Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548213 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4380 on: September 06, 2014, 02:17:59 pm »

Fixed that for you.

I wonder if they apply the same reasoning to any other thing called a disease.
Σא

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #4381 on: September 06, 2014, 03:03:59 pm »
There is no cancer without cancerous people. By saying cancer is a disease, you're saying cancerous people are diseased, which is a tiny semantic leap from saying CANCEROUS PEOPLE ARE A DISEASE.

...Namely, a cancer. Cancerous people are a cancer. Especially if they were born in late June/early-to-mid July. Then they're a cancerous Cancer cancer.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4382 on: September 06, 2014, 03:37:20 pm »
There is no cancer without cancerous people. By saying cancer is a disease, you're saying cancerous people are diseased, which is a tiny semantic leap from saying CANCEROUS PEOPLE ARE A DISEASE.

...Namely, a cancer. Cancerous people are a cancer. Especially if they were born in late June/early-to-mid July. Then they're a cancerous Cancer cancer.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4383 on: September 06, 2014, 03:48:45 pm »
Who IS that guy?  ^

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4384 on: September 06, 2014, 03:52:51 pm »
Who IS that guy?  ^
Xzibit.  If you don't get it, here's what you need to know:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/xzibit-yo-dawg

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4385 on: September 06, 2014, 04:00:16 pm »
Ah... yeah I've seen him used before and the recursive "Yo Dawg, I heard you like ___" meme, but I didn't know who the actual guy was or what he was from.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4386 on: September 07, 2014, 12:33:30 am »
And you call yourself a car guy.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #4387 on: September 07, 2014, 01:44:19 am »

Sooo, society's "fat phobia" is the reason why you have trouble connecting with people.  You're just fine, and you're not conceited at all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4388 on: September 07, 2014, 07:13:07 pm »

This could be one of your relatives, a friend or yourself. Every time a teen under the care of an adult comes out, they run the risk of a situation like this or even worse. Make sure to educate parents about the possibility that this could be their child. No, it’s unlikely, but it happens and every single abuse that can be prevented is some sort of progress.

1. It's "zoophile", not "zoosexual."  Don't kid yourselves, it's not a sexuality anymore than pedophilia is.

2. Don't compare your struggles to what it's like to be gay.  For one thing, animals can't consent.

3. I am against abusive parents no matter the reason for the abuse.  But I am also against animal abuse.  And while I know that someone with zoophilia is not automatically an animal abuser, I see no reason to support it.

Gods, I feel like I'm staring the slippery slope in the face, and it's laughing at me.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4389 on: September 07, 2014, 07:23:27 pm »
1. It's "zoophile", not "zoosexual."  Don't kid yourselves, it's not a sexuality anymore than pedophilia is.

So it is a sexual orientation, then? Because pedophilia is, and I'm sure you're not going to buck decades of psychological research and claim it isn't.

EDIT: Even if you don't personally agree with his decision, is that justification for injuring him and kicking him out on the street? Careful with that mob mentality; it was used against people like you not very long ago.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:26:13 pm by Ironchew »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4390 on: September 07, 2014, 07:29:16 pm »

So it is a sexual orientation, then? Because pedophilia is, and I'm sure you're not going to buck decades of psychological research and claim it isn't.

You mean the same psychological research that says that homosexuality and pedophilia are two entirely different things and can't be compared?  What would you even know about psychology to begin with?  I thought your field of study was "New Atheism."

EDIT: Even if you don't personally agree with his decision, is that justification for injuring him and kicking him out on the street? Careful with that mob mentality; it was used against people like you not very long ago.

Let me answer you with something I literally just said.

3. I am against abusive parents no matter the reason for the abuse.

Does that answer your question, O king of selective reading?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4391 on: September 07, 2014, 07:35:28 pm »

You mean the same psychological research that says that homosexuality and pedophilia are two entirely different things and can't be compared?  What would you even know about psychology to begin with?  I thought your field of study was "New Atheism."

Homosexuality and pedophilia are both deviant sexual orientations. Getting more specific, they address two different things, but they are sexual orientations nonetheless, and the scientific consensus backs that up.

By the way, nice "New atheist" quip, O king of irrational and flat-out wrong pagan beliefs.

Let me answer you with something I literally just said.

3. I am against abusive parents no matter the reason for the abuse.

Does that answer your question, O king of selective reading?

You still sound like a complete asshole when you trivialize those circumstances by saying "Don't compare your struggles to [my struggle]".
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4392 on: September 07, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »
Ooh boy. Take cover.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4393 on: September 07, 2014, 07:53:35 pm »
I got the bobcat!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4394 on: September 07, 2014, 07:56:28 pm »
*Checks jimmies*
Nope, still good.