Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548349 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5715 on: March 08, 2015, 06:27:23 pm »
From the bowels of Pharyngula's comment section:
Women get one day. Blacks get the shortest month of the year. White men get the rest of the time.

It's true. Calendar printers could save ink by not marking 336 days as "White Mens' Day".

Black History Month is in February because it contains the birthdays of both Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass.

Oh, and women also have their own month:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_History_Month

In any case, you gotta love how this idiot divides the human race into blacks, women, and white men.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5716 on: March 09, 2015, 01:24:05 pm »

And besides, Daylight Savings beings on a different day every year, whereas International Women's Day is always on March 8.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5717 on: March 09, 2015, 01:30:43 pm »

And besides, Daylight Savings beings on a different day every year, whereas International Women's Day is always on March 8.

You're using facts. Don't you understand how triggering that is?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5718 on: March 09, 2015, 02:21:07 pm »

Stop oppressing me with your facts!

EDIT: Dammit, dpareja, I just read your comment. We're both oppressed.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5719 on: March 09, 2015, 06:06:00 pm »
YOU'RE OPPRESSING ME SO BAD!

Ironbite-CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5720 on: March 09, 2015, 09:48:28 pm »

When someone interprets "she forced herself on me against my will" as "she wouldn't sleep with me", I think there's some glaring projection going on.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5721 on: March 09, 2015, 09:49:08 pm »
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Orange-County-University-Students-Vote-to-Ban-American-Flag-295473791.html

THEY are coming for your flags, citizens! Buy or make as many AR-15s as you can, so we can overthrow our yuppie overlords!

Fabric is now officially oppression. Look at all of this colonialist oppression, shitlords! LOOK AT IT!

In addition, the measure claimed that "freedom of speech, in a space that aims to be as inclusive as possible can be interpreted as hate speech."

Seriously, though. Start the AR factory up.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:54:55 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5722 on: March 09, 2015, 10:20:37 pm »
n addition, the measure claimed that "freedom of speech, in a space that aims to be as inclusive as possible can be interpreted as hate speech."

Yeah, that's true. guess what? just fucking deal with it, bitches. your feelings aren't that important.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5723 on: March 09, 2015, 10:45:06 pm »
I am utterly disgusted that these whiny little stains think their feelings are this important.

If you get hurt feelings, big deal, Tumblrina, that's life.

Or, if you're so fragile and breakable, get triggered and die choking on your vomit.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5724 on: March 10, 2015, 12:04:27 am »
I am utterly disgusted that these whiny little stains think their feelings are this important.

If you get hurt feelings, big deal, Tumblrina, that's life.

Or, if you're so fragile and breakable, get triggered and die choking on your vomit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/killthosewhodisagree/

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #5725 on: March 10, 2015, 12:04:46 am »
That's what the 1st Amendment is about, to protect unpopular and possibly offensive speech from government censorship.  UC Irvine is a public institution, so I could imagine them having problems with following through with the ban if it was ratified.  However, the student body leadership has vetoed the ban.

Nowhere in the U.S. constitution does it say explicitly that you have a right to never be offended.  College is a place for higher learning and growth of knowledge, not a daycare center for 18-22 year olds that will coddle them.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5726 on: March 10, 2015, 12:10:00 am »
That's what the 1st Amendment is about, to protect unpopular and possibly offensive speech from government censorship.  UC Irvine is a public institution, so I could imagine them having problems with following through with the ban if it was ratified.  However, the student body leadership has vetoed the ban.

Nowhere in the U.S. constitution does it say explicitly that you have a right to never be offended.  College is a place for higher learning and growth of knowledge, not a daycare center for 18-22 year olds that will coddle them.
Yeah, while I think the flag is unnecessarily worshipped (see:People finding flag burning more upsetting than black teens getting gunned down) but outright banning it is retarded and pointless.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #5727 on: March 10, 2015, 02:07:10 am »
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Orange-County-University-Students-Vote-to-Ban-American-Flag-295473791.html

THEY are coming for your flags, citizens! Buy or make as many AR-15s as you can, so we can overthrow our yuppie overlords!

Fabric is now officially oppression. Look at all of this colonialist oppression, shitlords! LOOK AT IT!

In addition, the measure claimed that "freedom of speech, in a space that aims to be as inclusive as possible can be interpreted as hate speech."

Seriously, though. Start the AR factory up.

AR factory? Which one?

*looks at Colt, Armalite, DPMS, Aero Precision, Del-Ton, Bushmaster, FN, Daniel Defense, LaRue, Smith & Wesson, Spikes Tactical, Stag Arms, Troy, Windham Weaponry, and Wilson Combat*

Also, what the hell is this sudden obsession with protecting the feelings of grown fucking adults? No one wants to be uncomfortable but here's a news flash: growth requires discomfort. So grow up and stop acting like fucking children.

...I might be a little cranky.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5728 on: March 10, 2015, 10:01:57 am »
Eh, you may be cranky, Damen, but you're right.  People need to stop being such whiny pussies when they get offended.  Get some skin, children.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5729 on: March 10, 2015, 10:18:03 am »
Aren't these the same people who complain when someone who they don't like is offended? I am pretty sure that they are eager to give comments like "grow a pair" if someone is offended by their homophobic tirade but when someone says anything other than supreme praise about their favourite thing they are super-offended.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!