Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548965 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4215 on: July 29, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »
"Gender Studies major"

That explains it.  It seems people like this take one or two college courses on the subject and then act like they're enlightened experts.  They're like recently converted zealots minus religion.

Also, not every single sexual kink, quirk, and fetish you have needs its own sexuality. 

Edit:

Doubt the anon is going to see this but whatever. People who use certain pronouns like bunself are not asking you to use animals as pronouns, its simply a gender neutral pronoun that’s a personal preference, like me asking for they/them pronouns. There is nothing wrong with it and ignoring someones preference of what they like to be addressed as is rather rude, equal to someone calling you something besides what you preferred. Also, yes, transphobe, because you’re basically saying their gender, their identity doesn’t matter a tick to you because you don’t think it exists. And no, if you don’t think a persons preferred pronouns and/or gender matter, neither does your opinion.

Except they are using animals as pronouns.  It doesn't  matter if it's for "gender neutral" purposes; they're still asking you to use animal terms as pronouns.  And yes, I have seen people on that forum legitimately say they wanted animal pronouns used because they were otherkin.  Not humoring every snowflake label someone has doesn't make you a transphobe, especially if you feel that said snowflake labels make a mockery out of real gender issues.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:15:47 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4216 on: July 30, 2014, 04:38:20 am »
[picture]
I don't care what your gender is unless you happen to be cis and male!

"People get mad when I force my preferences on them and judgingly disrespect them! How rude!"

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4217 on: July 30, 2014, 11:40:17 pm »
pronouns are pronouns. you don’t identifiy as a set of pronouns. non binary ppl using gendered pronouns doesn’t mean that they’re no longer non-binary because they don’t identify as their pronouns. i’m agender. I use he/him/his pronouns. doesn’t make me fucking male because i don’t identify as my pronouns lol. i identify as agender and i expect ppl to respect the pronouns that make me feel the most comfortable. i’m still agender.

. . .

language is constantly changing? there’s no reason that neopronouns aren’t valid bc gender is not just male/female/non-binary? non-binary identities have been around for ages and there’s no reason to not let language evolve, and shoving all non-binary identities under one set of pronouns is laughable.

. . .

the only people i’ve seen use nounself pronouns are non-binary trans people? trying to be more comfortable when they’re not comfortable with he/she/they? sometimes they’re otherkin, but they’re always trans in that case. cis otherkin using them obviously isn’t acceptable but neopronouns/nounself pronouns have nothing to do with otherkin in the first place, they’re for non binary ppl to feel comfortable with themselves. the idea that there’s just one set of pronouns for an entire fucking range of genders is laughable at best and acting like it’s a crime to not be comfortable with pronouns “acceptable” to you is ridiculous. neopronouns =/= cis otherkin.

. . .

yes, because i’m trans, you fuck. i’m not a goddamn cis person, and I don’t use neopronouns, but it’s not hard to allow non-binary people to experiment with language and be themselves! wow! a novel concept!

for people who “don’t care about pronouns” you sure do care a whole lot when someone doesn’t fit your idea of what a trans person is.

Every quirk needs its own pronoun.  Unless you're cis.  Cis don't get individualized pronouns because you're in the binary, even if you don't like the pronouns.  Only nonbinaries get to be dissatisfied with existing pronouns, even gender-neutral ones.

It also seems that the explanation for the use of nounself pronouns keeps changing; first it was so otherkin could identify as their species, then it was something about religion, now it's "all about being a non-binary gender, and has nothing to do with actually identifying as the pronoun".  You know what it sounds like to me?  It sounds like these people are now claiming "nonbinary" because it's the most "plausible" excuse.  "Oh, I don't think I'm a transcat, I just don't fit in the gender binary, and there's a million different nonbinary genders, so 'they' just won't do at all.  I need my own pronoun that specifically fits my unique gender, or I'll get super uncomfortable.  Cat/catself please."  This ignores the fact that they could have people refer to them in the third person, which some languages do, instead of assigning a unique label to their unique "gender".

I'm also starting to hate "language is constantly evolving!" because it seems like it's used more to excuse pulling random shit out of your ass and calling it 'valid' instead of the natural progression of language.  I don't think Frindle was meant to be taken as nonfiction.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:45:38 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4218 on: July 31, 2014, 12:46:53 am »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4219 on: July 31, 2014, 05:31:11 am »
do people actually seriously use "neopronouns" irl? i'd be fine with a neutral "they" (although "zie/zir" still bugs me from a tonal perspective), but i can't imagine anything but the biggest, most circle-jerking dorks using those in public...

(kitchen-sink-agender) tumblrina 1:"did little starshine do well on star test, yesterday? well, did star?"

(trans-planta agender) tumblrina 2: "what the frog are you talking about?"

(frogkin) tumblrina 3:"i didn't say anything!!"

at least that's more and more what this thread looks like. am i a bad person for pointing out how complex this gets? but, yeah iosa, i'm totally ok with your post. i smell backpedalling full-tilt
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4220 on: July 31, 2014, 01:58:53 pm »
hey stop calling that character your “waifu” its basically raping fictionkin who identify as that character because no one consented to it thanks

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4221 on: July 31, 2014, 05:16:58 pm »
hey stop calling that character your “waifu” its basically raping fictionkin who identify as that character because no one consented to it thanks

Oh, if I ever needed a reason to call someone my waifu...
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4222 on: July 31, 2014, 10:03:56 pm »

70/30 on troll.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4223 on: August 01, 2014, 12:09:09 am »
Dammit.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
« Reply #4224 on: August 01, 2014, 05:30:59 am »

Maximum overtroll.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4225 on: August 01, 2014, 02:12:33 pm »

Maximum overtroll.
That has already been pointed out.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
« Reply #4226 on: August 01, 2014, 04:04:09 pm »

Maximum overtroll.
That has already been pointed out.
I don't see the point in you saying this.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4227 on: August 01, 2014, 05:22:25 pm »
Spoiler because it's huge:
(click to show/hide)

I'm pretty certain rape is forcing someone to have sex with you. Being humiliated and being raped are not even remotely the same thing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4228 on: August 01, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »
Technically it can also be having sex with someone drunk or underage, but that's besides the point.
According to this tweet it is justified for me to say someone raped me in CoD.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4229 on: August 02, 2014, 11:08:13 am »
According to this tweet it is justified for me to say someone raped me in CoD.

Nah, you're a man.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.