Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548525 times)

Offline starseeker

• God
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4200 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:18 am »
Every time I feel ashamed about some of the mind-bogglingly retarded things I did as a teenager, I just have to read this thread and suddenly I feel like a prodigy.

At least we kept our fantasy worlds in a hidden diary.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4201 on: July 27, 2014, 07:24:06 pm »
What happens if a girl rapes another girl? Is it still rape?
Depends on that girls race + sexual orientation.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4202 on: July 27, 2014, 08:55:25 pm »
.......wat?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4203 on: July 27, 2014, 09:31:36 pm »
Is this one of those "minorities can't ever be wrong or do anything bad, ever"?

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4204 on: July 27, 2014, 10:32:01 pm »
What happens if a girl rapes another girl? Is it still rape?
Depends on that girls race + sexual orientation.

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #4205 on: July 28, 2014, 08:50:40 am »

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4206 on: July 28, 2014, 08:54:33 am »

...normally I write off the things in this thread as being merely stupid, but that's flat-out dangerous

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #4207 on: July 28, 2014, 12:47:12 pm »

...normally I write off the things in this thread as being merely stupid, but that's flat-out dangerous

I think they probably meant it more as "I have ADHD/ schizophrenia/ aspergers because I desperately want to feel special I feel like it!" rather than diseases like cancer or something. I can see how someone could take it that way, though, and I still don't get why someone would want one of those things.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4208 on: July 28, 2014, 01:47:00 pm »
I think this is the natural progression of the "everything is valid" mindset of the more obnoxious of the social justice warriors. The simple fact of the matter that continues to escape these people is that some things are valid and others are not and in life you won't get a trophy just for showing up.

Feeling like you're a woman in a man's body is valid. Feeling like you have the cast of Doctor Who living in your frontal lobe is not.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4209 on: July 28, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »
I think this is the natural progression of the "everything is valid" mindset of the more obnoxious of the social justice warriors. The simple fact of the matter that continues to escape these people is that some things are valid and others are not and in life you won't get a trophy just for showing up.

Feeling like you're a woman in a man's body is valid. Feeling like you have the cast of Doctor Who living in your frontal lobe is not.

Just remember, hypochondriacs think all their health concerns are 'valid', too, but we don't treat them as if they actually have the illnesses they think they do for the sole reason of "but it's real to them, and that makes it just as valid as reality!".

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4210 on: July 28, 2014, 10:18:04 pm »
Double-post for something completely different:

On a virtual pet site, someone asked about furry dragons having dreadlocks.  Cue someone piping in that it's "cultural appropriation".  When called out on their bullshit, they said they were leaving the thread because of "poor health", and directed people to their tumblr where they proceeded to dump a massive pile of shit:

okay so first this isn’t an SJ blog so don’t expect answers from me on this sort of thing BUT BECAUSE I’M PROBABLY GOING TO GET A LOT OF HITS FROM THAT POST HERE WE Go

Disclaimer: I am white. I have and benefit from white privilege. Any answer I can give is gleaned through a lens of white privilege, and you would get a better answer from a black person on this topic. (That said don’t go up to a random black person’s blog and ask them about this, find an educational blog run by black people and they’ll probably have 500 posts on this topic already.)

Alright so. It is totally okay to be interested in other cultures, that’s fantastic and great. Eating food/listening to music/learning about fashion/etc from other cultures is healthy and an important part of de-exotifying other peoples. However, it becomes problematic when elements of other cultures are taken. When you wear clothes, borrow identities, take on fashion or otherwise appropriate from other cultures that’s seriously wrong and is actually very racist.

Read More

"I'm white, but let me educate you on black culture without using any sources.  I'm not a self-righteous racist who's demanding people "stick with their own", really!"  And of course they'd retreat to tumblr where they can expect to get asspats from other "enlightened" white people.  It's especially hilarious because at one point that say "I'm not even remotely qualified to discuss this" and then continues speaking like they're an authority.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4211 on: July 29, 2014, 12:04:04 am »
don’t expect answers from me on this sort of thing

Translation: It's bullshit, but I like to pretend it isn't bullshit and it gives me MAJOR stresses and stressful tortures when people tell me it's bullshit.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4212 on: July 29, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »
I just saw an entire thread about genders. Cool, be what you want. But then people were saying they identify as “pri/prin/princeself”?? And then another person said they identify as a star??? And another person said they identify as xe/xim because X’s are cool???

I IDENTIFY AS CTHU/CTHUL/CTHULHUSELF BECAUSE MOTHERFUCKING CTHULHU.

hey look, a bunch of transphobes!

nobody fucking identifies as their pronouns lol. and saying “Cool, be what you want” and then making fun of ppl is contradictory. ur basically saying “i’m not transphobic, but..”

also “#sjw”??? seriously? are u kidding me ? is respecting ppl really that hard for u ??

Nobody identifies as their pronouns.

Then why the fuck do you need special pronouns in the first place, and why is it important that I humor you with them?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4213 on: July 29, 2014, 09:40:44 pm »
I just saw an entire thread about genders. Cool, be what you want. But then people were saying they identify as “pri/prin/princeself”?? And then another person said they identify as a star??? And another person said they identify as xe/xim because X’s are cool???

I IDENTIFY AS CTHU/CTHUL/CTHULHUSELF BECAUSE MOTHERFUCKING CTHULHU.

hey look, a bunch of transphobes!

nobody fucking identifies as their pronouns lol. and saying “Cool, be what you want” and then making fun of ppl is contradictory. ur basically saying “i’m not transphobic, but..”

also “#sjw”??? seriously? are u kidding me ? is respecting ppl really that hard for u ??
I suppose if you're royalty-kin or trans-royal or- nope, nope, can't humour them, not even for two bloody seconds can I humour someone who insists on "prinself" when I can't get anyone offline to even acknowledge that I'm male, not when I've had to spend nearly seven months in the closet because otherwise I lose by job, my friends, my home, not when I strap pepper spray to my ankle every time I leave the house. Maybe when the larger, more deadly, more serious, more valid problems in society are taken care of and people really don't have anything better to do then insist the whole goddamn world play along with their stupid game of let's-pretend.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4214 on: July 29, 2014, 10:49:48 pm »

I don't care what your gender is unless you happen to be cis and male!