Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548273 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5520 on: February 07, 2015, 12:35:12 am »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5521 on: February 07, 2015, 12:45:45 am »
WORDS ARE A SOCIETAL CONSTRUCT! WHATEVER I SAY MEANS WHATEVER I SAY I MEAN I SAY!!!!!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #5522 on: February 07, 2015, 12:48:08 am »
Is that why my brain translated that as "Because... shutup!"
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5523 on: February 07, 2015, 12:54:16 am »

I know this can be read as "I can call myself whatever I want for any reason!", but I don't think that's what she's saying and there's an actual point behind it.

Defining "biologically female" by genitals is arbitrary (that's what "genital essentialism is a social construct" means). A person who was born with a penis but transitions, and e.g. has oestrogen levels typical of an adult woman is now "biologically female" in at least one relevant sense, while still being a trans woman. I'm pretty sure that's what she meant, anyway, it's a standard argument in trans circles.
Σא

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #5524 on: February 07, 2015, 12:58:25 am »
Really? Huh. That I did not know.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5525 on: February 07, 2015, 10:55:57 am »
And when I tried to argue essentially the same thing back in FSTDT it caused a big enough shitstorm that I took some time off from the forum to calm my stress level.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #5526 on: February 07, 2015, 08:40:50 pm »
Yeah, I didn't realize that last night. Apologies for the mistake.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5527 on: February 07, 2015, 08:52:37 pm »
Yeah, I didn't realize that last night. Apologies for the mistake.

It's okay.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5528 on: February 08, 2015, 12:01:32 am »
Hey, the SJwiki actually has a "truscum" page! SURPRISE, IT'S BULLSHIT.

A large part of their argument is based on the psychiatric/medical definition of transgender people, known as gender identity disorder and/or gender dysphoria. Pathologising trans people, while extremely oppressive, grants truscum a form of legitimacy. Using the medical community's definition, truscum have found a certain level of "acceptance" within institutions. In so much as the DSM (and other diagnostic manuals) allow them to request to have the operations, hormones, and other help they require.

HSBers and truscum, in other words, use the tools of oppression (binarism, dyadism, binary gender, neurosexism, etc.) in order to "build a house"; piggybacking on the deeply embeded colonialism, racism, and (cis)sexism within Western medicine and science.

TLDR, actual trans people are evulz because they recognize that it takes more to be trans than changing your imaginary gender every other fucking day for shits and giggles. Jesus christ, the sheer amounts of buzzwords in these alone makes me want to punch something.

Shitheads.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:03:23 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5529 on: February 08, 2015, 11:00:38 am »
Middle schoolers.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5530 on: February 08, 2015, 11:46:23 am »
Middle schoolers.

"Middle schoolers" with scarily considerable influence, thanks to DARPA's favorite life replacement and them infiltrating the social sciences/academia to pervert them to their ends. Case in point:

http://cssc.berkeley.edu/events/event/queering-agriculture-food-security-in-the-nations-capital-and-the-crises-of-reproductive-american-familism/

Up next: Dissolving the Ciskulaks as a class and proper use of the AK-74 in sticking it to the man. Perhaps a bit of swimming in the peasant sea as well, you know? Got to bring about the world revolution somehow, comrades.

Of course, I just see REDREDSREDSREDREDSREDSREDSREDSREDSREDS everywhere so I may be misreading this. But Jesus Christ, it's like the SLA all over again.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5531 on: February 09, 2015, 06:55:22 am »
Hey, the SJwiki actually has a "truscum" page! SURPRISE, IT'S BULLSHIT.

A large part of their argument is based on the psychiatric/medical definition of transgender people, known as gender identity disorder and/or gender dysphoria. Pathologising trans people, while extremely oppressive, grants truscum a form of legitimacy. Using the medical community's definition, truscum have found a certain level of "acceptance" within institutions. In so much as the DSM (and other diagnostic manuals) allow them to request to have the operations, hormones, and other help they require.

HSBers and truscum, in other words, use the tools of oppression (binarism, dyadism, binary gender, neurosexism, etc.) in order to "build a house"; piggybacking on the deeply embeded colonialism, racism, and (cis)sexism within Western medicine and science.

TLDR, actual trans people are evulz because they recognize that it takes more to be trans than changing your imaginary gender every other fucking day for shits and giggles. Jesus christ, the sheer amounts of buzzwords in these alone makes me want to punch something.

Shitheads.
I'm trans, I spend half my waking hours on tumblr, and I still have no fucking clue what half these words mean. "Neurosexism"? The fuck? Seriously, is it that damn hard for these pissbabies to find a different hobby besides "dragging trans people into their special snowflake bullshit"?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5532 on: February 11, 2015, 02:37:11 am »
Apparently A bunch of people on Tumblr are offended by the forced feminization fetish because it's transphobic or something.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5533 on: February 11, 2015, 03:14:32 am »
The what fetish?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5534 on: February 11, 2015, 04:51:40 am »
You mean people of Tumblr are offended over something completely trivial, just for the sake of being offended? Well there's the shock of the fucking century.