Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547979 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3870 on: June 10, 2014, 06:35:22 pm »
Me and my dad specifically taught my sister how to escape grapple holds and fight VERY dirty for this exact reason.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3871 on: June 10, 2014, 06:54:34 pm »
Rape is basically a criminal justice problem at this stage. Like murder, theft and arson, rape is just part of the human condition. You can't eliminate it, any more than you can eliminate sadness.

What you can do is minimise it. What sorts of things would minimise rape? Would self-defence do it? No, not really. You get relative gains, not absolute gains. How about better education for potential rapists? Nup, probably not. "End the culture of rape". Tell me how we did "ending the culture of drugs"? This won't work. Less poverty? Yep, that has a big effect. More police? That would do it, I think. So long - and I think this is the key part of any anti-rape campaign - as the police actually take sexual assault seriously. You need to have high reporting rates, quite high prosecution rates, you need to not treat women like shit through the court system, you instantly fire any officer who doesn't get with the program...

This is something we learned from crime-fighting in New York: if you take one particular crime seriously, rates go down.

Look, women shouldn't have to live in a world where they have to be afraid of perhaps being raped. Unfortunately, they live in that world. People also shouldn't have to live in a world where their house might be burgled - and we live in that one too. The difference is that, if your house is burgled, you know the police won't blame you for it and walk away. That's the real crime - women can't trust the cops to protect them. They have nobody but themselves to rely on. That's bullshit! Let's fix that!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3872 on: June 10, 2014, 07:01:02 pm »

Yes, how dare someone make a decision about her own body. Doesn't she realize that the world revolves around your narcissistic, self-indulged ass?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3873 on: June 10, 2014, 08:32:41 pm »
Jesus, how fucking selfish does one have to be?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3874 on: June 10, 2014, 09:00:32 pm »
Jesus, how fucking selfish does one have to be?

Until they collapse into a singularity, most likely.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3875 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:31 pm »
Stupid selfish cunt... You know, that beached whale deserves all the abuse she gets. I hope the best for her friend.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3876 on: June 10, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »
And the commenters on this blog post are just as self-centered and idiotic.  They're as much body shamers as the people they hate.  It's not enough to be accepting of fat people anymore, now we all have to aspire to be and stay fat like these fuckers or else they'll consider us "toxic oppressors". 

I'm sort of getting the vibe that this asshole is the one who's really suffering from internalized "fat hate", what with them insisting that fat friends need to stay fat around them and that not doing is psychologically harming them.  Yeah, I know there could be other reasons, but with how petty this asshole is being about the whole thing, treating weight loss as a personal slight and insisting that losing weight without their permission is "self-centered", it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3877 on: June 10, 2014, 09:22:45 pm »
Stupid selfish cunt... You know, that beached whale deserves all the abuse she gets. I hope the best for her friend.

Was that really necessary?
Σא

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3878 on: June 10, 2014, 09:25:51 pm »

I was just angry that some cunt begrudges others for wanting to lose weight, especially since I am trying to lose weight.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3879 on: June 10, 2014, 09:32:30 pm »
And the commenters on this blog post are just as self-centered and idiotic.  They're as much body shamers as the people they hate.  It's not enough to be accepting of fat people anymore, now we all have to aspire to be and stay fat like these fuckers or else they'll consider us "toxic oppressors". 

I'm sort of getting the vibe that this asshole is the one who's really suffering from internalized "fat hate", what with them insisting that fat friends need to stay fat around them and that not doing is psychologically harming them.  Yeah, I know there could be other reasons, but with how petty this asshole is being about the whole thing, treating weight loss as a personal slight and insisting that losing weight without their permission is "self-centered", it wouldn't surprise me.

Actually, you might be right. If all of their overweight friends got fit and healthy, they would be left without companions that could just nod their heads and agree with everything they say about anti-fat oppressors.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #3880 on: June 10, 2014, 09:38:56 pm »
Already posted. Last page, I think.

Also, I think this is going to piss off quite a few of our members here:

So, you want to be an Autistic person. Let me tell you about it, from the perspective of an actual Autistic person:

I hate being Autistic, so much. You are sensitive to all five of your feelings, and you have the whole internet making jokes about you, notably jokes about the hugbox.

I feel the internet is permanently scarred by the awful aftertaste left by many antics of Christian Weston Chandler, and jokes of fictional character crushes and other forms of obsession. I know, because Autistic people obsess about various things, often some of the strangest subject matter. Whether it be about locomotives, locomotive companies and locomotives across the globe, or watching an intro to a classic television show ad nauseum.

I doubt I've listed every useful insight, but how I feel about it is that I see it more as a "curse" than a "blessing". And some non-Autistics even see us like we're the X-Men or something.

This is the general attitude that I see on the CWCki forums and how they make fun of other "eccentric" people on the Internet. That forum makes me feel like I'm a loser and I am afraid of being discovered and turned into an "lolcow." These people have no empathy for the people that they make fun of.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3881 on: June 10, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »
Rape is basically a criminal justice problem at this stage. Like murder, theft and arson, rape is just part of the human condition. You can't eliminate it, any more than you can eliminate sadness.

What you can do is minimise it. What sorts of things would minimise rape? Would self-defence do it? No, not really. You get relative gains, not absolute gains. How about better education for potential rapists? Nup, probably not. "End the culture of rape". Tell me how we did "ending the culture of drugs"? This won't work. Less poverty? Yep, that has a big effect. More police? That would do it, I think. So long - and I think this is the key part of any anti-rape campaign - as the police actually take sexual assault seriously. You need to have high reporting rates, quite high prosecution rates, you need to not treat women like shit through the court system, you instantly fire any officer who doesn't get with the program...

This is something we learned from crime-fighting in New York: if you take one particular crime seriously, rates go down.

Look, women shouldn't have to live in a world where they have to be afraid of perhaps being raped. Unfortunately, they live in that world. People also shouldn't have to live in a world where their house might be burgled - and we live in that one too. The difference is that, if your house is burgled, you know the police won't blame you for it and walk away. That's the real crime - women can't trust the cops to protect them. They have nobody but themselves to rely on. That's bullshit! Let's fix that!
For this to even work you'd need to have people understand what constitutes rape (that is to say, make them understand it's not always "40 year old guy rapes 20 something girl in dark alleyway" rape), end the stigma that rape victims are   educate what is and is not consent, get victims to report without feeling ashamed, ect.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3882 on: June 10, 2014, 09:41:15 pm »

I was just angry that some cunt begrudges others for wanting to lose weight, especially since I am trying to lose weight.
It's still a bit harsh.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #3883 on: June 10, 2014, 09:49:18 pm »
I am iffy about weight loss surgeries as I have heard horror stories about them and I also have heard that most do regain their weight back somehow.

My sister is thinking of getting the lap band done and I strongly suggested that she does her research before doing anything drastic like that but if she is hellbent on getting it done then I can't tell her not to. It's her body and it's her choice.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3884 on: June 10, 2014, 10:19:49 pm »
Okay, I'm sorry I used the bw-slur. It was wrong of me, but the sentiment still stands, she's being extremely selfish.