Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548890 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3975 on: June 24, 2014, 11:56:17 am »
It's probably due to the fact 4chans members are all either 12 year old boys or guys who think like 12 year olds.

That's really only /b/.
True.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #3976 on: June 24, 2014, 04:08:59 pm »
It's probably due to the fact 4chans members are all either 12 year old boys or guys who think like 12 year olds.

That's really only /b/.
And /po/.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #3977 on: June 24, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »

That's really only /b/.
And /po/.

What's wrong with the papercraft board? You're thinking of the cesspit/neo-stormfront that is /pol/.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3978 on: June 24, 2014, 07:21:02 pm »
I must be doing something wrong.

Tumblr just recommended this to me:

het trans women should literally never even speak or pretend to understand what trans lesbians go through

yall have zero understanding

yall’s absurd entitlement to OUR lives, simply because were both trans women, is always leveled to prop your self up on our pain.

fuck you.

Tentative Disclaimer: I am neither trans nor a lesbian so they may have a valid point, but I'm not sure.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #3979 on: June 24, 2014, 07:38:32 pm »

That's really only /b/.
And /po/.

What's wrong with the papercraft board? You're thinking of the cesspit/neo-stormfront that is /pol/.
Yeah, sorry. It's been a while since I used 4chan boards appart from /tg/.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3980 on: June 24, 2014, 07:44:37 pm »
I must be doing something wrong.

Tumblr just recommended this to me:

het trans women should literally never even speak or pretend to understand what trans lesbians go through

yall have zero understanding

yall’s absurd entitlement to OUR lives, simply because were both trans women, is always leveled to prop your self up on our pain.

fuck you.

Tentative Disclaimer: I am neither trans nor a lesbian so they may have a valid point, but I'm not sure.

There's a bit of a point in there, in that trans lesbians tend to get shit on because "hurr durr so they're just straight guys" (since the concept of gender and sexual orientation being separate aspects of psychology is apparently too complicated for people to understand), plus the whole anti-gay bias they're facing along with the transphobia, so it makes sense that straight trans women shouldn't speak for/over them any more than straight cis women should try to speak for gay cis women, but I'm also sensing a "my oppression is worse than your oppression so fuck all of you" vibe in there. I could just be jaded by all of the bullshit I've seen on Tumblr, though.

Also, the whole "you couldn't possibly have an iota of understanding" bit is rather absurd. No one can have a perfect understanding on what another group is dealing with, but it's more than possible to at least have an idea of what they're facing and relate to them because of it.

ETA: Actually, straight trans women are often saddled with the "gay men gone to the extreme" notion, so the whole thing is a shitload more complicated than straight cis chicks speaking for gay cis chicks.

(I won't try to dissect the specifics, being that I'm not trans and all that.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:59:04 pm by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3981 on: June 24, 2014, 09:42:12 pm »
Glad to know my confusion is justified.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3982 on: June 25, 2014, 04:06:13 am »
Don’t tell me you “understand” why I’m vegan. If you understood you’d be vegan, too.

Understanding doesn’t equal agreement. I understand why Walter White started to cook meth, doesn’t mean I’m gonna buy an RV and a barrel of methylamine.

A couple people responded with:

YEAH ILL SAY IT AGAIN THIS POST IS SHITTY FOR A TON OF REASONS. There’s a difference of a choice which is literally killing people and a choice about not harming anything like ummm??? I don’t want to go into this again by really if you truly understand why someone is vegan you would be vegan or be trying your best to be vegan

d-did you just imply a connection between veganism… and cooking meth

I'm reminded of fundies who tell atheists "if you really understood the Bible, you'd be a Christian!". Also, way to miss the point; they were saying that you can understand something without agreeing with it, even if that thing is really bad, like cooking meth.  And if you can understand motives behind actions like that, understanding motives behind veganism isn't that hard. 

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3983 on: June 25, 2014, 07:45:40 am »
I don't understand some vegans. I most certainly support humane treatment of animals and am appalled by the conditions that some animals must endure. But even if we had 100% humane treatment of animals prior to slaughter, those types of vegans would still call us murderers. Why? Why are other animals allowed to maul and eat one another (in a much more gruesome fashion), while we are not?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3984 on: June 25, 2014, 08:04:42 am »
I don't understand some vegans. I most certainly support humane treatment of animals and am appalled by the conditions that some animals must endure. But even if we had 100% humane treatment of animals prior to slaughter, those types of vegans would still call us murderers. Why? Why are other animals allowed to maul and eat one another (in a much more gruesome fashion), while we are not?
I guess that for at least some of them, the rationale is that humans should be "better than that".

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3985 on: June 25, 2014, 08:39:34 am »
I guess that for at least some of them, the rationale is that humans should be "better than that".

From what I've seen, yes. The rationale is that, despite the rest of nature engaging in murder and consumption of its victims, humans should be capable of using their superior morality to live peacefully with nature and never harm another living being. Obviously, plants and fungi do not count as "living beings" for this purpose. Presumably their lower intelligence makes them less important when it comes to killing and consuming them.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3986 on: June 25, 2014, 09:41:13 am »
Eeh, plants have no intelligence nor any capacity for pain nor suffering.  Even if you're going on a moralistic crusade, it'd still be perfectly acceptable to eat them.  They're life, no two ways about that, but they're not intelligent life.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3987 on: June 25, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »
I wouldn't mind trying a vegan diet if it weren't for the fact that the vegan food store here is ridiculously expensive.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3988 on: June 25, 2014, 03:33:01 pm »
I would be a vegan if we could produce and sell exact facsimiles of meat products that were mass produced and sold on a wide enough basis at a cheap enough price to push actual meat out of the market, while maintaining the same nutritional profile as authentic meat.

Best bet for that is cheap lab-grown cells, rather than tofu or other mock meats.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3989 on: June 25, 2014, 03:45:17 pm »
Yep, I'd never go vegan or vegetarian.  Sorry, livestock, but...well, I'd certainly lobby for better conditions for you guys.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.