Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548458 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4665 on: October 19, 2014, 06:29:22 am »
Wait, you can rape people with your eyes? Shit, I've gotta make a lot of apologies...
Actually you technically can. Though I don't think ripping out your eyeballs and shoving them in someone else's ass/vagina sans their approval is really what that Tumblrina had in mind.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4666 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:56 am »

I'm saving this as shitthatneverhappened.jpg

No you're not. You know what you are? Devoid of personality.

How does someone this immature even function?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:53:59 am by Ghoti »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #4667 on: October 19, 2014, 07:04:40 am »

I wonder if this is some weird trolling thing to stir up controversy in hopes of boosting profits from the resulting arguments.
Gee, ya think?
Another possibility is that Valve takes a long time to release things.

I just see that and think. "Someone doesn't like me on the internet".

*shrugs*

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4668 on: October 19, 2014, 08:11:04 am »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4669 on: October 19, 2014, 10:36:21 am »

(click to show/hide)

I believe I am a fennec god living in a human vessel...

No, you don't. If you did believe that, you would know for certain and state it as fact: "I am a fennec god". That you couch it in terms of opinion shows that not even you buy that bullshit.

And that's alright. It's not like anybody cares that you want to pretend to be a fennec god on the internet, your hobbies are your hobbies. But it would be nice if you didn't have to phrase it as an act of aggressive assertion of identity.
Σא

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4670 on: October 19, 2014, 05:08:56 pm »

We've come full circle! They're now making the exact same argument that homophobes make. Amazing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4671 on: October 19, 2014, 08:36:10 pm »
I know this is a tangent but I always thought the jokes about prison rape weren't because the victim was a man - rather the victim was a criminal or bad person. Many times a sex offender themselves. The joke being about poetic justice or comeuppance. Rather than simply being a man themselves.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #4672 on: October 19, 2014, 09:08:57 pm »
As well as trivializing male rape it also obscures female experiences of rape that happen in prison-a lot.

The "fuck em, their criminals" attitude really amounts to an endorsement or rape under narrowly defined circumstances. If you prefer to passively let rapes happen when their prevention could be enforced by the state then you are signalling that you are in favor of it.

If that happens you are creating a part of our society where this type of torture is allowed, and some people living in that part of society will be released into the rest of society. Aside from just not wanting them to be raped because they are, you know, people-it's good to be mindful of that fact.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4673 on: October 19, 2014, 09:21:18 pm »
I agree, rape is abhorrent, rape as a punishment (whatever gender the victim) even moreso.

I was just stating that the 'humour' in prison rape jokes is about revenge rather than misandry.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #4674 on: October 19, 2014, 09:25:44 pm »
I agree, rape is abhorrent, rape as a punishment (whatever gender the victim) even moreso.

I was just stating that the 'humour' in prison rape jokes is about revenge rather than misandry.

Mate, I'd never suggest that you were pro that sort of horrible fucking thing.

I didn't get that impression and sorry if I left the impression I did.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4675 on: October 19, 2014, 09:36:19 pm »

I dislike the whole "misandry" trend in feminism because the women who actually call themselves misandrists and joke about "killing all men," even ironically, show a complete disregard to the fact that there are other people in the world who face oppression besides women, such as men of color and gay, bi, and trans men. This is the same reason why I can't get behind prison rape jokes towards rapists; sexual assault against anyone is a crime and shouldn't be joked about just because the victim is a man.

^^^^

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4676 on: October 19, 2014, 09:37:35 pm »

I wonder if this is some weird trolling thing to stir up controversy in hopes of boosting profits from the resulting arguments.
Gee, ya think?

I dislike the whole "misandry" trend in feminism because the women who actually call themselves misandrists and joke about "killing all men," even ironically, show a complete disregard to the fact that there are other people in the world who face oppression besides women, such as men of color and gay, bi, and trans men. This is the same reason why I can't get behind prison rape jokes towards rapists; sexual assault against anyone is a crime and shouldn't be joked about just because the victim is a man.

Or because the victim is a criminal.  Nobody deserves rape.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #4677 on: October 19, 2014, 09:44:32 pm »
Well said.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4678 on: October 19, 2014, 10:36:14 pm »

Gee, ya think?

Or because the victim is a criminal.  Nobody deserves rape.

Yes, the main reason prison rape jokes are seen as acceptable (which they're not) is "well, they're criminals so they deserve it."

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4679 on: October 19, 2014, 11:09:34 pm »

"CAFAB" is an acronym for "coercively assigned female at birth" and is a catch-all term for trans men and nonbinary people who were "born female." Apparently the person who wrote "cosigned" is a trans woman who was later outed as a rapist who also believes trans men are gender traitors and possibly the devil.
Cluebat loading... Please wait...
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!