori accepting of spanking get to that place, whereas those who make a commitment never to spank don't seem to have those situations? Giving yourself an "out" to spank just means you are going to be less thoughtful and well-rounded in terms of how you approach your child's needs, and it becomes all too easy to rationalize lazy parenting to oneself and resort to spanking.

Hey look, an armchair quarterback who either isn't a parent or isn't a good one.  ::)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3772 on: June 05, 2014, 02:09:02 pm »
I think the OP is just an idiot.  If you guys can judge us as non-parents, then we reserve the right to judge you as parents; of course, this comes with the accepted caveat that some judgments are complete bullshit.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3773 on: June 05, 2014, 06:50:28 pm »

I bet this person has an exciting social life!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3774 on: June 05, 2014, 06:55:32 pm »
So... they're a wannabe dom?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3775 on: June 05, 2014, 06:57:04 pm »

I bet this person has an exciting social life!

Now let's see them try to enforce that.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3776 on: June 05, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »
So who's allowed to be attracted to their nasty ass?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3777 on: June 05, 2014, 07:03:51 pm »

and they apparently fetishize individuals who are gay and trans.  And maybe pansexuals and asexuals, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3778 on: June 05, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »

and they apparently fetishize individuals who are gay and trans.  And maybe pansexuals and asexuals, too.

This is both problematic and triggering.  Someone needs to check their dominant privilege.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3779 on: June 05, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »

This is both problematic and triggering.  Someone needs to check their dominant privilege.

The ironic thing is, it actually is problematic.

My apologies for using "tumblr lingo".