Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547399 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5025 on: December 13, 2014, 05:00:49 pm »
And I hate genderbitch, but I'm not about to doxx her and get her fired.

If she could even hold a job...
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #5026 on: December 13, 2014, 05:36:07 pm »
They need to tone things back.

Tone things back? As in, harassers should not go overboard with their bullying tactics? Abstain from extending their campaign to other communication networks than the Internet? Subdue their displays of schadenfreude when their victims get fired from their job? Maybe only dox people who really asked for it?

They need to drop the whole "lynch mob FOR JUSTICE" act altogether. They need to stop acting like the allegedly "progressive" counterpart of the fucking manosphere. They need to find another outlet to vent their frustrations with life and society, one that would let them do so safely and without harming actual people. Video games, maybe? /trollface

On the other hand, the inclusion of that last Tumblr post is... questionable. After all those legitimately terrible quotes, I wasn't quite expecting to find two people simply crapping on the comics for semi-legitimate reasons. But I guess doing so after the artist got doxxed and harassed makes you JUST AS BAD as those who gloated over it and/or try to justify it, right? Right...

This is the kind of garbage that makes obsessive anti-SJW crusaders look like reactionaries trying to justify their own lazy, ignorant, narrow-minded attitudes. I mean, aside from the times when they outright endorse said attitudes. Which they often do.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:37:39 pm by Murdin »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5027 on: December 13, 2014, 05:45:21 pm »
There was also those racist or whatever who got fired.

I suppose they probably would have gotten fired when there boss saw their Facebook anyway, but still I suppose.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5028 on: December 13, 2014, 05:51:49 pm »
Greenpeace fuck up World Heritage site to protest climate change.

Activists from the organisation placed a banner next to a figure of a hummingbird, carved more than 1,500 years ago.

They were hoping to increase pressure on UN negotiators currently meeting in Lima.

The Peruvian government said it would prosecute the activists who took part.

The ancient depictions of animals, including a monkey and a hummingbird that are etched into the arid plain of Southern Peru are a vital part of the county's heritage.

Visits to the site are closely supervised - ministers and presidents have to seek special permission and special footwear to tread on the fragile ground where the 1,500 year old lines are cut.

Earlier this week 20 Greenpeace activists from seven countries unfurled a protest banner very close to the location of the lines.

. . .

Unfortunately, according to the Peruvian authorities, the legacy of the stunt was damage to the ancient site.

They say the green group entered a strictly prohibited area and left footprints. The government is asking for the identities of those involved and threatening prosecution and six years in prison for the offenders.

Here are some pictures:

(click to show/hide)

Honestly, who was the knucklehead who thought that was a good idea and why didn't the people they proposed it to throw things at them?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5029 on: December 13, 2014, 07:09:18 pm »

Remember when it was the smartest people who coined new words?  I miss those days...

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5030 on: December 13, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »

Tone things back? As in, harassers should not go overboard with their bullying tactics? Abstain from extending their campaign to other communication networks than the Internet? Subdue their displays of schadenfreude when their victims get fired from their job? Maybe only dox people who really asked for it?

They need to drop the whole "lynch mob FOR JUSTICE" act altogether. They need to stop acting like the allegedly "progressive" counterpart of the fucking manosphere. They need to find another outlet to vent their frustrations with life and society, one that would let them do so safely and without harming actual people. Video games, maybe? /trollface

On the other hand, the inclusion of that last Tumblr post is... questionable. After all those legitimately terrible quotes, I wasn't quite expecting to find two people simply crapping on the comics for semi-legitimate reasons. But I guess doing so after the artist got doxxed and harassed makes you JUST AS BAD as those who gloated over it and/or try to justify it, right? Right...

This is the kind of garbage that makes obsessive anti-SJW crusaders look like reactionaries trying to justify their own lazy, ignorant, narrow-minded attitudes. I mean, aside from the times when they outright endorse said attitudes. Which they often do.

Holy shit, Murdin. For once I agree with you on this.

The comics certainly were objectionable and the last two comments justified, but here's the caveat here. Your discussion and criticisms on the internet should be as far as it goes, as long the subject isn't dangerous to themselves or others. This sort of unified response to ruin somebody in real life is the tactics of a groupthink environment, and are unacceptable if one is supposedly campaigning for civil liberties.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5031 on: December 13, 2014, 11:19:28 pm »
Okay, I've been hearing different stuff about the Plebcomics incident.  I've heard she was doxxed, and I've also heard she's the one who posted or linked to the information and literally dared sjws to contact her employer.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5032 on: December 14, 2014, 01:47:22 am »
Okay, I've been hearing different stuff about the Plebcomics incident.  I've heard she was doxxed, and I've also heard she's the one who posted or linked to the information and literally dared sjws to contact her employer.

Does that make a difference? Getting someone fired because you don't like their opinions is wrong, even if that person is stupid enough to tempt the infinite hate machine.
Σא

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5033 on: December 14, 2014, 03:00:14 am »

Does that make a difference? Getting someone fired because you don't like their opinions is wrong, even if that person is stupid enough to tempt the infinite hate machine.
Yeah, it makes a difference. Posting your employer's information online and taunting the internet to do something about it is stunningly unprofessional, and I would consider that grounds for termination right then and there. On the other hand, if she got doxxed then I'm willing to say that her opponents went too far.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5034 on: December 14, 2014, 12:08:14 pm »

I've heard she was fired for semi-unrelated reasons.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5035 on: December 14, 2014, 12:17:45 pm »

Holy shit, Murdin. For once I agree with you on this.

The comics certainly were objectionable and the last two comments justified, but here's the caveat here. Your discussion and criticisms on the internet should be as far as it goes, as long the subject isn't dangerous to themselves or others. This sort of unified response to ruin somebody in real life is the tactics of a groupthink environment, and are unacceptable if one is supposedly campaigning for civil liberties.

I'm going to third this.  There are some elements of her comics that I firmly disagree with.  I don't like how she treats feminism as a whole as being unhinged.  I also don't like her dismissal of objectification.  And unlike her, I think that rape really isn't something you can joke about lightly.

However, while I disagree with some of what she has to say, I agree that she has the right to say it.  Free speech has to be protected.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5036 on: December 14, 2014, 02:48:45 pm »

Yeah, it makes a difference. Posting your employer's information online and taunting the internet to do something about it is stunningly unprofessional, and I would consider that grounds for termination right then and there.

I'm not sure how that logic checks out. Either trying to get someone fired over their opinions is wrong or it isn't. If she helped that along, she's stupid, maybe even so stupid she shouldn't have a job, but the actions the harassers took are exactly the same either way. Their morality cannot depend on whether or not she is unprofessional, unless your view is that they only tried to get her fired to protect her employer from employing someone who is not a professional.
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5037 on: December 14, 2014, 04:55:25 pm »

Yeah, it makes a difference. Posting your employer's information online and taunting the internet to do something about it is stunningly unprofessional, and I would consider that grounds for termination right then and there.

I'm not sure how that logic checks out. Either trying to get someone fired over their opinions is wrong or it isn't. If she helped that along, she's stupid, maybe even so stupid she shouldn't have a job, but the actions the harassers took are exactly the same either way. Their morality cannot depend on whether or not she is unprofessional, unless your view is that they only tried to get her fired to protect her employer from employing someone who is not a professional.

If I'm in the middle of a wrestling ring and my opponent has just been fired up from a vicious promo I've delivered and I tell them to just bring it and they do....I'm not sure how I can explain it any better.

Ironbite-you don't dare someone to do something then get all upset when they do the thing you've dared them to do.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5038 on: December 14, 2014, 05:53:56 pm »
And while we're talking about doxxing:

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5039 on: December 14, 2014, 06:00:11 pm »
How is this real?