Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547411 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4395 on: September 07, 2014, 08:04:03 pm »
Homosexuality and pedophilia are both deviant sexual orientations. Getting more specific, they address two different things, but they are sexual orientations nonetheless, and the scientific consensus backs that up.

[citation needed]

By the way, nice "New atheist" quip, O king of irrational and flat-out wrong pagan beliefs.

Why thank you. ;D

You still sound like a complete asshole when you trivialize those circumstances by saying "Don't compare your struggles to [my struggle]".

It's more like "I don't take sappy tumblr images as proof of struggle."

It's like how black people get rightfully pissed when homosexuals compare their struggles to the struggle that black people have faced in the past and today.

So let me see this grand struggle that zoophiles face.  Other than the fact that legally, animals cannot consent, tell me of this grand struggle.  Show it to me.  Show me what I'm supposedly trivializing.

And not just tumblrinas and tumblrinos waxing poetic about privilege.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4396 on: September 07, 2014, 08:10:00 pm »
I don't think the comparing of the Struggles of Homoesexuals and African Americans is that bad, of course I'm Straight and very white.

And please stop debating Ironchew.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:13:23 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4397 on: September 07, 2014, 08:12:52 pm »
I don't think the comparing of the Struggles of Homoesexuals and African Americans is that bad, of course I'm Straight and very white.

For starters, gay people have never been enslaved for being gay, gay people aren't regularly stopped by policemen for being gay, and gay people are 99% less likely to get shot while surrendering and being gay.

There's a lot of gay black men out there that are conveniently ignored by the "gay community", too.  Not to mention the fact that, a double whammy, gay white people credit themselves -- sorry, their "predecessors" for the stonewall riots when it was black transwomen who led the charge.  Bet you don't hear about that in the "gay community" that often.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:14:46 pm by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4398 on: September 07, 2014, 08:13:34 pm »
Homosexuality and pedophilia are both deviant sexual orientations. Getting more specific, they address two different things, but they are sexual orientations nonetheless, and the scientific consensus backs that up.

[citation needed]

Brian L. Cutler, Encyclopedia of Psychology and Law, SAGE, 2008, ISBN 978-1-4129-5189-0, p. 549, which Wikipedia cites when it says "Pedophilia has been described as a disorder of sexual preference, phenomenologically similar to a heterosexual or homosexual sexual orientation because it emerges before or during puberty, and because it is stable over time."
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4399 on: September 07, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »

For starters, gay people have never been enslaved for being gay, gay people aren't regularly stopped by policemen for being gay, and gay people are 99% less likely to get shot while surrendering and being gay.
Well, the T segment is really likely to get murdered, and LGBT youth are often harassed, bullied, and kick out of there homes.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4400 on: September 07, 2014, 08:16:06 pm »
Perhaps not necessarily equal, but not exactly dissimilar, either.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4401 on: September 07, 2014, 08:16:36 pm »

Well, the T segment is really likely to get murdered, and LGBT youth are often harassed, bullied, and kick out of there homes.
Yeah.  In some ways, LGBT people have it worse than racial minorities.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4402 on: September 07, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »
In third world countries the struggle is definitely similar

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4403 on: September 07, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »

Yeah.  In some ways, LGBT people have it worse than racial minorities.
That depends on a lot of factors, a gay guy in Washington is probably gonna be better off than a black guy in texas.

Also, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4404 on: September 07, 2014, 08:22:55 pm »

[citation needed]

Brian L. Cutler, Encyclopedia of Psychology and Law, SAGE, 2008, ISBN 978-1-4129-5189-0, p. 549, which Wikipedia cites when it says "Pedophilia has been described as a disorder of sexual preference, phenomenologically similar to a heterosexual or homosexual sexual orientation because it emerges before or during puberty, and because it is stable over time."

Might want to read that again, because it agrees with me and disagrees with you.

In short, the only similarity they really have is that they both emerge around puberty.  One is a disorder of sexual preference.  The other is sexual orientation.  Two different things.

And the T segment faces quite a bit of its discrimination from the LGB.

In third world countries, yeah, racial and sexual minorities face a lot of the same shit.  But in America, racial minorities still have it quite a bit worse than sexual minorities, except for trans people, who do have it about as bad.

You are right about them not being mutually exclusive.

What I'm saying is that a straight black person is gonna suffer a lot more discrimination than even a gay white person, meaning that race has a bigger impact in discrimination in this country than sexuality.  Except for trans people, who suffer discrimination from all sides of the fence.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4405 on: September 07, 2014, 08:26:45 pm »
It all really depends on where you live in america.
For instance, you don't want to be gay in some tiny fucking nebraskan bible town, or black.

Ok, I suppose I shouldn't turn this into a "Who is more oppressed?" contest.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #4406 on: September 07, 2014, 08:27:17 pm »

[citation needed]

Might want to read that again, because it agrees with me and disagrees with you.

In short, the only similarity they really have is that they both emerge around puberty.  One is a disorder of sexual preference.  The other is sexual orientation.  Two different things.

Legal semantics. They present similarly and the only difference is that homosexuality is legal (which is a recent development) and statutory rape of a minor isn't. You'll notice that homosexuality was similarly classified as a disorder of sexual preference in the 1970s, which should really hit the point home on how it's two different ways of classifying the same thing.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4407 on: September 07, 2014, 08:30:32 pm »
It all really depends on where you live in america.
For instance, you don't want to be gay in some tiny fucking nebraskan bible town, or black.

Most people assume I'm a straight white Christian redneck, so effectively, I'm invisible.

Ok, I suppose I shouldn't turn this into a "Who is more oppressed?" contest.

Nah, discussion's good when it's discussion and not a pissing contest.

It's just that I've never had to fear for my life because the police might accuse me of a crime I didn't commit and beat me to a pulp.  Or that I might get murdered and the killer wouldn't just get free, but be celebrated.

[citation needed]

Legal semantics. They present similarly and the only difference is that homosexuality is legal (which is a recent development) and statutory rape of a minor isn't. You'll notice that homosexuality was similarly classified as a disorder of sexual preference in the 1970s, which should really hit the point home on how it's two different ways of classifying the same thing.

And homosexuality was removed from that list because it wasn't a disorder of sexual preference, and pedophilia wasn't because it is a disorder of sexual preference.

Who's the one arguing semantics again?  Spoiler: It's you.

EDIT:

I should remind you that I asked for a citation that pedophilia is a sexual orientation and that science has been finding this for years.  Instead, you provided me with a citation that clearly called it something separate from a sexual orientation.  So, clearly, science hasn't been finding this for years.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:34:56 pm by Magus Silveresti »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #4408 on: September 07, 2014, 08:33:55 pm »
And homosexuality was removed from that list because it wasn't a disorder of sexual preference, and pedophilia wasn't because it is a disorder of sexual preference.

That's a circular argument. There really isn't any biological difference between "sexual orientation" and "disorder of sexual preference"; it's only a sociological difference according to the norms and laws of society.

Homosexuality was removed from the latter classification because laws and social norms had sufficiently evolved to do so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4409 on: September 07, 2014, 08:36:29 pm »

That's a circular argument. There really isn't any biological difference between "sexual orientation" and "disorder of sexual preference"; it's only a sociological difference according to the norms and laws of society.

[citation needed]

Homosexuality was removed from the latter classification because laws and social norms had sufficiently evolved to do so.

Homosexuality was removed because it was found to be in error.  It had very little to do with laws and social norms, especially since the social norms of the time were still very stringently anti-gay.